flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > The 10th Anniversary of this board!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
Time flies. 16 June, 2013 will mark the 10th anniversary of this board. Think of any special events to celebrate this? Rolling Eyes

I still remember that the board was hacked (by h3x?) around its 5th anniversary five years ago. Maybe we should invite him or her to do it again this year! Haha ....

"The 5th Anniversary" thread is still here:
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=74642#74642

Wink
Post 07 Apr 2013, 04:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hanjin

hanjin
Ohhh Yeahh!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Description:
Filesize: 30.69 KB
Viewed: 6792 Time(s)

1rv1.gif

Post 07 Apr 2013, 05:11
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
time fly so fast,
wonder how many more 10 years we could enjoy,
closing my eyes, staring at sky,

what da final destination for us, fasm, and everything,

happy birthday, =)
Post 07 Apr 2013, 10:56
tom tobias

tom tobias
sleepsleep asked about the final destination of FASM, and us.

The logical conclusion, that our solar system will ultimately be destroyed, returned to primordial matter, leads to another thought:

This process, galaxy creation and destruction, must have occurred previously, aeons earlier. If we knew, that our ultimate destruction was assured, how would we signal future galaxies, (with planets capable of supporting life), perhaps millions of years hence? How would we encode our discoveries, inventions, thoughts?

Then, if we can figure that out, (i.e. how and where previous civilizations stored this information, for future galaxies to discover) we can go and search for unique artifacts that could have been placed carefully in an "indestructible" vault, by civilizations millions of years ago, just as we today, muse over the ten year history of this FASM board.
Post 09 Apr 2013, 10:09
YONG

YONG
tom tobias wrote:
... if we can figure that out, (i.e. how and where previous civilizations stored this information, for future galaxies to discover) we can go and search for unique artifacts that could have been placed carefully in an "indestructible" vault, by civilizations millions of years ago ...
Maybe the beautiful patterns of fireworks could shed light to this puzzle. By carefully controlling the inter working (physical structure and chemistry), we can tailor-make various eye-catching effects.

So, our best chance is to seek the "encoded" information (left behind by civilizations in the previous cycle of the universe) from the resulting pattern of the biggest fireworks ever:

Best Map Ever Made of Universe's Oldest Light
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130321084221.htm

Wink
Post 09 Apr 2013, 11:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
"This process, galaxy creation and destruction, must have occurred previously".

If you mean exactly our Milky Way -- it's age is about the age of the Universe.
So, our Galaxy was created few billion years after Big Bang and accumulated its size
merging with smaller neighbouring Galaxies, like LMC, SMC, etc.
Post 09 Apr 2013, 13:47
hanjin

hanjin
Post 10 Apr 2013, 13:16
DOS386

DOS386
Post 10 Apr 2013, 13:44
YONG

YONG
DOS386 wrote:
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=2 OK 2003-Jun-16 Smile
How many of those forum members who participated in that antique thread are still active right now? Rolling Eyes Wink
Post 11 Apr 2013, 03:42
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
YONG wrote:
DOS386 wrote:
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=2 OK 2003-Jun-16 Smile
How many of those forum members who participated in that antique thread are still active right now? Rolling Eyes Wink
If you mean active here then I guess it is only one. But I would imagine some of those others would be active in other places.
Post 11 Apr 2013, 07:12
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
I would say Vortex is still active - as in asm programming.
http://www.vortex.masmcode.com/

Many people come to the board while in a early, volatile state of life. School, work, and family take them off in different directions. Or maybe they just become someone else - a new login - to this board, to life?

Some days it feels like lifetimes pass by - I can't believe it's only Thursday.

Post 11 Apr 2013, 08:16
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
sometime, i think, fasm is like some sort of great brotherhood,
idk if such brotherhood is possible in real world face to face, physical way, but in virtual environment like this, it got love, care, knowledge, and more

because, if not in such environment, we all will start to hate, dislike, one another,

i miss you all =) hopefully, one day, we order a long table, let all active members, sit together, drink beer, enjoy some great scenery,

hug some nice fine ladies, then we talk bout life =) hehehhee
Post 11 Apr 2013, 12:23
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
hopefully, one day, we order a long table, let all active members, sit together, drink beer, enjoy some great scenery, hug some nice fine ladies
If you are willing to pay for everything, I will definitely come! Haha .... Laughing Wink
Post 11 Apr 2013, 13:30
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
(...) drink beer, enjoy some great scenery (...)
Umm, no... thanks. One cup of tasty Chinese tea please...! Wink
Post 11 Apr 2013, 13:34
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
... hug some nice fine ladies ...
Indeed. We should all hug our mothers regularly.
Post 11 Apr 2013, 13:36
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

Indeed. We should all hug our mothers regularly.

asian people is kinda reserve in this, idk bout western culture, but, for an adult son to hug his mother, (there is no good/bad)

because the eastern culture is like sex is taboo, anything that lead to it is consider taboo too, body contact or etc, people group them into it,

people here hugging wife/gf but seldom their family members, be it mother, father, brother or sister, cousin,

for moslem, from what i see here, girls & girls kiss on cheek (frequent), hug (seldom) son hug mother (seldom and rare),

there are lots of weird idea in my mind actually,
once we ditch away the sex taboo, let say, you look at your mom vagina, and see, you are coming from there,

consider 2 soul, consciousness, being, a mother and a son,

the main connection is because we from their vagina,

if you could view both this from another perspective, that is only a mechanism,

no doubt, most parent will take care their children, but this relationship is nothing more than just a mechanism for you to exists in the first place.

it is not a who owe who concept, but she gain the experience giving birth, take care children, and we gain the existence.

if, let say, everybody naked in the public, like animal, suddenly, you will see another perspective about human there,

is the world ready for internal growth?

i know, i sound mad,
Post 12 Apr 2013, 15:06
hopcode

hopcode
sleepsleep wrote:
...no doubt, most parent will take care their children, but this relationship is nothing more than just a mechanism for you to exists in the first place.
it is not a who owe who concept, but she gain the experience giving birth, take care children, and we gain the existence.
if, let say, everybody naked in the public, like animal, suddenly, you will see another perspective about human there,
is the world ready for internal growth?
i know, i sound mad
no, indeed. you have hit it on the nail.
hugging one's own mother is only one expresssion of a social/mental mechanism. it is one expression of a working/not working relationship.

a mother at 25 understands her 5-years-old-son as a little kind. after 20 years the mother understands his son as a grown kind.
20 other years passed and the mother understands her son as an experienced kind. a mother is a mother, a kind is a kind.
this tell lot of things, mainly

1) about the herd behaviour. (keeping things that way gives psychical stability on both sides)
2) relationships are social and mental. they works as a psiychological measuring rod/constraints
3) they are the communication, in which rules are, to say,
33% DNA-transmitted,
33% socially laearned
33% built on one's own mental experience.

i dont know frankly whether the world is ready to grow (i hope it is).
i know all we have now, in our knowledge i mean, is enough to consider ourselves the human beings.
Cheers,
Very Happy

Post 12 Apr 2013, 17:36
MHajduk

MHajduk
From the comments posted above we can clearly see that the social norms are the main factor that leads to the misunderstandings between people from different cultures.

Before making a meeting we should learn to understand each other to avoid possible face-to-face conflicts. The knowledge about the history and language of the other side isn't enough, the most important thing is to know the customs of other nations. Learning a kind of diplomatic protocol would be a great idea IMO. Wink
Post 12 Apr 2013, 18:27
baldr

baldr
tom tobias wrote:
sleepsleep asked about the final destination of FASM, and us.

The logical conclusion, that our solar system will ultimately be destroyed...
And then rebuilt with fasm somewhere. Heh, with such a powerful tool we can rebuild entire Universe just before that final drink in the restaurant at the end of the Universe (yes, they serve tasty Chinese tea too!), yet it'll require Multiverse to hold preprocessor's output. Wink
Post 12 Apr 2013, 20:14
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
hopcode wrote:

i dont know frankly whether the world is ready to grow (i hope it is).

idk, it seems people have no fucking idea how to proceed,
9 to 5, drink beer, have sex, stress, money, more project, more fucking, more holiday, more gadgets, more etc,

but the soul/existence/consciousness hardly grow,

no even fucking idea how to proceed relationship, dating, couple, married, have sex, have kids, take care their children, stress with occupation, salary raise, position raise, pension fund, holiday,

no desire to define puzzle, finding clues, and solving that fucking life puzzle.

living in group, if only one person desire for inner growth and the surrounding didnt, the result is, they will drag this one person,

ah, why i rant so much, =)
Post 13 Apr 2013, 12:57

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: