flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > teleported quantum information 150 meters away

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
maybe you already aware of this breakthrough!

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/507531/first-teleportation-from-one-macroscopic-object-to-another/

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-11/researchers-achieve-quantum-between-two-macroscopic-objects-first-time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation

Quote:
This is achieved through the strange quantum phenomenon of entanglement, which allows two quantum objects to share the same quantum state such that if you influence one particle you also influence the other, whether they are separated by nanometers or light-years.

are these information transfer/travel through space?
weird.
Post 19 Nov 2012, 17:27
matefkr

matefkr
I dont know. Have to make a framework (such as microstate, to have it all verifiable, with all the components in the framework) for verification of such principle being existent. I couldnt find logical reason yet to proov that such form of communication must exist on larger distances (the short distance communication is entanglement, because the interacting thigns just interact without further information carrier).
Post 20 Nov 2012, 06:34
malpolud

malpolud
sleepsleep wrote:

Quote:
This is achieved through the strange quantum phenomenon of entanglement, which allows two quantum objects to share the same quantum state such that if you influence one particle you also influence the other, whether they are separated by nanometers or light-years.

Now I know how the strange connection between people works! I mean when you happen to think about somebody and he/she calls right after a second, and so on.

Post 20 Nov 2012, 07:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Enko

Enko
Quote:
Now I know how the strange connection between people works! I mean when you happen to think about somebody and he/she calls right after a second, and so on.

The human tends to remember the positive lucky stuff.
If you think about someone and he/she calls right after, probably you will remember because it's a huge coincidence.
While if you think about someone, and he/she don't call, probably you will forget about it right away.
Post 21 Nov 2012, 15:25
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

is this something like what they called, bi-location?

one thing could exists in 2 different places at the same time?
Post 21 Nov 2012, 20:29
malpolud

malpolud
Enko wrote:
The human tends to remember the positive lucky stuff.
If you think about someone and he/she calls right after, probably you will remember because it's a huge coincidence.
While if you think about someone, and he/she don't call, probably you will forget about it right away.

I will not try to convince you. If you are skeptical, you won't believe anyway. It happens to me all the time, with people I have special emotional connection.

Our mind is much more powerful than most people notice. IMHO it is just civilization killing perception of how deep the world is.

Post 21 Nov 2012, 20:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
Quote:

is this something like what they called, bi-location?

one thing could exists in 2 different places at the same time?
If our 4-dimensional world ("width", "height", "depth" and "time") is "folded" in something of a higher dimension (like a 2D surface in a 3D space) then the paradox of a thing being in two different places at the same time may be explained as a projection something more-dimensional onto our 4D "surface".
Post 21 Nov 2012, 21:02
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i hardly understand how time could be a dimension,
how time exists by itself?

there are just too much things i couldn't figure out Sad

1d, 2d, 3d, 4d, 5d and more d,,,,
then we got fabric of time, then we got space-time

Sad
Post 22 Nov 2012, 04:51
asmhack

asmhack
sleepsleep wrote:
i hardly understand how time could be a dimension,
how time exists by itself?

there are just too much things i couldn't figure out Sad

1d, 2d, 3d, 4d, 5d and more d,,,,
then we got fabric of time, then we got space-time

Sad

Imagine a 2D world, all 3D objects in it will be seen 2D.
The same happens with time, we only live the present.. but past and future already exist, somewhere! xD
Post 22 Nov 2012, 09:38
malpolud

malpolud
It is just an assumption that time is a dimension. You can travel in all dimensions except time, cause it is our predictor (independent variable). On a 2d plot time would be our horizontal axis and it would be an independent variable - you cant go back in time, or speed it up - you can just assign certain values of some variable to certain moments of time, everything depends on time.

Now imagine a function that depends not only on time, but also on another variable - for example voltage z = f(x,y) [in our case z = f(t,u) ]. You can draw a plot of this function in 3 dimensions, but you can not do that in two. Creatures that live in a 2d space can not draw the 3d plot in their space, but this does not mean such functions do not exist in their world.

We can not draw 4d functions in our world - but such functions are not so unusual as one could think. A function that takes complex numbers as arguments and returns complex numbers as values is an example. (Keywords for further researches: control engineering, transfer function, Laplace transform)

asmhack wrote:
past and future already exist, somewhere!

True and deep statement. I believe that makes the future alterable if we properly use our powerful minds, that can not see and understand more than 4d.

Post 22 Nov 2012, 09:55
typedef

typedef
Some things are just better left alone. Some of these things will make you insane or who knows what lies on the other side. Smile
Post 02 Dec 2012, 16:31

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: