flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > hypotetical "free energy" power.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
this probably sound stupid, but i think it would works somehow.

first, we put a dynamo at the location great sucking power, so when the water get suck, the dynamo will turn and you know, electricity.

the idea here is to let the output water refill itself, so this could become a close loop, and basically, using the gravity power, increase height, and let the water able to refill itself.

i believe, increasing the height will increase the water output ability to climb higher.

any ideas?

Description:
Filesize: 38.69 KB
Viewed: 6160 Time(s)

RECYCLE.png

Post 25 Mar 2013, 12:47
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I suggest you build one to see if it works. You will be a bajillionaire if you can get free energy to work so it will be worth it to spend a few hundreds to build a prototype.
Post 25 Mar 2013, 16:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
malpolud

malpolud
If you think that the falling water will produce power to suck water from the cup, you are wrong.

But if you take a very thin glass tube, it will suck the water thanks to intermolecular forces. Water wont be able to fall out of the tube though, thanks to intermolecular forces as well Wink
Post 25 Mar 2013, 16:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
ah, the faling water since the pipe out will be lower than the pipe in will suck the water from the tank, (maybe i should draw the pipe position properly in picture)

my understand is, if i make the pipe gone up really high, would the output water somehow able to reach the tank back after it goes out powerfully from the pipe.

because if somehow it able to flow higher (even a little bit), then we can do array of this to refill the water back.

revolution,
i get a long pipe tomorrow.
Post 25 Mar 2013, 17:19
revolution

revolution
Also note that due to Earth's gravity you can't pull water higher than ~10 meters. Because after that you get a vacuum and no water can be transferred.
Post 25 Mar 2013, 17:39
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:
Also note that due to Earth's gravity you can't pull water higher than ~10 meters. Because after that you get a vacuum and no water can be transferred.

sorry revolution,
i dont get it,,,
Post 25 Mar 2013, 18:53
revolution

revolution
If your pipe is higher than 10 meters then you won't get any water flowing (unless you can somehow locally ignore the laws of physics).
Post 25 Mar 2013, 18:59
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
you mean the siphon technique wont work if the height of the pipe is going to above 10 meters?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siphon

Description:
Filesize: 8.14 KB
Viewed: 6105 Time(s)

siphon.png

Post 25 Mar 2013, 19:33
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
you mean the siphon technique wont work if the height of the pipe is going to above 10 meters?
Yes.
Post 25 Mar 2013, 19:46
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i dont get it, sorry revolution,

i draw the picture just to show my question,
so, the water wont come out from ? point?

i prefill the S tube or pipe with water first (like in picture), then gravity will pull the water down through ? point, then water in tank will get suck up even if it is a 80 meters journey,

or you mean, in such set up, the water in S pipe will flow to the tank instead of going out through ? point ?

then if let say water gonna come out in ? point, what is the height the water could shot up?

please enlighten me, i really want to know.

Description:
Filesize: 49.12 KB
Viewed: 6093 Time(s)

question.png

Post 25 Mar 2013, 20:49
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by HaHaAnonymous on 28 Feb 2015, 21:15; edited 1 time in total
Post 25 Mar 2013, 21:12
malpolud

malpolud
If the tube is to long the friction forces in liquid will equal the forces created by pressure difference. The friction forces will be proportional to the velocity of liquid particles.

The 10 meters revolution mentioned is just approx height. Just like the joke physicians make about throwing a cat out of the window: There is no point of throwing a cat from above than 10th floor, cause it will achieve constant speed Wink
Post 25 Mar 2013, 21:38
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
but shouldnt this work?

since the output with the 10 liters water force should somehow able to shot up further than the height of 1 liter tank.

i think height is not much important variable, of course, the higher is better, but the force of the shot up water depend on how many pressure (how many water trying to go out),

so, if the upper tank is 20 or 30 liters, the water will shot further up

Description:
Filesize: 11.69 KB
Viewed: 6072 Time(s)

shouldwork.png

Post 25 Mar 2013, 23:06
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i got a second thought,
it should be easy and simple, like below,
it will works!

and this is gravity energy for us free.

where is my nobel prize for free gravity energy to all humankinds.

Description:
Filesize: 15.46 KB
Viewed: 6068 Time(s)

working.png

Post 25 Mar 2013, 23:22
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
man, this is real deal,
should get slashdotted, let every human know,

peace,
Post 25 Mar 2013, 23:59
revolution

revolution
malpolud wrote:
The 10 meters revolution mentioned is just approx height.
Yes it is approximate. But it is the limit regardless of how perfect you make the components. It is not possible to pull the water more than the 10 meter limit because a vacuum will form a bubble in the tube. This is the same effect as a mercury temperature gauge. The top of the glass tube is a vacuum above the mercury. You can't pull mercury up though a siphon more than 760mm.
Post 26 Mar 2013, 01:50
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
nobody think it gonna works?
i think it would sure works and change this world,
maybe i shouldnt get so excited.
Post 26 Mar 2013, 07:50
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
nobody think it gonna works?
For many people the laws of physics is enough to tell us that such things can't work without an external energy source.
sleepsleep wrote:
i think it would sure works and change this world,
If it did work then I would expect you are not the first person to think of such a thing.
sleepsleep wrote:
maybe i shouldnt get so excited.
I think this would be best.
Post 26 Mar 2013, 08:02
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
actually, i dont see how it defy law of physics, yah, my physics is entry level, no doubt.

the water will flow down, gravity,
when the water flow out, it sucks the water from 1 liter tank, because some out and something must enter to fill in the

since there will always a gap of space between them, the water than dropping into 10 lt tank,

then the water goes out, then something must get in to fill the going out space, sucking continue from tank 1 lt.

now i see it looks like yin-yang.
Post 26 Mar 2013, 10:19
revolution

revolution
Did you consider friction? Even without any friction, and perfect water and equipment, where will you get excess energy to extract from the water flow? There does not appear to be any energy production source. Merely a closed water cycle relying upon having no friction to continue to function.
Post 26 Mar 2013, 10:48

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: