flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > about light, light travel, i dont get it,

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
here my questions,

stream of light, ON -------------
and continuous flash of light, ON -- OFF -- ON -- OFF -- ON -- OFF ...

i assume there is some sort of energy inside light which property is to fill any space (like water), and once the energy is used up, the light collapse,

means, the energy is converted to motion, and through motion, maybe the clash with other atoms produce spark, then we call it light,

idk if my understanding is correct or not, since it is what under my observation and reading and internet google,

i am curious bout how light travel, assume sun through the burning surface, gives out light, and the light spread everywhere, and we got it on earth after 8 minutes plus something,

so, if i take a black glass and view the sun right now, am i viewing the 8 minutes ago sun?
and if i take a telescope on a highest mountain, and view on the sun, is it still 8 minutes ago?

now, night, we see lots of stars, assume each of them got their own sun,
why we could view them, they said, those light come from maybe 20 light years, 200 or 2 million or billion light years ago,

why their light could travel so far, but my flash light only a short moment?

what properties inside light?
size of light? intensity? energy inside light?
Post 07 Jul 2013, 13:21
matefkr

matefkr
WHAT THE HELL ARE U DOING? I REFUSE TO FUCKING READ IT DAMMIT -.- U DONT REALIZE HOW MUCH PIECE OF SHIT PEOPLE ARE.. AT LEAST QUITE SOME OF THEM WITH EXECUTIVE CAPABILITIES.
DONT THINK ABOUT SUCH.... JUST DONT. iF U BELIEVE THERE MIGHT BE A CHANCE TO BUY SOME ATTENTION THIS WAY, U MIGHT ELIEVE THERE IS A CHANCE THE UNIVERSE IS IMMENSELY LARGE AND A LOT OF SEPARATED INTELLIGENT LIFE FORMS EMMERGE SOME OF WICH ARE PEACEFULL THUS THEY ARE LIKELY TECHNOLOGICALLY MUCH MORE ADVANCED WHEN MEETING WITH HUMANS.

SINCE U MIGHT CONNECT MY ADVISES WITH SOME OF MY OTHER STATEMENTS.. U MIGHT AS WELL THINK BACK ON THOSE AND PONDER U CANT REALY MEASURE TIME. BASICLY YEAR IS EARTH DECELERATING AND ACCELERATING IN SOME MANNER AND BLAHBLAH.. MEH.

WHATEVER FORGET ABOUT IT.
Post 07 Jul 2013, 17:37
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
matefkr, what stuff have you been shooting up again? Dude!

sleepsleep wrote:
i assume there is some sort of energy inside light which property is to fill any space (like water), and once the energy is used up, the light collapse,

means, the energy is converted to motion, and through motion, maybe the clash with other atoms produce spark, then we call it light

Photons are elementary particles, just like the ones making up atoms. They travel normally at the "speed of light" (or c for celerity), which is equal to 300,000 km/s more or less.

sleepsleep wrote:
so, if i take a black glass and view the sun right now, am i viewing the 8 minutes ago sun?

Correct, you're viewing it as it looked like 8 minutes ago.
You can see things because photons are "illuminating" your retina.
Using some special telescopes, we've been able to see our universe as it was as far back as 13.something billion years; before that time we can't see anything because photon decoupling hadn't occurred yet, and so, no older photons are coming back to us.

sleepsleep wrote:
now, night, we see lots of stars, assume each of them got their own sun

Sorry for nitpicking, but our "Sun" is a star itself. What you're seeing in the night sky are the billions of "Suns" in our galaxy's neighborhood.

sleepsleep wrote:
why their light could travel so far, but my flash light only a short moment?

Maybe because your flashlight is not a nuclear fusion reactor producing 3.8 x 10^26 watts, or ~380 yotta watts, of power.

sleepsleep wrote:
what properties inside light?
size of light? intensity? energy inside light?

http://pveducation.org/pvcdrom/properties-of-sunlight/energy-of-photon
... Among other things.
Post 07 Jul 2013, 18:10
matefkr

matefkr
i was not shooting up any sort of stuff.
Post 07 Jul 2013, 18:14
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Light (and EM energy in general) also has the property of particle/wave duality (look it up). Set up an experiment to test for energy waves and you will find it. And, set up another experiment to test for energy particles and you will also find it. How can light be both a wave and a particle at the same time?
Post 08 Jul 2013, 11:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
let say inside a dark room,
i switch on my torchlight, i on it then off it, then i chant a sound, eg, c

for a split second, the room seems light up, and c sound could be heard through my ear,
why light, and sound want to spread and fill everywhere?

i assume they want to seek balance, thats why they move, or having motion,
i take water as an example, they will keep on having motion until they are stable. (with gravity)

now what happened with light, those photons?
they went out from my torchlight, then they perform some light up inside a dark room, then they collapsed and gone?

where are those photons? since they exists physically ( i assume )

if each photon (physical) travel in light speed,
why my torchlight photons couldnt travel 1km?

if i need more energy to make my torchlight photons travel 1km, what "more energy" here actually cause/affect to the previous torchlight photons?
Post 20 Jul 2013, 20:43

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: