flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > need ideas for hackathon.

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Overflowz

Overflowz
Hi to everyone!
Could anyone suggest me any ideas to preset at hackathon? It's my first day so I don't want to fail Very Happy
Languages that I know (not best, but enough): x86 assembly, C/C++ (also with Qt extensions) and PHP.

Also POSIX and WINAPI too.

Topic is not specific. For any additional information let me know to tell.

Thanks!
Post 16 Nov 2013, 13:40
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
64 bit DOS programming. =)

or write simple functional php extension using f/m/n/g/asm?

or (application developement) f/m/n/g/asm processing application logic while QT deal with GUI,

or windows x86 / amd64 application interface through ajax
Post 16 Nov 2013, 14:47
matefkr

matefkr
what is it for? where is the money in it? i can count on two hands and two dirte feets the order of magnitude for the normalized decimal number of individuals who do science almsot for free. is it so hard for them to cooperate and make thiir own state?
Post 16 Nov 2013, 15:48
Overflowz

Overflowz
sleepsleep
trust me, they will look like "What the F*** is that?". Here are low knowledge about such things Sad I need something that "dumb" people will understand, it should be front-end, or they will not understand anything Sad
matefkr
It's just a contest, more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon
Post 16 Nov 2013, 16:28
MHajduk

MHajduk
Overflowz, maybe you can write with FASM a simple application that draws Lissajous or rose curves on the screen (with randomly chosen parameters, so every time it would plot something slightly different). It could be a program for DOS or, quite the contrary, something that uses OpenGL functions. Smile

It shouldn't be too complex, I think, and, what is the most important here, is quite spectacular. Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_curve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lissajous_curve
Post 16 Nov 2013, 17:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Overflowz

Overflowz
Hi, thanks for tips but I don't think it will be "good" for them, I mean, they'll ask "what benefits it will give us?" and what should I say? Sad
Post 16 Nov 2013, 18:23
MHajduk

MHajduk
Overflowz wrote:
Hi, thanks for tips but I don't think it will be "good" for them, I mean, they'll ask "what benefits it will give us?" and what should I say? Sad
Okay, you may ask also "what can art give us?", "what art is for?". If it should be something simple, spectacular and made by hand what they can expect?

Yeah, I got it, they expect 256-byte RSA cracking algorithm. Fast, short and incredibly useful "snippet". Razz
Post 16 Nov 2013, 18:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Overflowz

Overflowz
MHajduk
Quote:
Yeah, I got it, they expect 256-byte RSA cracking algorithm. Fast, short and incredibly useful "snippet".

haha funny Very Happy not at all. People who won such contest, wrote face detection algorithm or speech recognition library, or even facebook "like" button long time ago.. Very Happy I need some fresh idea that would be simple and amazing, I can't think anything of.. I'm aiming to get job from sponsors, not the fking hackathon.. Very Happy
Post 16 Nov 2013, 19:04
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
idk your target audience,
but, "dumb" equal to below presentations ideas.

1. how to install php with apache, nginx, or iis,

2. how to edit php.ini to add dll extensions, and various configurations.

3. how to download a open source project, and deploy them on local server.

some more ideas, more challenging, for your another days presentation.
1. write a simple facebook app

2. write a simple android app

3. write a simple app that utilize cloud processing, amazon ec2, microsoft azure

4. build a local cloud at home, then use smartphone to view, manage local cloud.
Post 16 Nov 2013, 19:17
MHajduk

MHajduk
Overflowz
Write a Wordpress plugin in a form of a button that, when somebody pushes it, transfers him/her to the site with information about free rooms in hotels/hostels in the distant parts of Georgia (Mtskheta-Mtianeti and Kakheti). I think it's quite original, am I right? Wink Razz
Post 16 Nov 2013, 19:20
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
getting those free rooms data could be very challenging.
Post 16 Nov 2013, 19:23
MHajduk

MHajduk
Web scraping. Wink
Post 16 Nov 2013, 19:25
Overflowz

Overflowz
MHajduk
Haha, that's awesome idea! Very Happy but as sleepsleep said, it will be very challenging, need to find any web server where such information will be available first :/ I'll try to find it first, thanks for great idea tho!

and sleepsleep, cloud processing is amazing idea too! thank you for your support! Smile
Post 16 Nov 2013, 19:41
matefkr

matefkr
[quote="Overflowz"][b]sleepsleep[/b]
trust me, they will look like "What the F*** is that?". Here are low knowledge about such things Sad I need something that "dumb" people will understand, it should be front-end, or they will not understand anything Sad
[b]matefkr[/b]
It's just a contest, more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon[/quote]

[b]

That is problem mr Overflowz... toomany contestes[/b]
Post 17 Nov 2013, 04:18
Overflowz

Overflowz
matefkr
What do you mean?
Post 17 Nov 2013, 14:32
matefkr

matefkr
I mean u wont fucking be idea stealer then u make something useless crap wich u can actually sell so u can by overpriced bitches. If not u someone else would do this.
Post 17 Nov 2013, 15:06
Overflowz

Overflowz
matefkr
I don't want to be "idea stealer" Wink I've got enough ideas for private use, trying to make some business from it. I just need some crap that will interest business people to invite for job Wink
Post 17 Nov 2013, 15:48

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: