flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Don't upgrade to windows 8!

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Coty

Coty
Don't upgrade to windows 8! It's a fucking fraud!

I've been using windows 8 beta for a while now, and since windows 8 is unofficially released it is time to upgrade to pro!

So Windows update gave me a link to buy it, so I download there "Windows8-UpgradeAssistant" like it said and started through the process, payed with paypal and all that jaz, and then it freezes. Just Poof, it froze... okay... So I check my email and see the transaction went through, paypal sent them a nice $61 dollars and all that stuff... but MS never sent me an email, so activation key, no upgrade installer, nothing!

Okay so let's try the upgrade assistant then and see if it will work this time... But... all it does is bring up a field to purchase it with... So here I am, out $61 dollars and windows 8 still says I need to activate it...

great. fuck you bill gates.

Description:
Filesize: 15.77 KB
Viewed: 2793 Time(s)

MSsucks.png

Post 08 Nov 2012, 19:48
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I seriously doubt that MS uses paypal. Perhaps you have been scammed?
Post 08 Nov 2012, 19:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Coty

Coty
Only if this is not Microsoft official site linked to right from windows 8's activation center.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/buy

Click the buy now link, it will download the MS easy installer that I am talking about
Post 08 Nov 2012, 19:54
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
So contact MS and ask for assistance. That is what you pay for. It is not Linux where you have to solve everything yourself.
Post 08 Nov 2012, 20:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Coty

Coty
Yep, according to them, after like an hour. "This problem um, sometimes accors when you try to use paypal, so... what you need to do is call Paypal and tell them to give you a refund... bacause it's not a problem on our side, because we didn't get it"

If it's not there problem, then why after 2 years is this the first time I have had trouble

"Then if you try to re-order use your credit card, because we have less issues with that"

So now I have to call paypal and see what's up Mad
Post 08 Nov 2012, 20:54
Coty

Coty
According to paypal There is nothing paypal can do to refund my money as it has already went through to another party "Arvato Digital Services" which is apparently a third party that handles Microsoft upgrades through paypal.

Ugh, more wasted time on the phone, I am so frustrated that my heart feels like its about to explode.

revolution wrote:
It is not Linux where you have to solve everything yourself.

Laughing Rolling Eyes
Post 08 Nov 2012, 21:18
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
maybe we should just use free virtualized windows ?
on top of linux/bsd whatever distro?

61 dollar for all the pain? maybe they detected you are not using IE when you order :p
Post 08 Nov 2012, 23:30
Feryno

Feryno
Hi, Coty
I prefer to install trial server versions available to download for free directly from ms.
Then the second step is to modify bootsector if booting via BIOS or replacing UEFI ms OS loader so I always have the same date every boot.
When running for longer time you mustn't run for longer than the trial period. At me any PC was never running longer than 1 day (typically only few minutes-hours).
I have installed more OS-es at 1 disk at more PCs and using them only rarely when testing whether some my free project is working at same older OS at AMD and Intel CPU. Everything is running well for years, just the date is always set back (sometimes annoying when Linux checks ext2 ext3 ext4 filesystem).
If somebody is interested I'll post modifications of bootsector / UEFI bootloader how to set the date to the same every boot (send a PM to me)
Post 09 Nov 2012, 08:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
malpolud

malpolud
Why would anybody use Windows 8? After I tried it I said it is a disaster - especially for people who use MS windows systems for ~10 years.

Funny things happen when you try to open Chrome browser from your desktop, and later click the icon from the tablet-like menu start. You don't go to the opened application, just open a totally new instance! Dont know if it works with other applications like this.

The only good thing about win8 I found is the possibility to pause file copying. But they still did not find out that the stupid windows should not make multiple file copying using task switching and sequential access to hard drive. Tasks just should be queued. (I mean when I can not mark all the files to copy, I need to wait till one copy task is finished to start another one). Stupid guys from MS did not have such simple idea, but they try to pack as many fireworks in their system as possible. They don't think that not everyone is a stupid end-user that needs touch input in their PC.
Post 09 Nov 2012, 14:19
Coty

Coty
Ihave been using windows 8 beta for some time, and I really do like it, I have installed an app called pokki than overides the metro interface and gives a nice start menu.

On top of that windows 8 is pluged into xbox live, witch is really nice for me. The only issue I have is that windows was a complete idiot when they set up the purchase system...
Post 09 Nov 2012, 15:09
typedef

typedef
LOL. $61 Dollars. You could have used that $15 offer upgrade from the same company.

You have been scammed bro. $61 dollars is a whole 2 weeks at Red Robins or Lobster. :p

Just roll back to Windows 1 and all the problems will be gone. Plus great apps on Windows 1. It's fully compatible with 8 too.

PS: I expected you to be more aware of scammers though.

Clearly there's no such company by that name under Microsoft. Plus you know it's fake when it's $61 dollars instead of $100+ because that's how much Windows 8 costs.
Post 09 Nov 2012, 16:16
Coty

Coty
Dude, it's microsoft, why don't you read what I wrote above in my other posts, I have been on the Microsoft hotline, I have talked to several different reps and they all verified that this is legitimate.

Check the link I posted and check it all out. $39.99 is an upgrade only, if you have a functioning copy of windows then an upgrade only costs, 39.99, the other $15 dollars was for a back up disk they were supposed to send to me and the rest was taxes.

Whatever though, Apparently the money is stuck in-between through M$ thrid party, so I might as well have been scammed. fuck it, I've pirated a fresh copy of windows 8 and Microsoft can suck it.
Post 09 Nov 2012, 18:24
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
I would not call it "pirated" -- you actually out $61, it is a buy in my book.
Post 09 Nov 2012, 21:04
typedef

typedef
lol. Still. A fail on your part. Always buy from the shelf or in hard copy medium if over the net. Wink
Post 10 Nov 2012, 02:04
malpolud

malpolud
Coty don't let it go! You're money is gone, but not lost, they have to give it back or finalize the transaction.

Post 10 Nov 2012, 15:03

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: