flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > idea : what if we, human, are ...

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
ok, this thought struck me, and i think i need to post it here,

what if, we are genetically created, to find solution to some complex algorithm problem?

i mean, the family tree would logically conclude that, human are created, maybe evolution happened during the process, but human was created at first, be it a single cell, or a whole human structure with body,

and of course, god that understood by religion got no part in this creation process except people use it as a name for easy explanation, as a concept, and the sure thing is nobody know the creators name,

i am thinking, what if the idea of creation is to find or test or measure, duration for a single cell to achieve best or exact logical thinking,

ok, i come to this assumption because,

when you put var x = 8, then you print(x), it printed 9, then it is certainly something is wrong, bug, error,

or when you start writing an algorithm, you will test it to see if input a will produce known output b

and what if the problems are already laid into our dna, then we are boot into breathing mode, learning, solving problem, in order to attain the best logical judgement in every situations and aspects,
Post 19 May 2013, 05:34
sinsi

sinsi
Don't Panic!
Post 19 May 2013, 05:44
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
This idea has been around for some time.
We're the experiment of some race, like rats in a labyrinth.
We've been created and observed for science.
Post 19 May 2013, 10:49
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
I can imagine a time in the future when humans will no longer exist, and there will remain a complex result of our existence. This result might even choose to emulate the human process with a virtual environment. Or maybe we are already there and don't know it?

I would like to use a name for this future intelligence. Yet, it should not be confined by some present bias. It could be a collective intelligence distributed throughout the universe. Maybe it would devour stars and dis-regard our level of complexity as unworthy of preservation.

In this way we could be a stepping stone to reach the answer to this complex problem, or merely a side branch of discovery which is discarded.

The universe seems very fractal-like. So, it's not far-fetched to imagine several similar "Earths" with slightly different histories -- even without the notion of parallel universes. Our future intelligence might search the universe for the other "Earths" -- dis-regarding other similar complexities in it's infinite ignorance.

Whatever the nature of it - I wish us the best of luck at getting there. Very Happy
Post 19 May 2013, 22:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
bitRAKE: You might be interested to read up about the technological singularity.
Post 20 May 2013, 00:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
AsmGuru62 wrote:

This idea has been around for some time.
We're the experiment of some race, like rats in a labyrinth.
We've been created and observed for science.

yup, the idea been around for some time, and i found one of the goal of the experiment, =D

@bitrake,
i was thinking, what is the definition of human, because it could gets into huge and bizarre answer,

and how the way we view ant, the rights of ant, the rights of those sim characters in our pc,

because we could just switch off the pc if the sim game doesnt fulfill our expectation, we dont think sim deserve living,

and what if we are the sim characters

because when machine behave like human, could we assume they got the consciousness like human, idk, that is kinda bizarre
Post 20 May 2013, 01:47
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 20:25; edited 1 time in total
Post 20 May 2013, 03:21
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
sleepsleep wrote:
because when machine behave like human, could we assume they got the consciousness like human, idk, that is kinda bizarre
I ponder this too. And the case when they have consciousness greater than ours. Can we humble ourselves to live like children of our creation? And resist the urge to make it our slave.

Post 20 May 2013, 07:52
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
bitRAKE wrote:
And the case when they have consciousness greater than ours.
Confused How does one compare consciousnesses? What criteria are used to decide which is the greater? Confused
Post 20 May 2013, 07:59
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
revolution wrote:
bitRAKE: You might be interested to read up about the technological singularity.
I don't like the idea because it's a discontinuity like the big bang. At such an event the rules governing the system change (typically). A conservative part of me wants to believe there are unseen barriers which induce an asymptotic effect - making a technological chasm whose complexity is beyond human ability to bridge. The reality might be that the event changes what it means to be human.

Post 20 May 2013, 08:06
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
revolution wrote:
bitRAKE wrote:
Confused How does one compare consciousnesses? What criteria are used to decide which is the greater? Confused
That's a problem, certainly.

I guess I'm suggesting that the problem will scale with complexity and a hierarchy of awareness will be apparent to those existing at greater complexities. Of course, this imaginary scale need not be linear - perceptually or functionally. At a particular scale entities might only have a particular capacity for consciousness and the application of this capacity is multi-faceted. So, maybe there are other facets and/or greater capacity.

Post 20 May 2013, 08:07
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:
bitRAKE wrote:

i take it means like kids consciousness vs adult consciousness.

because i believe mentality is part of consciousness,

consciousness resulted 2 possible actions,
do something,
or
do nothing

by doing something, we could measure the logic, mentality, intelligence or that being/object,

by doing nothing, even if it is conscious, then we got no way to measure it,

but we could give one assumption, that is, being conscious means you need to do something instead of nothing,
Post 20 May 2013, 12:48
matefkr

matefkr
well as long as it behaves like human it is human. but it also matters how the information processing does behave. then if it is similar, then more likely to be conscious.

i was thinking earlier: that space is smooth then it means that calculations of effect are continious and have a specific precision just like with any other floating point operation, thus there is a cycle to elaborate the brain mechanisms as well (as these connect to atoms) thus even though a computer might have a cycle to create intelligent program, conscousness will arise likely, or rather a soul will arise. i dont know wether there is but one soul or multiple souls. but there are two individuals at least: me and another one.

this is on phylosofical basis. then in regard of logical decision making: souls have information as my soul seems to be attached to certain things more (at least so far). so then the information describing this association rule must be contained somewhere (was thinking much earlier). Thus if someone is generous.. then wants all the sould to be fine by logic, or if some is selfish, wants to be souls be fine due to logic to avoid problems caused somehow by other information systems perhaps present in the other souls.
Post 20 May 2013, 18:43
matefkr

matefkr
the belief that there are separate things: humans perhaps animals and then just machines is erronous.. originates from dogmatic and repetition based teachings of childhood, and then this baseless belief might be reiterated on humans behavior in regard of for example simulated humans (a-la blue brain project and whatever similar).
Post 20 May 2013, 18:44
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 20:24; edited 1 time in total
Post 20 May 2013, 18:56
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
looking forward 2045,

Ray Kurzweil — Singularitarian Immortalist, Director of Engineering at Google, famous inventor, author of How to Create a Mind

Ray Kurzweil — Immortality by 2045
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f28LPwR8BdY

We'll be uploading our entire MINDS to computers by 2045 and our bodies will be replaced by machines within 90 years, Google expert claims
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2344398/Google-futurist-claims-uploading-entire-MINDS-computers-2045-bodies-replaced-machines-90-years.html
Post 24 Jun 2013, 01:11
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
looking forward 2045, ...

We'll be uploading our entire MINDS to computers by 2045 ...
Unfortunately, many of us will be dead by then, not to mention the prohibitively expensive charges! Sad Wink
Post 24 Jun 2013, 05:18
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
2045-2013=32

another 32 years, stay strong!
Post 24 Jun 2013, 06:21
matefkr

matefkr
u will reincarnate somewhere or nothingly ur soul might be eliminated (then it would be rather nothing).
Post 24 Jun 2013, 20:41
matefkr

matefkr
well. u ask what if we are genetically created to do so. i will only ask this question. then the creators are indeed dumb or ignorant to a great extent. but they would let me know if it is so.. bleh. i dont mind. do not bother about such things.
unimportant. see this is something like a habbit. other people have habbits. identify and describe the habbits as much as u can unless other people have little effect on u.
Post 24 Jun 2013, 20:45

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: