flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > U.S. spy agencies mined Internet data?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Quote:
The Guardian, a British newspaper, and the Washington Post reported Thursday that U.S. intelligence agencies had access to the central servers of nine of the country's biggest technology firms including Microsoft, Apple, Google, Yahoo and Facebook.
Check this out:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/06/politics/nsa-internet-mining/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

As I am planning to buy a Windows Phone 8 handset, should I need to worry about the aforementioned reports? Rolling Eyes Wink
Post 07 Jun 2013, 03:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
matefkr



Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 1291
Location: Ukraine, Beregovo
matefkr
when u buy a technology piece not verified by yourself u should always worry. it is common sense there is something secret because u dont know it yourself. since some people talk negative or even made up rearranged polished things with bad words behind the back of someone, then it is also an example for the existance of missinformation secretely in some way to be done. also one might look at someone else and then turn away before the other would notice lookig. this is an example of secretly observing (or the showcase of it so to speak). since human have habbits wich (when good enough or bad enough, the memories are remembered usually as brain is intact). So due to this, and the prevailance of the things i have just talked about these habbits still remain into adulthood, and these reseive an extention by the manufacture of certain jobs wich are related to controlling or checking people.. (well). so it is certainly evident that there are some people who can check all communication of many others without others necesserily knowing it (well of course at least the server runner and whatever). This is a minimum.
Post 07 Jun 2013, 08:38
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ManOfSteel



Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 1154
ManOfSteel
I AM SHOCKED Shocked

Not!

Really, is anyone genuinely surprised?

Does ECHELON ring a bell? NSA/AT&T's Room 641A or AT&T's "collaboration" with the FBI? ...

They've been doing this for ages. They will continue and there's nothing anyone can do to stop them.


YONG wrote:
As I am planning to buy a Windows Phone 8 handset, should I need to worry about the aforementioned reports? Rolling Eyes Wink

Only if you're picky about your wiretap's brand and model. Wink
Post 07 Jun 2013, 16:50
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
ManOfSteel wrote:
Does ECHELON ring a bell? NSA/AT&T's Room 641A or AT&T's "collaboration" with the FBI? ...
Wow! I did not know that! Shocked

I now understand why people call the U.S. "the FREE world" -- in which "FREE" refers to "free access to private or supposedly-restricted information"! Mad
ManOfSteel wrote:
Only if you're picky about your wiretap's brand and model. Wink
Crying or Very sad Wink
Post 08 Jun 2013, 04:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
typedef



Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 2913
Location: 0x77760000
typedef
welcome to earth. Population: 10. 1% controls the rest of 99%
Post 08 Jun 2013, 08:31
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sinsi



Joined: 10 Aug 2007
Posts: 693
Location: Adelaide
sinsi
Why do you think they are pushing "the cloud"? Your data are not yours.
Funny that the denials (Google, Facebook et al) all sound the same, all talking about "no direct access to our servers". What about indirect access?

Conspiracy theory: the NSA just built a massive server farm in Utah.
Does cloning data count as direct access?
Post 08 Jun 2013, 08:46
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
matefkr



Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 1291
Location: Ukraine, Beregovo
matefkr
the question is what they are use it on. it is rather clear that these people "serving there" are such who want to enjoy the privileges coming with those jobs, and also some who wanna look good in front of masses from the perspective of current cultural ideals.
Post 08 Jun 2013, 10:21
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
matefkr



Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 1291
Location: Ukraine, Beregovo
matefkr
their methods are of spawning misstrust in between others.. yet they trust so much eachother (funny isnt it?)
Post 08 Jun 2013, 10:23
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
matefkr



Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 1291
Location: Ukraine, Beregovo
matefkr
only such people are willing to do this for long who are not problematising about creating some problems or pain in others just as a habbit controlling them. they dont care about possible side effects.. they just redirect responsibility to others, or other things.
u can find some bullies from the school working as xyz jobs.
Post 08 Jun 2013, 10:24
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
matefkr



Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 1291
Location: Ukraine, Beregovo
matefkr
it is absolutely no wonder that society and economy is fucked up.
Post 08 Jun 2013, 10:25
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ManOfSteel



Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 1154
ManOfSteel
I don't really understand why people are getting so excited about what's happening. They *know* (well, I hope they do) that corporations like Wall-Mart, and even more so Facebook and Google, have been gathering all kinds of data on everyone for years. They operate gigantic data centers that store petabytes over petabytes of personal information. Wall-Mart already had half a petabyte worth of data a *decade* ago!

Intelligence agencies are into the same info-gathering business and they've been into it for far longer.

It was only a matter of time before the two started working together.

Expect more "cooperation" as technology gets more sophisticated.
Post 08 Jun 2013, 10:38
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jejus_slave



Joined: 04 Nov 2012
Posts: 4
jejus_slave
typedef wrote:
welcome to earth. Population: 10. 1% controls the rest of 99%


Absolutely true,i know few people in my long surrounding who can deal with such stuff.

_________________
To Pwn TitaniumTro....
Post 09 Jun 2013, 06:47
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  


< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on YouTube, Twitter.

Website powered by rwasa.