flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > hypotetical "free energy" power.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i was thinking puting the something like river water generator at where the water goes out to 1lt tank, those kind that collect water in their own small buckets and rotate.

idu what kind of friction that able to stop the water from falling down due to gravity?

is it either the water fall down coz of gravity, or the sucking input part must be stucked with something,

i havent got my tube / pipe, huhu
Post 26 Mar 2013, 15:30
alessandro95

alessandro95
I don't remember a lot of physics, even if I studied this stuffs a couple of years ago, anyway if you take a 2 meters tall tube (closed at one end), fill it with mercury and turn it upside-down some mercury will stay into the pipe despite gravity, because this is counterbalanced by friction (a little) and by external atmospheric pressure (~101025Pa). And this is where revolution's 10 meters limit comes from.

Below 10 meters I don't know exactly what'll happen but I think it should reach a stable state, friction and atmosphere are still there!
(and someone should have thought it before!)

Of course I may be wrong, especially on the first part, I wasn't that brilliant physics student...
Post 27 Mar 2013, 01:54
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
hi, thanks for the reply,

the thing i dont quite get it regarding the friction is,

if there are more water (heavy) to go down coz of gravity pull in the right side, it would solves the friction problem in order to lift the water up from 1l tank.

i still dont get it how it wouldnt works...
Post 27 Mar 2013, 03:55
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Well if you have the exit point lower than the entry point then it does work, it is called a syphon. But it only works until the source tank is empty. The energy supply for a basic syphon is the height difference. You lift the water up to a higher point giving it potential energy and then let the water flow to a lower point releasing the potential energy.

If you were to try and feed the same water back into the source tank then you have a closed loop and gravity pulls equally on both sides of the pipe cancelling itself out. So now you are left with no energy source and the water cannot flow by itself, it needs some help.
Post 27 Mar 2013, 05:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
yeah, siphon, but it seems even the out tube is higher than the in tube as long as lower than the in tube water level, it will still output water, (i just tested this) i bought a 11 meter tube already =)

if the tube diameter growing larger from 1 inch to another 1.1 inch, then 1.2 inch along the tube, i think the result will be impressive.

i havent tested my above thought experiment, need to think more and find how to connect the tube to a sealed bigger bottle.

if in tube diameter is smaller than out tube diameter, what would the result be?
Post 27 Mar 2013, 12:03
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i know, probably what i said is very stupid, but i am learning, i am curious and i want to know how, why,

you guys know more than me, please tell me, what would happened if we use siphon with such tube in picture.

Description:
Filesize: 31.71 KB
Viewed: 7885 Time(s)

newtube.png

Post 28 Mar 2013, 12:20
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
i know, probably what i said is very stupid, but i am learning, i am curious and i want to know how, why,

you guys know more than me, please tell me, what would happened if we use siphon with such tube in picture.
sleepsleep, could you tell me what kind of graphical editor have you used to draw all these pictures?
Post 28 Mar 2013, 12:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
... please tell me, what would happened if we use siphon with such tube in picture.
Nothing particularly special will happen. As long as the exit point is lower than the source tank water level (and, of course, the tube height is less than 10 metres) then the water will continue to flow until the tank is empty or you raise the exit point above the source water level.

The basic law of conservation of energy tells us that no amount of tweaking diameters or twiddling with various settings will ever give us free energy.
Post 28 Mar 2013, 13:03
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
using inkscape, vector graphic, like corel draw, =) but free!

revolution,
it is not free energy, it is gravity energy conversion,
because what i see now is the pull down contained more water than to pull up,

i still dont get it, btw, u know where i could get such tube?
Post 28 Mar 2013, 14:03
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
using inkscape, vector graphic, like corel draw, =) but free!
Thanks, I'll definitely try it! Wink
Post 28 Mar 2013, 16:12
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
I already mentioned that the height difference is the energy source for a siphon. But don't think of that as "gravity energy conversion". It is just moving the water from a higher position to a lower position. The Earth's gravity is not depleted in any way so you are not getting energy from gravity. Gravity is just the medium of exchange.

Anyhow, you don't have to believe me. Just go out and try it for yourself. The learning experience will be fun.
Post 28 Mar 2013, 21:59
uart777

uart777
Yeah, lower the exit point and it will siphon fluid from the reservoir (which can be a glass carboy if you're interested in wine-making Smile).
Post 29 Mar 2013, 08:15
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
I already mentioned that the height difference is the energy source for a siphon. But don't think of that as "gravity energy conversion". It is just moving the water from a higher position to a lower position. The Earth's gravity is not depleted in any way so you are not getting energy from gravity. Gravity is just the medium of exchange.

Anyhow, you don't have to believe me. Just go out and try it for yourself. The learning experience will be fun.

i believe you, but i just curious maybe there is kinda set up that able to create some miracle. Laughing

then what would happened in setup like below? where the output tube diameter is larger than input diameter, position output higher than input,

Description:
Filesize: 28.24 KB
Viewed: 7820 Time(s)

so.png

Post 29 Mar 2013, 12:37
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
... i just curious maybe there is kinda set up that able to create some miracle.
I hope you can find it because it will solve a lot of problems (and perhaps create a few also).
sleepsleep wrote:
then what would happened in setup like below? where the output tube diameter is larger than input diameter, position output higher than input,
My guess is: Nothing interesting will happen. I expect the water on the right side of the tube will just fall out, and then the water on the left side will flow back into the tank. One thing is for sure, it certainly won't be a siphon.
Post 29 Mar 2013, 13:36
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Post 20 May 2013, 02:04
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
There is no video of this system producing any work.
Post 20 May 2013, 19:13
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
woke up, see tepco japan news,
then thought about this buble push water electric generator

the idea is to use let air bubble release from B to A then up to C, then cause the rotation of generator since the bubble want to go up above sea,

pressure to release the bubble is one problem,
but i think we could solve it by using rotatable plate A and B that cancel out each other holes,

eg, A is sealed, then B open hole, air comes in,
sealed B, then open A,

silly me..

Description:
Filesize: 14.67 KB
Viewed: 7478 Time(s)

deep water buble power.png

Post 06 Aug 2013, 04:43
matefkr

matefkr
well. the original intent of this topic was to discuss what the hypotetical free energy source would be used for. instead now things concentrate on some sort of energy sources.
just saying.
Post 06 Aug 2013, 06:45
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
great news,
better method to convert matters into electricity,

Segway Inventor Dean Kamen Thinks His New Stirling Engine Will Get You Off The Grid For Under $10K

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2014/07/02/dean-kamen-thinks-his-new-stirling-engine-could-power-the-world/

Quote:

But the 10 kw models are just the beginning. It won’t be long before Kamen has a smaller version ready for commercialization. He’s already been running a 2.5 kw Beacon at his New Hampshire home for four years.
Post 03 Jul 2014, 16:56
Dr F

Dr F
oh boy.

i sum it up... the root of my feeligns

1) plenty of provisions and i am not the most stupid (although i believe all shall get needs satisfied)... yet my life is horrible

2) a person doesnt get to prove shit to others before others prove everything necssery to a person for a smart person say He or She cannot know wether others to whom one would prove had to prove earlier or they are just low quality scum (later is hte case)

3) why is it a good idea if new science is made? i wanna use simple basic science and enjoy it myself now.. i want a weapon.. a huge cannon, and i want to targetshoot with it.. it is simple explosives and such.. yet i cant do..

then i want a machine give me a machine wich makes gardening for me on my land automatically.. then i want als house equiped with security protecting me from radio wave attacks for instance or simple inventions to protect from chemical gas attacks or the like.

AND MOTHERFUCKING HELL THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT what the free energy would be used for.. free energy meens one times tanked.. and drilling through earth for eternity for instance.. or converting matter.. finding analyzing matter if there is a matter analized to cnotain material for free enrgy machine of whatever sort then new such machiens are built... and this can cycle on and on... possibly..

i am just wanting to make u see.. also that who would use this energy for what.. just to see this is bullshit.

PLEASE DO RENAME THE TOPIC TO Scientists are stupid.

Post 04 Jul 2014, 07:27

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: