flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > iCloud Hacking

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
typedef

typedef
Post 30 Sep 2015, 06:15
redsock

redsock
Most interesting, when I tried searching via Dr. Google and DuckDuckGo, I couldn't get this dude to turn up at ALL in the first 10+ pages of results.

It _used_ to be that he was kind of said castle. I'll let you read in between the lines.

Anyway, this dude has had forensics on all things Apple for many many moons, and when I saw your link, tried to find him... no luck. Had to resort to bookmark history to find him.

https://www.elcomsoft.com/PR/iCloud.html

Happy safe-n-sound w/ Apple remote storage products. Smile
Post 30 Sep 2015, 06:34
typedef

typedef
Yup. I'm glad they got breached. Fuckers. They store your shit to the cloud yet they denied me access to my own data when my iPod got fucked up. My data wasn't worth stealing but it meant shit to me.
Post 30 Sep 2015, 19:56
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Why would anyone choose to trust some other company to look after their data? The only thing another company really cares about is money and profit. Your data is not important to them in any way unless they can use it as a means to get money from you. Or as a means to get money from someone else (i.e. selling it).

Also, if ... no sorry, when it is hacked/breached/subpoenaed/sold you won't know about it. Then many others will also have your data which they will use for whatever purpose they want.
Post 30 Sep 2015, 22:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
typedef

typedef
That's why I don't take pictures of myself or upload unencrypted stuff to servers. All of it was just music files and some Photoshop images I made.

Also, you never know if they're taking your data until they get hacked. The more reason to hack your service provider. Hell, I don't even know if this board sells email addresses. You wouldn't know.
Post 01 Oct 2015, 01:04
redsock

redsock
Actually, I can assure you 100% that this board doesn't sell emails Smile I have maintained a wildcard delivery domain for many many years, such that all sites/vendors that need an email address for me I give them something like nospam_CONAME@, etc.

This way I can tell who gets compromised, or doesn't uphold their promise not to spam me, etc.

The worst one I can recall was the Chicago Board of Trade getting compromised (they never admitted that they sold it). Got (and still get) heaps of spam to nospam_cbot@ which I only ever gave to them

Smile
Post 01 Oct 2015, 07:04
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Traitor tracing email addresses are always a good idea IMO. One email per contact. See which of your contacts and which sites are traitors/blabbermouths. I just wish I could do the same with my phone number.
Post 01 Oct 2015, 07:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
codestar

codestar
I wouldn't share anyone's personal information. Text and images are digital information that are constantly being edited and there are so many hackers and bots online.
Post 01 Oct 2015, 08:26

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: