flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > i need to buy a notebook _ help

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
JohnFound

JohnFound
Usually the laptops have a backup partition on its HDD and some tool that can restore the computer to the factory state. So, you can always rollback.
Post 27 Nov 2012, 16:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
uart777

uart777
How to get electronics (PCs/phones/tablets) for FREE: Find it for 1/2 price (example: refurbished). Buy 2 online, sell 1 locally, get 1 FREE. Recently bought an Android phone for $12 ($7+$5 SH) on E-Bay then sold it locally for $85, 7+ times what I paid for it. $73 profit.

(Of course, there's a chance of receiving a defected product. To minimize this, only buy from trusted sellers who accept returns).
Post 27 Nov 2012, 16:54
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
OzzY wrote:
Ok. I bought my new laptop.

I have a question:

Does installing Linux on a laptop that comes with Windows make me lose the warranty?

so, what is the specification of your new lappy, i guess all of us who participated in this thread are so curious to know Laughing

any warranty claim (hang, audio scream, video jumping, no network, wifi strength low, hard disk, board, dead pixels, screen and etc) must be in default operating system.

the "problem/defect" must be prove using provided default OS, unless defect is visible without OS, eg, cannot on.

that is afaik, since i am doing selling laptop business here in my country.
Post 27 Nov 2012, 20:18
OzzY

OzzY
Hi!
My new laptop is here! Smile

I have a question: Should I use the notebook with batteries plugged or unplugged when the notebook is connected on a normal power source?

Thanks
Post 13 Dec 2012, 11:24
JohnFound

JohnFound
Yes
Post 13 Dec 2012, 11:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Ozzy: I would suggest that you leave the batteries installed and let the internal charger take care of the battery management.
Post 13 Dec 2012, 11:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OzzY

OzzY
Should I remove the battery after I stop using the notebook (to put it into the backpack)?

Which one is the right thing to do? Remove and store it or leave it in the notebook and store it in the backpack?
Post 18 Dec 2012, 23:30
edfed

edfed
always let the battery, just in case of power outage... Smile
Post 18 Dec 2012, 23:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
OzzY wrote:
Should I remove the battery after I stop using the notebook (to put it into the backpack)?

Which one is the right thing to do? Remove and store it or leave it in the notebook and store it in the backpack?

Older batteries were sensitive to remembering where the charge was, so usually you'd want to fully discharge them before recharge. Also, it has been suggested not to 100% all the time plug in the laptop and use it with battery installed. And if you don't use the laptop for a month (or similar long time), then you should definitely remove the battery (to prevent leaks?).

If you're really curious, read the docs and see what type (NiCad or whatever) and look it up online. I don't think you should need (or want) to remove the battery very much, if at all. Newer batteries are "usually" much better about this than older ones, so there's really no reason to worry yourself.

Anyways, it doesn't majorly matter, batteries don't last more than two or three years anyways (though I wouldn't recommend buying a replacement this far in advance either).

Just my 2c (corrections welcome) ....
Post 19 Dec 2012, 20:29
edfed

edfed
and nowadays, batteries are cheap. 70$ is not that much i believe for a 1000$+ laptop
Post 19 Dec 2012, 23:26

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: