flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > LETS MAKE A VIDEO GAME-DEV poll

How would u contribute to the development of a crowdfunded multi-step development video game?
programming physics/graph/sound (engine stuff)
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
programming website for game
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
programming game logic
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
3d modelling
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
graphical effect design (2d, and textures of sorts).
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
sound effects
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
voice actor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
animation
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
information sourcing on web or reallife and spreading the word
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
writing script for the game/multilingual stuff?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
matefkr

matefkr
minimum is 4 hours average work per day recquired on some creative areas.

NO MULTIPOLL OPTIONS ON WEBSITE (!).

-game can be many sort but IDEAS are not yet welcome because of possible theft by an already developed team. generally its fps, middle age, or creative game.. eventually intended to be open world game (possibly many individuals already playing such video games so they are in the mental context of liking such.. and spreading of word is needed anyway).
-developed in smaller steps crowdfunded increasing steps untill a final huge art and stuff update plus script is added (before this step complete there is already trust from others so they would fund this huge stepp if gone so far).
-after got the necessery crew is probably 2 programmer plus 1 for website (maybe one of the two), 1 for sound effect stuff (perhaps one programmer who is not overloaded), 1 3d modelling (separate most likely), 1 2d artist (for skins separate most likely), 2 voice actors (whoever), 1 spreading the word (separate from other tasks). minimum 5 maximum 9 person. thus is the recquirement. provided they work around or not much more then 4 hours average daily for 1- or at most 2 month for the initial phase and if successfull then more onwards.

if u would like to join but unable to work such amount of hours on average u may post a topic? since no multipoll options then its maybe comment anyway.

game will be on some stages playable from website (low quality video stream but ok enough) watching gameplay demos. all done using registration with free sms service identification and telephone number id. for a telephone number limited ammount of time is needed free to try with limited ammount of gameplay or only watching gameplay videoes.
Post 16 Sep 2013, 05:41
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i guess, i am more to ideas contributing,
Post 16 Sep 2013, 08:54
matefkr

matefkr
i do programming (at least one of those) then additionally if needed i do 3d modelling sound effects and animation. Ideas contributing of course.

Sleepsleep. ok but it would be usefull (to start the project running) if one of the above at least is already picked. first there will be no story.. so writing scripts is irrelevant (building a story piece by piece the people always being aware of substeps is kinda awkward and it recquires lots of environment as well for a scriipt to work.
Post 16 Sep 2013, 11:47
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
hi matefkr,
i actually see the approach by tthsqe is quite good,

having a base for the game, because through such base, overall game play is defined, so people have some sort of ideas how this game going to look like.

so, when one coded a base, then he/she deserves to lead that game into final release,

the one who will make final decision is the one who coded the base,

members could assist, improve, motivate, suggest, debug, try play,

but final decision is on the hand on people who code the base,

actually, if you look at fasm assembler, the final decision is on tomasz, and so far, fasm survives lots of years, and this approach seems working.

idk how much effort people willing to commit, and the worse guess is, zero,
but if people start to see something shaping up, maybe they are more than willing to help and get it into final release. (i hope so)
Post 16 Sep 2013, 13:24
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 19:53; edited 1 time in total
Post 16 Sep 2013, 14:46
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
HaHaAnonymous wrote:

But who cares, I know nobody wants me.

i recommend you watch naruto anime,
http://streamnaruto.com/

opps, that is Naruto Shippuden, you got to watch from first series of naruto.

here,
http://www.narutoget.com/cat/4-english-dubbed/

Last edited by sleepsleep on 16 Sep 2013, 15:21; edited 1 time in total
Post 16 Sep 2013, 15:17
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 19:53; edited 1 time in total
Post 16 Sep 2013, 15:20
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
well, i hate english dubbed, still prefer japanese sound with english subtitles,

why, there is no why, i just think that, maybe that anime would give some insight or ideas, answer to
HaHaAnonymous wrote:

But who cares, I know nobody wants me.
Post 16 Sep 2013, 15:26
TmX

TmX
HaHaAnonymous wrote:
If your intentions were to make some kind of "portable" game that would not only run in Windows, but at least in Windows/Linux (I'm not even going to mention MAC OS as it is as expensive as gold) then I would try to make something (as if I had something good to offer...).

Well, there are some free/open source game engines that support Windows/Linux/OSX, so this should not be a big problem, right?
Post 16 Sep 2013, 15:28
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 19:52; edited 1 time in total
Post 16 Sep 2013, 15:28
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
TmX wrote:

Well, there are some free/open source game engines that support Windows/Linux/OSX, so this should not be a big problem, right?

i assume they are going to program the game using asm, or maybe other hll?
most i google requires the use of C++,

but still no conclusion, matefkr ,hasn't decide on game type, is it a native platform game? native mobile game? or online web based game, or etc.
Post 16 Sep 2013, 15:42
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous

Post 16 Sep 2013, 15:56
TmX

TmX
sleepsleep wrote:

i assume they are going to program the game using asm, or maybe other hll?
most i google requires the use of C++,

Yes, usually those game engines target C++. They may support additional languages like Java or Python, for example.

I'm not aware of game engine written in assembly. But anyway, this would make an interesting project Wink
Post 16 Sep 2013, 16:15
matefkr

matefkr
so um. platform is largely irrelevant. something wich can be coded on different platforms probably work.

its probably pc, or some console. unimportant again.. first it is developed on pc, then console if needed. as it is coded the person for information sourcing or some individuals are looking for information and showing links and etc etc etc.. and eventually decision is made. for some sort. but then probably it is pc plus other stuff platform.. running on opengl or such.

as i say there is no need for too many ideas. it would be sci-fi or middle age like game, or cooperative creative game..

then its started to be coded.. having few items few sounds few graphics etc.. it can catch the attention.
Post 16 Sep 2013, 16:52
matefkr

matefkr
this poll is rather strange.. should have better options. so who voted what?
i woted 3d modelling, but i wnated multy vote. mainly i do some programming and 3d modelling. have enough programmers. have enough 3d artists (i may do the level design part of 3d modelling). I could do some sound effects too. Since noone picked web design, i may do this part of programming as the team is ready.

i would say we go with the middle age like game. or a simple fps.
there would be need for voice actor (my voice is terrible) and need for information sourcing too..
So maybe now we all look for some games popularities as information gathering, or start with the middle age one? Anyway the main website features can be started to be done.

So who would be in the team? (again on average 4 hours work daily, for a month.. about this the time till its probably done for the demo stage after wich donations are asked for if poeple want it to be continued).

so i guess me is: website+perhaps some gamecode, + some level design, plus sound effects.

then other people are engine stuff, game logic stuff, and 2d 3d artist (for skins).

ANYONE IN THE TEAM SHOULD ADD MY SKYPE: mate.zoltan21.. i think it allows grouptalks.. we will make an own communciation platform as it is needed in the video game anyway (separate software not on the website probably).

Adding me u should send message regarding the roles u take and average ammount of time. I think probably we go with the middle age-like thing or coding up website (mich) looking for 3d engines (wich later to be modified or built a new one). other stuff talked on the skype thingy i would guess.
Post 16 Sep 2013, 17:03
TmX

TmX
I just made my vote: programming game logic
Post 16 Sep 2013, 17:13
matefkr

matefkr
ok probably no need for additional programmers for the earliest stage (with small amounts of stuff done good quality and advertised). please add me on skype: mate.zoltan21 (all who have already voted).
Post 16 Sep 2013, 17:39
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous

Post 16 Sep 2013, 19:39
matefkr

matefkr
well i guess they should install skype then we communicate.. make our communication software for the thing.. then communicate with this communication thing.. rather simple.
Post 17 Sep 2013, 08:02
matefkr

matefkr
please add me on skype who have noted their capacities to contribute. my skype is mate.zoltan21 also send me a flatassembler.net message as well.
Post 18 Sep 2013, 20:06

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: