flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > windows 8 is SHIT, touch screen users idiot.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
idk why people like touch screen,
idk why people prefer to spend more energy to control this gadget where there got easier and simpler way to perform the same,

i sold my first windows 8 lappy today (since i just came back from holiday), it is SHIT, the user interface is like SHIT,
the idea to get things done are SHIT,

it just a bloody coated START page into windows 7.

are they idiots?

they should fire all people who allowed such SHIT to get ship into this world.
Post 30 Nov 2012, 13:31
Coty

Coty
You should have installed pokki or another windows 8 start menu, these allow you to have the classic start menu back.

Windows 8 is nice, I wonder, did you not see that you can now pause file transfers? It also has two restore options now, refresh and reset. refresh lets you re-install windows without losing any personal data after a system crash. reset allows you start from scratch, for extreme cases.

And believe it or not, windows 8 is also less bloat compared to windows 7. because the same OS was intended to run on smart phones with less power and memory, you might find windows 8 does not consume quite as much RAM and CPU when at idle of preforming tasks. Because of this, you will also find your battery lasting longer.
Post 30 Nov 2012, 14:13
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
The problem is the compromise. If it is for phones then it should be customised for phones only. If it is for laptops then it should be customised for laptops only. You shouldn't combine the two into one system because then you get bad compromises that make one thing, or another thing, work in strange ways. A laptop with a touch screen is a silly idea IMO. Too much arm movement will make your arm ache. A phone with a start menu is also silly, it just doesn't fit the usage model.
Post 30 Nov 2012, 14:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TmX

TmX
revolution wrote:
Too much arm movement will make your arm ache. A phone with a start menu is also silly, it just doesn't fit the usage model.

+1
That's why I'm not that excited to install Win 8 on my laptop.
But on the other hand, I'd like to see it on tablet, or phone.

Wink
Post 30 Nov 2012, 15:34
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Coty wrote:
You should have installed pokki or another windows 8 start menu, these allow you to have the classic start menu back.

Windows 8 is nice, I wonder, did you not see that you can now pause file transfers? It also has two restore options now, refresh and reset. refresh lets you re-install windows without losing any personal data after a system crash. reset allows you start from scratch, for extreme cases.

And believe it or not, windows 8 is also less bloat compared to windows 7. because the same OS was intended to run on smart phones with less power and memory, you might find windows 8 does not consume quite as much RAM and CPU when at idle of preforming tasks. Because of this, you will also find your battery lasting longer.

yes, i notice the pause file transfer, it is nice,
it is less bloat, maybe no, applications are sluggish under 4GB, or they need 8GB to have it smooth? (animation & etc is all tick off already)

CPU at idle, low usage,
yes, notice about this too.

there are new ideas inside it, but the whole picture is, a big shit.
idk if they consume too less RAM and CPU and as a result, application are sluggish.

to open the hidden right panel using laptop touchpad is kinda problem, maybe due to "brand lappy" worse and poor touchpad sensitivity.

the things that we expect is there, is not there anymore, and we need to perform more touch and point to get that thing.

it totally doesn't make sense why end users need to suffer this kinda of shitty product, and XP is very much better and easy to use compare to this thing.

of course, people curse XP last time when it is out, but between two shit, XP is better shit. 7 is better shit, vista is total shit somehow, and 8 belong to total shit also.
Post 30 Nov 2012, 17:11
JohnFound

JohnFound
I use WinXP stripped down with nLite (with classic theme only, without IE and .net) on a net book with 1Gb RAM. And it runs like a Ferrari! Really!
Maybe you can make this trick with Win7 and Win8.
Post 30 Nov 2012, 18:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Coty

Coty
windows 8 applications suck they are built with JavaScript! Of course you can still use legacy windows apps on the x86/64 version, when doing this it is faster than 7...
Post 01 Dec 2012, 07:09
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
JohnFound wrote:
I use WinXP stripped down with nLite (with classic theme only, without IE and .net) on a net book with 1Gb RAM. And it runs like a Ferrari! Really!
Maybe you can make this trick with Win7 and Win8.

true, i use nlite too with xp post sp3 update pack.
Post 01 Dec 2012, 07:28
asmhack

asmhack
i'll stay on 7

Last edited by asmhack on 12 Dec 2012, 23:07; edited 1 time in total
Post 02 Dec 2012, 18:43
edfed

edfed
asmhack wrote:
Win8 fixed video hardware acceleration issue with my gpu Razz
No more need to install audio drivers for my audigy,
no more daemon tools and no more start button !

win8 > win7 (although there should be a tablet/desktop checkbox before the setup in 8..)

ps: and finally msvc libs installed by default

i think it is not a fix... but just a planned bug in 7 to force the upgrade to 8...
8 is really a pure crap, and gpu bugs are not really corrected if i believe the polygon rendering in starcraft 2
Post 02 Dec 2012, 23:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
There's a lot of things to dislike about Win8, but it's mostly political stuff (aspects about the marketplace, the slippery-slope of Secure Boot).

As for the OS? I need more time to tell. I installed it on my work laptop friday, since it was too much bother figuring out where I'd get the company win7 enterprise. There's a lot of good things about small semi-anarchistic companies, but not having a structured fileserver and having some scattered per-developer MSDN accounts? Not so much. So I ended up with Win8.

So far, there's a lot of things I like. I find the UI a lot more pleasing than any of win2k, XP, Vista/Win7. It seems snappier than Win7 as well, both things like booting and standby/standby-resume, but also some video aspects. The winkey start screen is a lot nicer than the start-menu and vista/win7 start-menu-replacement, but I'll be using FARR or Launchy anyway. The desktop/metro switching can be a bit schizophrenic, but it doesn't happen all that much - the place where I've mostly seen it so far is the wifi network selector... it's a bit weird getting a metro-looking sidebar in desktop mode, but it's more aesthetically pleasing than the Win7 network picker, and there's a lot more information at hand... so a net win.

While sticking with Win7 at home (no reason to upgrade), I'll be using it as my primary work machine for at least a month (like when I did my Vista Immersion experiment) before drawing conclusions. I'm skeptical, especially from having played around with the RC for an hour, but there does seem to be a lot of nice things as well.

Oneliner: change can be confusing, but isn't bad if it's for the better.
Post 03 Dec 2012, 00:46
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
(from slashdot)
Windows 8: The Animated Evaluation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTYet-qf1jo
Post 21 Dec 2012, 11:33
KevinN

KevinN
Use classicshell or something
Post 21 Dec 2012, 12:28
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I've not yet seen or used W8. Perhaps I should hope to never have to endure it?

Windows 8 — Disappointing Usability for Both Novice and Power Users
Post 21 Dec 2012, 14:06
sinsi

sinsi
Been using win8pro for a few weeks now, not much difference to win7.
I have one 'tile' which is desktop. Click that and hardly ever leave the normal desktop.
All my games work, masm/fasm programming is no problem.
Boot time from POST is ~4 seconds from SSD.

I actually like the 'metro' screen when I use it, it's just a big start menu.
Good to see all apps at once instead of drilling down through the start menu.

If I didn't have to buy it for my job (field tech) it probably would have been a bit longer before I paid for it, but if it's preinstalled on a new computer then BFD.
Post 28 Dec 2012, 04:54
typedef

typedef
Failing to adjust I see.
Windows 1 is still available
Post 28 Dec 2012, 12:46
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Windows 8 Even Less Popular Than Vista
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/13/01/01/0036253/windows-8-even-less-popular-than-vista

would windows continue to exists in 2050?

we just need one successful ARM based OS to beat windows out of market.

should be coded using FasmArm & Fasm
Post 01 Jan 2013, 16:05
KevinN

KevinN
rewrite linux in fasm, optimize modules etc.. help finish wayland/weston window server.. there ya go
Post 01 Jan 2013, 17:18
KevinN

KevinN
i have windows 8 and OSX mountain lion running on this new custom-built. OSX is nice. I leave windows feeling unnerved. In any case, there are always ways to customize the UI and workflow.
Post 01 Jan 2013, 17:20
farrier

farrier
KevinN wrote:
i have windows 8 and OSX mountain lion running on this new custom-built. OSX is nice. I leave windows feeling unnerved. In any case, there are always ways to customize the UI and workflow.

KevinN,

How did you build/have built the "Hackintosh"? Did you follow a set of plans? Any suggestions would be helpful!

farrier

... the right of the people peaceably to assemble, ...
The code is dark, and full of errors!
Post 01 Jan 2013, 21:49

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: