flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > best way to cool CPU & GPU

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
usually, i just use stock cooling thermal that came default when purchase CPU or GPU,

is there any 2014 methods to cool things down, make them run silent at low temperature, 99% usage,

i haven't try anything like water cooling or any DIY cooling method, since i am not a pc gamer by default,

thinking it might be better to ask here first if anyone already found some superb methods to cool CPU & GPU if using them for mining purpose.

thank you.
Post 23 Dec 2013, 01:23
typedef

typedef
water cooling/liquid nitrogen/refrigeration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmSBaizEqkk

http://www.overclockers.com/how-to-build-a-refrigerator-cpu-cooler/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_cooling

Wikipedia wrote:

Liquid Nitrogen Cooling
In the realm of personal computers, this method of cooling is seldom used in contexts other than overclocking trial-runs and record-setting attempts, as the CPU will usually expire within a relatively short period of time due to temperature stress caused by changes in internal temperature.
Although liquid nitrogen is non-flammable, it can condense oxygen directly from air. Mixtures of liquid oxygen and flammable materials can be dangerously explosive.
Liquid nitrogen cooling is, generally, only used for processor benchmarking, due to the fact that continuous usage may cause permanent damage to one or more parts of the computer and, if handled in a careless way, can even harm the user.
Post 23 Dec 2013, 01:38
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 18:55; edited 1 time in total
Post 23 Dec 2013, 03:07
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
There is also the option to submerge the entire case, mobo and PSU in oil. Of course this still requires a radiator/cooling/pump system to circulate the oil and keep it cool but it is more efficient than many other cooling methods.

Make sure you use the correct oil though. I have seen cooking oil being used successfully.
Post 23 Dec 2013, 03:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 18:55; edited 1 time in total
Post 23 Dec 2013, 03:34
dogman

dogman
Quote:
I have read that hydrogen is even better than nitrogen.

It's better for exploding things (remember the Hindenberg) but worse for cooling. I think we can safely rule out hydrogen for anything related to cooling based on historical events Wink

Post 23 Dec 2013, 07:27
malpolud

malpolud
A friend of mine overcooled a CPU with peltiers combined with water cooling. The temperature was to low for propper operation - it hanged and so on. After rising the temperature it worked correctly. IMHO a good diy set of liquid/water cooling is more than enough, it would be quite nice to have a full set: CPU, GPU, power supply and maybe the HDD. Water cooled power supplies are quite rare though.

Post 23 Dec 2013, 08:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
thanks for so much responds and replied, much appreciate =)

revolution wrote:

There is also the option to submerge the entire case, mobo and PSU in oil. Of course this still requires a radiator/cooling/pump system to circulate the oil and keep it cool but it is more efficient than many other cooling methods.

ok, this is COOL!!, i never heard bout this,
does this need a special tighter processor clip?

malpolud,
i guess there is a minimum acceptable Celsius for processor or etc electronics component to function,

idk what temperature is best for moving electrons, or does the electrons really move? or they just passing some sort of QI among them, idk.
Post 23 Dec 2013, 12:26
malpolud

malpolud
Yes, electrons do move. The minimum operating temperature for electronics is rather caused by different heat expansibility for different materials.

Post 23 Dec 2013, 21:27

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: