flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > What do you think of this Obamas's quote?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Bob++

Bob++
Quote:

The President also said that he wants the internet to stay open for everyone and said that he and Mark Zuckerberg agree that kids should be learning programming:

I want to make sure they know how to actually produce stuff using computers, and not just consume stuff.

Just imagine.. if each(mean,a lot of) people make programming,is the end of softwares companies in the world? for me,it's really bad. Who will became a professional computer programmer, if everyone is one? forget get real money. Things in abundance,as you know,is not valorized. Sometimes,wrong.

just imagine if each people start to create coke madehome?
and hamburg madehome?
and cars madehome?
everything madehome?

and then each people thinks "buy? ridiculous! I can do it myself!"

no more needed Coca-Cola,Microsoft,Apple,Sun,McDonald,Ford companies etc.

share your opinion,please!

(sorry english,I use online translate in some cases)
Post 23 Feb 2013, 02:20
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
everybody can sing, but not everybody dare to roll out his / her own album,

i could understand how you view it as some sort of threat,

but the overall mentality, would increase if not decrease if more population are aware of programming, we dont know, but worth a try since the current system doesnt seems to solve problem.

but, does obama knows how to program?
Post 23 Feb 2013, 02:46
Spool

Spool
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by Spool on 17 Mar 2013, 10:40; edited 1 time in total
Post 23 Feb 2013, 03:01
sinsi

sinsi
Yay, more script kiddies.
Post 23 Feb 2013, 03:14
matefkr

matefkr
i agree too they should be learning programming the kids.. but comeon it is not egnough to just pick out of nowhere... there is other things to pay attention to.. sure they hsould be learning programming for goodness.. but yes.. also things are very important besides this.
Post 28 Feb 2013, 17:36
asmhack

asmhack
Kids should play outdoors, in the nature, not sitting in front of a screen.

Clever way they thought of, to enslave newer generation the dumb ass nigga with his jew buddy. Wonder how their kids grow..
Post 28 Feb 2013, 18:27
matefkr

matefkr
well. u need no more then 1-2 hours of running about or training.. even if you are a kid. perhaps 3 hours as a kid. 12 hours for sleep and rest . 2 hours eating 5-6 hours programming.. 1-2 hours cleaning the self or whatever.
And virtual goggles are kinda possible so no need to sit in front of screen.. and it is entirely unusefull to put camera into the pixels or screen otherwise (every retards knows this that flat screen can in theory easily look back at you).. u can have the virtual goggle.. whereas the eyepiece tracks eyes.. and the front part of eyepiece have camera wich is even better in my opinion then this retard kinda "solution" also cheaper because with all the handheld crap (small crap) u only swap rpcessors.. and the display stays the same (your virtual goggle) wich is helathier and way more comforting and overall more pleasurable sensation of visual stimuly.
also u could have the same with catoderaytube (perhaps at least...) the middle electronbeam thing projecting out of a hole in the middle of a camera..
Post 01 Mar 2013, 21:14
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
There is most likely a programming language for every type of person, and if their isn't then one will be developed. It is the algorithmic process that will be taught me thinks - software engineering, problem solving patterns. Also, group project development should be an educational goal.

If Obama knows how to program or not is irrelevant. As if one could not understand the merit of learning something without knowing it themselves.

We should be prepared for a massive influx of adolescent angst filled programmers of all levels of skill -- there will be problems to resolved by the more mature. There is no way to avoid this problem outright - just like virii will be around probably forever.
Post 02 Mar 2013, 03:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
matefkr

matefkr
programming language for evrey type of person.. hmmm nah i dont think so..
basicly.. u have a machine code and machine architecture.. u always have huge memories in more signficiant programs.. but mabe not a lot of arrays. But if you have a lot of separate storage spaces to manage.. then u might as well just write things in assembly.. as this is the only problem with assembly.. have to keep in mind a lot of things.. keeping mind internal architecture in more advanced programs wont cause any more trouble.. only that u would have to resolve problems.. but u would not have to but the compiler would have to. might as well just build up programs from basic abstract algorithms then (there is possibility for this). So then you have the machine language.. the expression-autocompiler language.. and these lego language of sorth when u use basic algorithms put togather.. of course most languages can use function calls (as most processors do support these by hardware).. so every language can be refited to a lego language.. but there is not necesserily a good kinda compiler for all the shit (well mabe function overload would do it fair enough.. ).

well the algorithmic process is summed up in 5 lines i think.. mabe more..
1)define the problem completely to some degree
2)gather relevatn infromation to solve the problem.
3)break down the problem into linear steps and paralell threads if necessery till you have the thing can run on a machine and in a software framework *sometimes (usually multiple things) a functionality can be achieved in varius ways usually trading data size for computational speed and visa versa.. in this cas calculate runtime and sheesh
4)test functionality. find bugs.. repeat from 3)

thats it.. about the method.. i forgot to mention use logical analyzis.

but algorithms are although usefull to know them.. the hardware also have a say in it what will work faster or slower.
Obama knowing how to program is irrelevant in this case indeed.. but also not necesserily irrelevant if He is a supreme leader. Because the supreme leader must have ability to check most of its subordinates to some degree.. so in a high number of subordinates.. it might necessitates machines to check things.. and these machines at least must be understood by the supreme leader to the finest details.. even if not designed by this one. Or have luck in not having corrupted individuals on the machine building relevance positions.

yeah.. indeed software industry have enourmous amount of cluttering and bloating and redundancy already. But one factor in it is the kind of porjects and the number of different types of projects necessitating programming skills. and such.
" just like virii will be around probably forever." only if "the system" of information processing wants so (os, hardware manufacturers and whatnot). if not viri can be eliminated easily.. then you only can have troyans.. open source troyans.
Post 02 Mar 2013, 10:55
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i think we got a serious issue nowadays,

programming nowadays is not about using logic to solve problem, (we probably got idea how to solve it) but we have trouble using those shitty syntax to get what we want,

more layers and more complexity

programming in 2013 is study the syntax, follow the syntax, interact with bizarre and weird more syntax.

moving away, far and far away from direct machine processing,

maybe you could think of a solution, but you have to chew the syntax first.
Post 02 Mar 2013, 11:12
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
Only moving away from the "direct machine processing" a developer can suddenly see
the solution. "direct machine processing" is good, but in business a developer
needs to make things work quickly (in weeks instead of years!). Impossible without reuse of previously written code.
Post 02 Mar 2013, 12:44
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i am 101% agree to reuse, recycle previously written code,
but introducing weird syntax in order to use that framework code is kinda ,

everything could be very simple, but why make all so complex?

function whatever(args) and return value,
function local and global variables,

these should solve most problems, i dont get it why everybody need to venture into c#, f#, .net, java, and more,

just to reuse the framework code?

note the issue is no longer learning how to think logically anymore, it is learning the syntax of those weird programming languages.

i take this windows azure code sample,

Code:
    public class WorkerRole : RoleEntryPoint 
    { 
        private CloudStorageAccount storageAccount; 

public WorkerRole() 
        { 
            // This code sets up a handler to update CloudStorageAccount instances when their corresponding 
            // configuration settings change in the service configuration file. 
            CloudStorageAccount.SetConfigurationSettingPublisher((configName, configSetter) => 
            { 
                // Provide the configSetter with the initial value 
                configSetter(RoleEnvironment.GetConfigurationSettingValue(configName)); 

RoleEnvironment.Changed += (sender, arg) => 
                { 
                    if (arg.Changes.OfType<RoleEnvironmentConfigurationSettingChange>() 
                        .Any((change) => (change.ConfigurationSettingName == configName))) 
                    { 
                        // The corresponding configuration setting has changed, propagate the value 
                        if (!configSetter(RoleEnvironment.GetConfigurationSettingValue(configName))) 
                        { 
                            // In this case, the change to the storage account credentials in the 
                            // service configuration is significant enough that the role needs to be 
                            // recycled in order to use the latest settings. (for example, the  
                            // endpoint has changed) 
                            RoleEnvironment.RequestRecycle(); 
                        } 
                    } 
                }; 
            }); 

this.storageAccount = CloudStorageAccount.FromConfigurationSetting("DataConnectionString"); 
        } 

is all these necessary?
Post 02 Mar 2013, 14:24
uart777

uart777
Not everyone can do programming, it takes natural ingenuity, time, dedication, creativity, technical skills, etc. A person must really want it more than anything else and be willing to pay the price.

In the future, programmers will be people who get paid to sit behind a desk and do nothing but know how... to buy programs. From my experience, abilities have absolutely nothing to do with success. It's all about being the best salesperson and convincing the employer that you're a great programmer without having to write a single line of code.

After 18+ years of programming, I have finally decided to show my programs and give some of them away for FREE to a world who judges strictly by presentation and advertisements and not by content/quality. Then I get accused of being prideful and a "show-off" when this is the first time I have ever shown my programs to anyone.

sleep: I like JavaScript's syntax better Smile Not anti-HL, but IMO, Z77 is a LL improvement of HLA/RosASM/C-- and C/C++ whereas Java/C# are immitations that repeat the same mistakes and eliminate the preprocessor. The real problem is, modern HL compilers do not support macros and customizations and there is no way to generate code for any CPU or OS. Having said this, there are great advantages in using Java.
Post 04 Mar 2013, 00:28

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: