flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Learning russian

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
alessandro95

alessandro95
I'll post here since I know there are some native speakers on this board and I don't know where to find one otherwise!

I decided I'd like to learn russian, not because I have to, just personal satisfaction and it's a fascinating language, I googled a bit around and it doesn't seem as hard as it is usually said to be, even if I don't know any slavic or germanic language, I was wondering if any native speaker could give me some advice on where to start (some book, website or whatever) or just general suggestion I'd better keep in mind while studying russian!
Thanks

Alessandro
Post 29 May 2013, 12:01
matefkr

matefkr
u will need a jar of pickled cucumber and 2 liters of vodka.
u start at 6 am cnosume half a liter under 3 hours with mostly cucumber. and u read wikipedia. and translate random shit and single words with google translate. u can even make it talk u just tell things after the talker.

mabe u should acquire an ushanka as well and disable all room heating.. or turn the air conditioner quite down, so due to the lot of vodka u wont feel coldness.

russian is bad language. learn dutch or german.. i dont know others. or learn some random micronesian language.
Post 29 May 2013, 17:48
matefkr

matefkr
or rather chinese or spanish or french (because the french is beautifull language only i cannot comprehend the relation between writing and talking thingies.
Post 29 May 2013, 17:49
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
Awesome advices!
Smile
Post 29 May 2013, 21:08
alessandro95

alessandro95
I'm living in china since 9 months so I know a bit of chinese and since I'm italian I read both french and spanish without many problems (but I don't speak them nor I'm very good at understanding them spoken), german instead looks interesting...
Post 29 May 2013, 23:52
shoorick

shoorick
matefkr wrote:
u will need a jar of pickled cucumber and 2 liters of vodka.
Very Happy
there are more safe and effective ways to learn russian Razz

Post 30 May 2013, 04:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
matefkr

matefkr
[quote="shoorick"][quote="matefkr"]u will need a jar of pickled cucumber and 2 liters of vodka.[/quote]Very Happy
there are more safe and effective ways to learn russian Razz[/quote]
yes but it is elementary to master perfect pronounciation.
Post 30 May 2013, 07:53
zhak

zhak
I think you could google smth like 'learn russian from start'. First, get familiar with the alphabet, sounds, then simple words and so on.
http://www.russianlessons.net/lessons/lesson1_main.php
http://masterrussian.com/start_learning.htm
maybe these resources would be helpful. Here's one more in russian, for children who learn alphabet and how to read Smile http://xn--80aha3bb4d.xn--p1ai/alphabet/
I used similar approach with arabic. no so easy to learn the language by yourself, but possible
Post 30 May 2013, 09:51
rugxulo

rugxulo
(Yes, I'm late in replying, sorry.)

alessandro95 wrote:
I'll post here since I know there are some native speakers on this board and I don't know where to find one otherwise!

It's a big world, so I'm sure you can find somebody (phone, letter, webforum, email). Though FYI I don't speak it nor know anybody either.

Quote:

I decided I'd like to learn russian, not because I have to, just personal satisfaction and it's a fascinating language, I googled a bit around and it doesn't seem as hard as it is usually said to be,

Really? I heard it was pretty difficult, e.g. 20 years later you'll still be struggling to understand some stuff. But maybe a simple subset would
suffice for 80% of use cases, who knows.

Quote:

even if I don't know any slavic or germanic language,

I'm no linguist, but I think English is considered "Germanic".

Quote:

I was wondering if any native speaker could give me some advice on where to start (some book, website or whatever) or just general suggestion I'd better keep in mind while studying russian!

I almost don't want to suggest this as it may come across as naive. (Well, it probably is.) You know, Doktoro Esperanto was a Russian-speaking Polish Jew of Lithuanian heritage. So yeah, you may wish to learn E-o, at least as an intermediate form between Russian and whatever your native language is. There's probably a national organization (or at least UEA) to help you, e.g. offering dictionaries (vortaro) or books, magazine, etc.

Yes, I realize learning one language in order to learn yet another is probably not considered wise. But the E-o grammar itself is very rigid, only 16 rules, and people have indeed used E-o as an intermediate form for various things (e.g. online dictionaries).

At the very least, you may find it interesting to read / compare the _Fundamento_ (which has a Russian translation, among others):

http://www.akademio-de-esperanto.org/fundamento/gramatiko_rusa.html
Post 04 Jul 2013, 18:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: