flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > what kind of god do you believe in?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

What kind of god do you believe in?
I believe in the god(s) of Hinduism.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I believe in the revealed god of Judaism (Yahweh).
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I believe in the revealed god of Christianity (Yahweh++).
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
I believe in the revealed god of Islam (Allah).
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I believe in a god like Spinoza's.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
I believe in a god like Einstein's.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I believe in a god of the gaps.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't believe in any god.
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sinsi

sinsi
Post 12 Nov 2013, 08:32
uart777

uart777
Seems meaningless to talk about "God" without some definition. How can we accept or reject something that is undefined? It is like asking "Do you believe in X?". Until X is defined, I can't answer the question.

Spinoza & Einstein did not believe in a personal/Theistic "God" as described by popular religions. I checked Spinoza/Universalism; doesn't matter, same underlining moral principles in every "good" book/movie/etc (example: Wizard of OZ). Whether you claim to be Christian or Atheist, it does not determine who you are as a person.
Quote:
"If we are a good Christian, we are a good Buddhist" - Dalai Lama
hopcode: Nothing wrong with Jesus' teachings Smile If only (most) Christians would read their Bible and follow it.
Quote:
“I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ” - Gandhi
Is it irrational to believe that there is a source of positive energy - life, knowledge, love, creativity, etc - or to believe that there is a type of immaterial "energy" inside that powers our bodies? Without the "me", a human body would otherwise be an inanimate physical object.
Post 12 Nov 2013, 09:33
JohnFound

JohnFound
revolution - so many words, and as a result, the same that I am talking to you. Is it worths? If you only need to be the winner in this dispute, no problem, I am resigning. Wink
Post 12 Nov 2013, 09:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
hi,
to be frank, i don't see how an answer or winner could be produced,
unless of course, some form of self proclaimed god come in and lecture us about him/her/it self.

i suppose this is more to sharing and thoughts exchange, analysis, and etc more positive values.
Post 12 Nov 2013, 13:16
edfed

edfed
i believe that no god questions exists at all. god is just a tool to make people affraid of doing forbiden things.
Post 12 Nov 2013, 15:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hopcode

hopcode
i admit God being in the world practically a tool used for different purposes. and the matter is just as
Gandhi explains about Christians too, in the quote from uart. we may add lot of other controversial and real aspects.

this doesnt stop *other* people to believe in God. they feel/feed something called "hope".
thanks that hope they believe in miracles and wonder things.

but hope, what i personally think, is the half but just something like fear or love or hate:
hope is semi-irrational. everybody can learn one day to "take advantage" from it.

in the meanwhile,Very Happy assembly programming stays as a funny diversion, just to say, from all difficult, yes!!,
they are very difficult to me, but nonetheless interesting arguments, like existence-not existence,
dichotomy, the meaning of the word "irrational" or agnostic, or finally what exactly is a "proven statement".

IMHO, i suggest to K.I.S.S
and i can say actually, i love a residual image of what i believe to be God,
or Christ. i think: being honest with oneself is the start of a good way to improve terminology
of what one believes being what one believes it is
it's enough...
Very Happy

Post 12 Nov 2013, 16:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
matefkr

matefkr
U are all stupid talking so much shit about it.

There are entities with various influence levels. do i believe there is an entity with the most defining power? no i am SURE there is one entity with such called everything (=universe). Surely there can be no other entitites more defining. because this entity includes everything. and now aside from this one, there is no meaning to talk bullshit about it for most likely the universe is jsut too big to understand.
Post 13 Nov 2013, 00:21

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: