flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Videos of My Programs

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
uart777

uart777
Previews of some applications and games I've made in C/ASM: Image Viewer, Video Poker, SpaceBrush, IVec Editor, WiseBit Color Calculator, Mini Map Editor and some old games I made in the 90s (ages 17-23) like Real Fight, DrugLordz and ASS-Teroids (funniest game ever!).

Now that I'm older (35), I'm interested in serious subjects: Visual utilities, art software, custom controls and interfaces (using only CPU, no OS-specifics), developing syntaxes, universal ASM, machine code generation for various CPUs (X86, ARM, Java), compiler creation (have 2 toy compilers and a micro assembler).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpLKyxS1tMo&feature=plcp

Ultimate HL Features (100+ useful macros): http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=149969

My Art: http://ua77.zxq.net/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/uart777

Last edited by uart777 on 22 Nov 2012, 14:57; edited 1 time in total
Post 22 Nov 2012, 08:24
uart777

uart777
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by uart777 on 22 Nov 2012, 14:44; edited 1 time in total
Post 22 Nov 2012, 08:46
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
uart777 wrote:
Noticed my "Free Icons" was deleted. F U revolution Razz You're NOTHING compared to me, fool. You'll NEVER have 1% of the talent that I do. All your "features" macro does is disable features. My universal opcode macro generates code for ANY CPU. Please respond and not just delete my post.
I never touched it. Indeed it is still here:

https://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=14775
Post 22 Nov 2012, 09:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
uart777, I'll move this thread to Heap. Although I understand that some (or all?) of the games featured in the video may have been written in Assembly, this thread talks mostly about you and provides no discussion suitable for Main (which is used for general Assembly topics using fasm), nor assembly code.

Not sure what happened with your "Free Icons" thread, since it is still there, perhaps you initially posted it in the wrong section and then was moved by a (other than me) moderator to Heap?
Post 22 Nov 2012, 14:40
uart777

uart777
Just awoke. I remember creating this video last night but I do NOT remember posting this. Drinking, taking pills.

LocoDelAssembly: Yes, it should be here, IF anywhere, and not in the main section. Image Editor and Video Poker were written in ASM. SpaceBrush will be converted soon. Regardless, if no source code is provided, what use is it to other programmers?

I'm leaving the FASM forum and going to embedded systems where I belong.

Last edited by uart777 on 22 Nov 2012, 15:41; edited 1 time in total
Post 22 Nov 2012, 14:55
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i think the showcase video of your accomplishment is great!
Post 22 Nov 2012, 14:56
uart777

uart777
Thanks, sleep. It's not my intention to offend anyone, but it seems inevitable that we cause others pain Neutral We experience whatever joy/pain we cause. You can see this as a personal punishment/reward but I see it as a natural function of the Universe or the outcome of our choices.

revolution: I have NO personal problem with you or anyone else. We should create a post about universal ASM and generating machine code for various CPUs. Hope my HL macros were useful in some way.

Here's an old version of my universal opcode macro. It can convert any instruction if you know how to use it.

Code:
macro _opcode_ [p] {
forward
define ?s 0
match =0 o+r, ?s p \{   ; +r, +cccn
 let eax=o, eax+r
 _opcode eax
 define ?s 1
\}
match =0 a:b:c, ?s p \{ ; mm:rrr:mmm, ss:iii:bbb
 _mode a, b, c
 define ?s 1
\}
match =0 a==b, ?s p \{
if b=8                  ; 8/16/32BIT immediate
  _byte a
else if b=16
  _i16 a
else if b=32
  _number a
else if b='a'           ; memory address/reference
  _address a
else
  _offset a, b          ; calculate relative offset
  if b=1
    _byte eax           ; 1 byte displacement
  else
    _number eax         ; 4 byte displacement
  end if
end if
define ?s 1
\}
if ?s eq 0              ; else, just opcode
  if p eqtype 0
    _opcode p
  end if
end if
}

macro _opcode_xr o, x, r     { _opcode_ o, 11b:x:r }
macro _opcode_rr o, x, r     { _opcode_xr o, r, x }
macro _opcode_2xr x, y, a, b { _opcode_ x, y, 11b:a:b }
macro _opcode_2rr x, y, b, a { _opcode_2xr x, y, b, a }
macro _opcode_2rm x, y, r, m { _opcode_ x, y, 0:r:101b, m='a' }
macro _opcode_ri o, r, i, n  { _opcode_ o, 11b:r:r, i=n }
macro _opcode_xm o, x, m     { _opcode_ o, 0:x:101b, m='a' }
macro _opcode_rm o, r, m     { _opcode_xm o, r, m }

macro _opcode_xmi o, x, m, i, n
{ _opcode_ o, 0:x:101b, m='a', i=n }

And here's how to define 104 X86 instructions:

Code:
macro _basic_x86 o, c {
?x=c shr 3 and 111b
macro _#o#_al_i8 i      \{ _opcode_ c+4, i=8 \}
macro _#o#_r8_r8 r, s   \{ _opcode_rr c, r, s \}
macro _#o#_r8_m8 r, m   \{ _opcode_rm c+2, r, m \}
macro _#o#_r8_i8 r, i   \{ _opcode_ 80h, 11b:?x:r, i=8 \}
macro _#o#_m8_r8 m, r   \{ _opcode_ c, 0:r:101b, m='a' \}
macro _#o#_m8_i8 m, i   \{ _opcode_ 80h, 0:?x:101b, m='a', i=8 \}
macro _#o#_eax_i32 i    \{ _opcode_ c+5, i=32 \}
macro _#o#_r32_r32 r, s \{ _opcode_rr c+1, r, s \}
macro _#o#_r32_m32 r, m \{ _opcode_rm c+3, r, m \}
macro _#o#_r32_i8 r, i  \{ _opcode_ 83h, 11b:?x:r, i=8 \}
macro _#o#_r32_i32 r, i \{ _opcode_ 81h, 11b:?x:r, i=32 \}
macro _#o#_m32_r32 m, r \{ _opcode_ c+1, 0:r:101b, m='a' \}
macro _#o#_m32_i32 m, i \{ _opcode_ 81h, 0:?x:101b, m='a', i=32 \}
}

; defines 104 (8*13) instructions...

_basic_x86 add, 00h
_basic_x86 or,  08h
_basic_x86 adc, 10h
_basic_x86 sbb, 18h
_basic_x86 and, 20h
_basic_x86 sub, 28h
_basic_x86 xor, 30h
_basic_x86 cmp, 38h

Post 22 Nov 2012, 15:13
uart777

uart777
LocoDelAssembly: "this thread talks mostly about you" - Not seeking personal attention like everyone thinks. Only trying to bring attention to good code that is not being recognized. I put my code in the spotlight, NOT myself. You guys have so many misconceptions about me. I could never respond to them all.
Post 22 Nov 2012, 16:36
malpolud

malpolud
uart777 wrote:
Noticed my "Free Icons" was deleted. F U revolution Razz You're NOTHING compared to me, fool. You'll NEVER have 1% of the talent that I do. All your "features" macro does is disable features. My universal opcode macro generates code for ANY CPU. Please respond and not just delete my post.

That is not very kind of you saying things like that. Actually it is a bit hypocritical saying how bad, doped and stupid people in your neighborhood are and later on doing drugs, and insulting other people. Does the good way of living consists of bringing other people down, in your opinion?
Post 22 Nov 2012, 17:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
uart777 wrote:
I'm leaving the FASM forum and going to embedded systems where I belong.
The psychiatric ward, you mean?

Post 22 Nov 2012, 20:17
uart777

uart777
malpolud: You're judging things you don't understand. I only said this to revolution who looks down upon me and thinks of himself as superior. To everyone else, I bring them up, help and teach them. "doing drugs": Not by choice, legal prescriptions required by government and they check my system to ensure that I'm doing their drugs. In my opinion, alcohol is the most dangerous "drug". Please look up the definition of the word "drug". World's most popular "drug" is coffee. "Hypocrisy"? How could you recognize this if it was not self-evident? You cannot perceive a problem that you don't have within yourself.

f0dder: Thanks for the compliment Smile Einstein was considered "crazy". I've been in mental institutions. When I show them my creations - art, drawings, paintings, airbrushing, murals, sculptures, inventions, product designs (resin prototypes, etc), games, software, etc - their response is this: "You're crazy".
Post 23 Nov 2012, 02:37
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
uart777 wrote:

f0dder: Thanks for the compliment Smile Einstein was considered "crazy". I've been in mental institutions. When I show them my creations - art, drawings, paintings, airbrushing, murals, sculptures, inventions, product designs (resin prototypes, etc), games, software, etc - their response is this: "You're crazy".

Laughing

well, afaik, revolution is a very nice and helpful guy on fasm board, (i been here since 2004 as documented, in fact it is more earlier than this since i forgot what nick i use)

uart777, maybe you just need to stick more longer on fasm board to know them more, they are nice people!
Post 23 Nov 2012, 03:14
uart777

uart777
sleep: I'm sure revolution is a good guy. We just don't know each other.

I've been here since the forum was created and was using ASM before FASM was released in 1999-2000. At the time, I was studying the old Intel manuals on machine code and I made a little graphics compiler that generated 16BIT .COM files in mode 13h Smile Me and Tomasz have a similar story.

At the end of my video, you'll see a preview of me. I'm a nice person, not much different than the guys in the FASMCON videos. All "crazy" means is this: "You're a multi-talented person and I don't understand it".
Post 23 Nov 2012, 04:17
malpolud

malpolud
For what I see, I just can tell you that you hate to be criticized and you have no humility in yourself therefore you can not take revo's words in the positive way.

Post 23 Nov 2012, 07:51
Coty

Coty
Quote:
Please look up the definition of the word "drug". World's most popular "drug" is coffee. "Hypocrisy"? How could you recognize this if it was not self-evident? You cannot perceive a problem that you don't have within yourself.

Their are 3 kinds of drugs.

Coffee and Marijuana is made by God as a gift to us. pills are made by foolish people whom have been tricked by the devil to play God. Cocaine and tobacco is made by Satin, you slowly trade your life for a little pleasure and mental focus. Wink
Post 23 Nov 2012, 15:02
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: