flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > On the tracks of Janet Fenix.

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
Yesterday, when I was waiting for a bus I noticed two interesting art pieces scratched out on the walls of the bus stop and signed by a person named (or hiding under the pseudonym) Janet Fenix. The small pictures (around 5x10 cm) were made with some sharp tool by scratching those places that were painted black by some graffiti artist so the original, light background (FYI walls of the bus stop are made of sheets of corrugated iron) was uncovered creating interesting graphical effect. I took some photos with my phone camera and slightly corrected brightness and contrast to emphasize the pictures. I post also negatives of them that show some details hardly recognizable in the original images.

Smile
Post 16 Mar 2013, 19:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
comrade

comrade
Intredasting. At first I only saw the pictures and didn't read the post, thought it was about visions when the new Pope was elected. (You know, image of Jesus on a piece of toasted bread.)
Post 17 Mar 2013, 04:05
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
Wow! The (male) figure in the 1st picture has got a really huge and powerful lethal weapon! Laughing I guess one of the forum members would like to use this as a metaphor to show off his "big gun"! Wink
Post 17 Mar 2013, 06:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
comrade wrote:
Intredasting. At first I only saw the pictures and didn't read the post, thought it was about visions when the new Pope was elected. (You know, image of Jesus on a piece of toasted bread.)
Much more "intredasting" in this context is your attitude to another forumers and their posts. Wink

BTW, You should take note that not every Pole is a Catholic. That's schematism, my friend, in its pure, I'd say crystalline, form. Wink
Post 17 Mar 2013, 18:41
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Wow! The (male) figure in the 1st picture has got a really huge and powerful lethal weapon! Laughing I guess one of the forum members would like to use this as a metaphor to show off his "big gun"! Wink
Well, to me the figure in the 1st pair of pictures is of feminine genre and even is the same as the archer presented in the second pair. Wink The "lethal weapon" kept in hand is either a lightning shaped sword wet of blood or just a visible half of the arch depicted in the 2nd pair of pictures. But it is, of course, a matter of interpretation and discloses rather a state of mind of the spectator than painter. Razz
Post 17 Mar 2013, 18:49
MHajduk

MHajduk
Only two comments and both loosely related to the artistic aspects of the presented pictures. Seems that I can see beauty in things that are completely indifferent for others. Wink
Post 17 Mar 2013, 18:55
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i think he is peeing, and swing his stuff.

the 2nd picture should below the 1st picture, coz the eyes seems to be glancing upwards,

idk, if possible, a full picture to get overall idea.
Post 17 Mar 2013, 19:01
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
i think he is peeing, and swing his stuff.
Thank you, sleepsleep, for this brilliant comment that allowed me to see you from the proper perspective. Wink

sleepsleep wrote:
the 2nd picture should below the 1st picture, coz the eyes seems to be glancing upwards,

idk, if possible, a full picture to get overall idea.
No, the 1st picture was on the left side of the second one.
Post 17 Mar 2013, 19:31
shoorick

shoorick
very nice!
once in a house i saw the wall near stairs where old paint was exfoliated and reveal the underground as figures of quaint forms. it would be regular, but somebody had drawn to them eyes, mouthes etc. so they were looking like exotic animals - it was very inexpective and cool, pity i had no camera with me Cool later when i visited that home the wall was already painted with new paint Smile
Post 18 Mar 2013, 12:01
MHajduk

MHajduk
Yeah, my motivation was exactly to "immortalize" these pictures in a way because such kind of art exposed in public places is extremely volatile and may be unrecoverably destroyed in any time. Smile
Post 18 Mar 2013, 21:00
MHajduk

MHajduk
BTW, I have been thinking of the weapons hold by both characters. It seems that the archer holds a simplest and earliest type of bow: a straight bow. The weapon presented in the first picture is a bit mysterious because it has got an unusual, bent grip that looks like that used in handguns. But in fact this kind of grip may be found in Oriental dagger called "kris" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris that has got also a wavy, organic shaped blade (symbolizing a snake):

ImageImageImage
Post 18 Mar 2013, 21:29
Picnic

Picnic
I have two similar interesting cases to add, both cases covered by mystery about who is behind. In the first, an unknown artist paints the walls of Athens, see below some of his nice artistic graffiti.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

The other, a word. It started a couple of years ago, a man or a team of people, writes on the walls 'βασανίζομαι', which means something like 'i am torturing myself'. There are literally hundreds of those graffiti, everywhere. Probably related to the so called 'crisis', people talk about it, who's behind it, what it really means e.t.c. Whatever the reasons, is a cool urban mystery.

>>> βασανίζομαι
Post 25 Mar 2013, 16:44
MHajduk

MHajduk
Picnic wrote:
In the first, an unknown artist paints the walls of Athens, see below some of his nice artistic graffiti.
Those are greatly decorative murals, Picnic. I think that this kind of painting can make old and dirty walls (quite abundant in every city around the world) much easier to accept. Of course, it would be far better if we had our cities clean, bright and smelling like a flower garden but as long as it's only a dream it is better that we have such kind of art. Wink

BTW, since the graffiti is treated by some as a kind of devastation (and in most cases it is in fact) I think it would be wise to take into account the existence of such phenomenon already on the early stages of the house designing. It would be a sophisticated method of the building elevation protection by... covering it with professionally made murals. Maybe architects should just cooperate with graffiti painters? Razz
Post 25 Mar 2013, 17:56
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
I have wondered what it would take to accomplish such work without police interference. There appears to be multiple reasons for its creation. From neglect to cities that have been over-engineered and people try breath some life into it with these dynamic expressions.

18 months ago I admired this at a local coffee shop. Chalk has a wonderful temporary property.

Banksy is awesome and mysterious and funny.
Post 26 Mar 2013, 08:03
MHajduk

MHajduk
bitRAKE wrote:
18 months ago I admired this at a local coffee shop. Chalk has a wonderful temporary property.
Yes, this kind of art is utterly ephemeral because of the means of painting. Reminds me of mandalas made of colorful sand or huge street "carpets" made of flower petals also improbably eye-catching but impermanent. Smile
bitRAKE wrote:
Banksy is awesome and mysterious and funny.
Interesting, anonymity (combined with an outstanding talent, of course) helped him to become popular... Wink
Post 26 Mar 2013, 12:52
JohnFound

JohnFound
Post 26 Mar 2013, 13:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
JohnFound wrote:
What about this?
Hehe, this kind of image should be fixed with a transparent lacquer to preserve it for the next generations! Razz
Post 26 Mar 2013, 13:31
MHajduk

MHajduk
Painting with spray paint and fire gives a truly astonishing effect when you know how to use these tools properly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXRNEyrkosM

Smile
Post 30 Mar 2013, 17:30
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Wow, that is amazing.
Post 30 Mar 2013, 23:16

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: