flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > keep on using microsoft office 2010 trial forever

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
idk if this could be considered as hack, tips or a illegal ahem ahem,

sometime, people only want to use microsoft office 2010 in a very short period, 2 days, 1 week,

sometime, some people only want to use it in trial mode because they got no budget to purchase large quantities for their training or etc.

due to lots of reasons, financial and etc, they need to use microsoft office 2010 without paying microsoft.

there is a trial mode in microsoft office 2010, a period for you to try eg, 30 days before you buy. (capable to re-arm 5 times to 180 days, must do it before trial expired)

the most inconvenience way would be, you format your pc every 30 days, install microsoft office 2010, because after 30 days, there gonna be a red title bar stating that product is unactivated

what i gonna explore is,
delete something, run office 2010, prompt to get repaired, you input back trial product key or etc office 2010 product key you could google, then you get another 30 days. (no red alerting title bar again)

let see if i could solve this issue tonight... Laughing
Post 08 Nov 2013, 16:03
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
The part I don't understand is why you "need" to use Office 2010? There are alternatives.
Post 08 Nov 2013, 16:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 19:09; edited 1 time in total
Post 08 Nov 2013, 16:21
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

The part I don't understand is why you "need" to use Office 2010? There are alternatives.

it is not my need, it is a solution for a customer.
and that customer is conducting a training how to use word 2010, and how is it to do it without using office 2010 =P you got to recommend me the way.

HaHaAnonymous wrote:
And you won't need to re-install your operating system every 30 days.

i am trying to get as legal as possible, in a way, no kms hacked activated copies and etc known obvious hacked methods.

i respect ms intellectual property, no doubt, the price of the office product is really high (i speak for my local country economy), and their aggressive marketing move to push government / private sectors to deploy "only" microsoft products solution through windows monopoly (it doesn't seem so ethical from my perspective, some sort of software hijack there)

perhaps google free office solutions through android will soon split the office market into fifty fifty.
Post 08 Nov 2013, 16:40
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
revolution wrote:

it is not my need, it is a solution for a customer.
Okay. But ...
sleepsleep wrote:
due to lots of reasons, financial and etc, they need to use microsoft office 2010 without paying microsoft.
... why do they need to use it for free? If it is a business doing training then just pay the money and don't risk your clients sending in the cops.
Post 08 Nov 2013, 16:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 19:09; edited 1 time in total
Post 08 Nov 2013, 17:19
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
in an ideal world, system, and etc environment factors,
maybe things are shared in a most efficient and positive ways,

i advice my customers to use genuine legal or choose open source if they want them free.

but i consider trial software as legal, and that is something offered by microsoft, a try before you buy period. (legally)

whether to use trial software for financial gain is acceptable by terms & conditions, idk, i am not a lawyer.

maybe microsoft should really give free license to those who train others using microsoft products, because the eventual of the event is, those people will buy microsoft products in order to use it, otherwise the time used on training will get wasted.

like i mentioned above, i try to make it as legal as possible, in a way, the red title bar will still comes up after 30 days,

i only explore a way to make the red gone as i wish. =)
Post 08 Nov 2013, 17:21
typedef

typedef
sleepsleep wrote:

maybe microsoft should really give free license to those who train others using microsoft products, because the eventual of the event is, those people will buy microsoft products in order to use it, otherwise the time used on training will get wasted.

Microsoft already has something like that. Sometimes they have discounts for companies.

But this can also be an advantage: http://dreamspark.com

The only requirement is that you must be an active student and must provide proof.
Post 08 Nov 2013, 17:44
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
here the current testing step,

a) get this file first.
Office 2010 Retail Single Image x86 X16-32007.exe

b) prepare a virtualbox with host date set to february 2013.

c) google for a office 2010 pro trial key, the edition is based on what product key you input.

d) install, standard version only got word, excel, powerpoint

e) execute it and go to help -> about and see how many days you could use, 30 days after installation.

f) change hostpc date time, see if the counter decrease.

g) after 30 days trial expired, you can no longer use this product, (but for beta or RTM prelease, you can still use it, only a red title bar kicks in)

i guess microsoft check the MSOCACHE date,, trying ...
Post 08 Nov 2013, 18:38
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
tried the following,
export registry before installation,
set datatime to expired
import back the ealier registry,

try to install (as if clean pc), failed with detected,
so, i guess this conclude it tried to read some file, or check some dll version to detect if 2010 was installed previously.

now try to use InstallWatchPro to monitor installation.
Post 08 Nov 2013, 20:14
typedef

typedef
Try API monitor

http://www.rohitab.com/discuss/topic/37059-using-api-monitor-to-crack-copy-protected-software/

But why are you wasting your time re-inventing the software cracking wheel ?
Post 08 Nov 2013, 20:32
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
because the office 2010 un-installation process doesn't totally clean up the files it installed.. it left some clue file, token or stuff to check against the user should he reinstall back.
(is this a bug?)

so, what is the "key file" that installer check to detect if user previously install 2010 already or not.
Post 08 Nov 2013, 20:50
typedef

typedef
sleepsleep wrote:
because the office 2010 un-installation process doesn't totally clean up the files it installed.. it left some clue file, token or stuff to check against the user should he reinstall back.
(is this a bug?)

Probably not. I think I remember hearing that old Office installer saved a file in Sytem32 but I don't remember correctly.

sleepsleep wrote:

so, what is the "key file" that installer check to detect if user previously install 2010 already or not.

This is probably proprietary to MS only.
Where did you find the file?
Post 08 Nov 2013, 21:13
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i think i found something, using the api monitor,

the installation process now could complete without any alert of previous installation,

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

all the stuffs must get deleted.

but, issue is, after the application starts up, you could use it for around 20 seconds, then the input your 25 keys kick in and ask you to activate, then it locks the whole application prevent any further input.
Post 08 Nov 2013, 21:52
typedef

typedef
CheatEngine can also be used to read/write to application memory but keep in mind that MS Office applications can detect debuggers and memory scanners. I don't know about the installer itself. Maybe that's worth a try.
Post 09 Nov 2013, 00:14
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i hate what i am doing now, damn it..... it is like work of jerk.
Post 09 Nov 2013, 10:31
revolution

revolution
If one of my customers asked me to do such a thing for them I would tell "No" straight away and make sure they understood that I didn't want to get involved with their illegal plans.
Post 09 Nov 2013, 10:55
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:
If one of my customers asked me to do such a thing for them I would tell "No" straight away and make sure they understood that I didn't want to get involved with their illegal plans.

i said "no" too, just only mine is not so louder compare to yours... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

i guess i got no choice if view from financial perspective.
Post 09 Nov 2013, 14:37

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: