flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > lets make some video game.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
matefkr

matefkr
shall we?
Post 14 Sep 2013, 11:47
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
What is your plan?
Post 14 Sep 2013, 12:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
maybe expand tthsqe game with game concept, game play, and etc?
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=15746

http://www.classicgamesarcade.com/game/21637/galaga.html
how bout a centered circular based galaga typed classic shooting game using tthsqe game as base.

i guess the pleasures derive from this idea game would be,
beautiful scene, intense graphic, shacking motion,

maybe could transform tthsqe game as a shooting typing game, i guess kids & adults would really love such high graphic quality typing software.

Description:
Filesize: 7.68 KB
Viewed: 6624 Time(s)

galaga.png

Post 14 Sep 2013, 18:49
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 19:56; edited 1 time in total
Post 14 Sep 2013, 19:27
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
sleepsleep wrote:

i guess the pleasures derive from this idea game would be,
beautiful scene, intense graphic, shacking motion,

like all tighten ropes, there got complex tightening methods, but with ample time, we sure could break it, the game play focus on tighten the rope, and gamer untie them.

HaHaAnonymous wrote:

For example: In that game sleepsleep posted above, the computer could always destroy his aircraft in a matter of a "nanosecond".

sure the game could program into such a way to destroy the ship in nanosecond, but does the game play, logic allow such execution? because you might as well program it upon game start, ship destroy automatically even before game start.

leading gamer to continue untie the rope is the "key",

i could write a lot i think, but i guess, i let it for another day.
Post 14 Sep 2013, 20:01
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 19:54; edited 1 time in total
Post 14 Sep 2013, 21:07
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
HaHaAnonymous wrote:

Ok, call it what you want. Continue to elude yourself.

I'm quitting this thread before someone gets hurt.

well, i couldn't see this evolve to who is hurting who, and it is not about who hurting who,
could we discard the "hurt" and keep on discussion?

HaHaAnonymous wrote:

you have to make the AI stupid for it to be playable against humans

actually, we could use captcha as an example,
is rendered a captcha readable but still hard to read by computer software a dumb down or equal to code the AI stupid?

or best captcha AI is the one nobody could read?
Post 14 Sep 2013, 21:59
matefkr

matefkr
my plans so far is to get a team convince them that i have good plans and we will do it in smaller steps first increasing steps as trust is built by those funding the project. so all the other team members should concentrate to is not ideas but some specifics. for example everoyne agrees that a good 3d modell or good sound effect immediatly draws attention.
about concepts.. well eventualyl turning into openworld game.. mostly online game. some ideas like middle age, sci-fi alternate world, cooperative creativish like game.
of course all these might contain some possibilities for racing or whatever similar to other open world games. there would be a need for someone who spreads stuff on forums and posts link to other team members as a proof of spreading stuff.
(then these links are put into a program where it makes some simple statistics regarding wich forum topics had reports from the individual(S) doing the scouting and spreading the website link).

Then the donations go by either cheap game.. somewhat costly development, possible for donators to sell.. donators get extra content, source and whatever.. (in such case source may be modified). this can work due to number of pirates. the other idea is basicly making the game more costly and the devlopment less costly.. The last stage of game development takes for the longest times, where special items and many map areas and such are added plus new characters etc.. so surprise is still an element.

So if there are enough interested initially (probably no more then 5 individuals part time for 1-2 month at most depending on 2-4 hours daily).. these will be able to make initial stages of this development. no indiegogo or such bullshit have to make own website and some stuff about donations (paypal.. or a special bank account set up so that donators are also receving feedbacks from an international bank in case there is changes done to the bank account.. so they can trust the whole thing. also they can register their donation will before they donate.. by registering only phone number and at the game website. so if a number of individuals said yes they would donate identifinyg self with phone number, then they transfer money to bank account (first stage gets things done shows some graphics and gameplay.. may be online playable version.. with low resolution video limited time ammount.. they donate and things continnue being developed, and may right away download the executable [all of them,... for this initial stage].)

basicly this is the game development things and i have some ideas.. but i dont want to share only if there are enough people i tell some of the specifics i would like in the initial version they might modify these.. but should not put too many items into the initial version.. people dont need too many items later one with too much redundant use.. but they need a wide variaty of useable items (but things must progress well enough).

Something like this. So basicly for example 3 weapons at first for the game.. with variing uses something unique about their handling 2-4 unique game functions 1-2 characters 2 armors and 1 no armor version for at least some of the parts. and a small multiplayer map with some vegetation, some practice envrionment and a few items on this map (like bottles or such and so forth). just a few things.. only this much for first version plus multiplayer capability making this single map multiplayer friendly.
Just have to make it sound look and everything very pretty.
Post 14 Sep 2013, 23:32
revolution

revolution
matefkr wrote:
Just have to make it sound look and everything very pretty.
I think a good game should have strong gameplay and be interesting. If something is just existing to try to impress me with pretty pictures and sounds then I am not interested.

Also you talk about weapons and armour above, so do you intend to make yet another first person shooter? If so then: boring. There are hundreds of these around. A good game should have new ideas, not just rehash the existing stuff.
Post 15 Sep 2013, 00:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 19:54; edited 1 time in total
Post 15 Sep 2013, 00:39
revolution

revolution
HaHaAnonymous wrote:
... if the humans created it they will be able to decode it in one way or another.
Did you know about the provably secure OTP encryption? It is not always possible for the 'creator' to know how to be the 'decoder' also.

But regardless, yes is is possible to make a game so hard that you die within a short time but where is the fun in that? If the game is too hard then there is no enjoyment for the player and the game gets deleted. There needs to be a trade off between hardness, playability and enjoyableness. Pretty graphics and sounds are secondary concerns.
Post 15 Sep 2013, 00:56
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 19:53; edited 1 time in total
Post 15 Sep 2013, 01:26
revolution

revolution
HaHaAnonymous: OTP mode encryption can't be solved mathematically no matter how much processing power you have.

For example can you break this four letter OTP encrypted code?
FrsO

The answer could be anything. All possible four character strings can be a potential answer and you have no way of knowing which is the "correct" answer. OTP is not called provably secure for no reason.
Post 15 Sep 2013, 01:47
tthsqe

tthsqe
If you all have any ideas on gameplay / graphics I would be willing to try something. I have absolutely no idea how sounds works though.
If you want to base something on what I posted earlier, let me clean it up a bit and add some 3D capabilities. One of the main issues I have is keeping the main loop from hogging the CPU while it waits for 60 Hz intervals.
Post 15 Sep 2013, 02:06
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous

Post 15 Sep 2013, 02:22
revolution

revolution
HaHaAnonymous wrote:
Quote:

OTP mode encryption can't be solved mathematically no matter how much processing power you have.

OK. So why didn't they use this method if it is so unbreakable?
I don't who you refer to when you say "they" but there are people that use it. It does have practical difficulties with key distribution and people are working on QKD systems to help with that. Anyhow, it was only to demonstrate that unbreakable systems are possible.
Post 15 Sep 2013, 02:32
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous

Post 15 Sep 2013, 02:45
revolution

revolution
HaHaAnonymous wrote:
The cryptography enthusiasts.
In that case a subset of "they" do use it. Many military units have been using it for a long time.
Post 15 Sep 2013, 02:56
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
A = centered circular based

B = shield to protect D

C = snake will fire some sort of weapon towards D, only shield B could protect this C attack

D = time seconds bonus, let say first level require player to stand protect D for 180 seconds, and so on (like a countdown clock)

E = when pressing [space bar], the rectangle area will get hot, need time to cool down, once it gets too hot, no more space bar available for that box (the box will die)

{F, G, H} = combo color box, if player hit those box according to color or shape displayed, they get extra time top up into D

then i added another thing is, fuel to move.
fuel to move == what A adsorb after shooting those incoming box.
our plane could move based on how many fuel he got, (maybe some bonus item)
then press B to black hole transfer to centered circular A. (maybe 3 B for each level?)

maybe add a new KEY for gravity absorb,

those absorbed fuel will save into one big tank, bring from level to level, like $$, could help player to unlock or add-on or etc.

so, longer time to play == more opportunity to gravity absorb fuel,

then fuel can buy more B black hole transfer.

Description:
Filesize: 35.97 KB
Viewed: 6540 Time(s)

15092013.jpg

Post 15 Sep 2013, 04:03
tthsqe

tthsqe
sleepsleep, do you know how to do sound?
Specifically, I can give you the waveform as a sequence of words. Can you compress this to an mp3 and then playback this mp3 when necessary in the game?
Post 15 Sep 2013, 05:08

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: