flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > how to define you, yourself? what is you?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
The heart is just a blood pump. It can be replaced with a steel and plastic pump if needed. The heart does not contribute to either logic or illogic, it is just a pump.
Post 17 Oct 2012, 11:28
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
malpolud

malpolud
And what about cases of peoples different behavior after heart transplantation?

Muscles have some kind of memory. If you play the guitar or train some martial arts or do some other kind of activity that engages muscles you certainly observed it. There is no reason why muscles could not have other kinds of memory than "movements-memory", so technically heart could contribute to some behaviors.
Post 17 Oct 2012, 13:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
I think you misunderstand what muscle memory means. The muscles themselves don't have any memory, it is all controlled by the brain. "Muscle memory" is just a term to name the effect, and is not meant to be literally descriptive of the underlying process.
malpolud wrote:
And what about cases of peoples different behavior after heart transplantation?
Do you have an example?
Post 17 Oct 2012, 13:46
malpolud

malpolud
Well maybe you're right about muscle memory, I read an article some time ago where some scientists tolled they are searching for other places than brain where thinking processes could take place. Like the spinal cord and muscles.
revolution wrote:

Do you have an example?

I don't know any of the cases personally and don't know any medical documentation about such, but:
https://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&safe=off&pwst=1&spell=1&q=heart+transplant+alter+personality&sa=X&ei=87x-UL_ICovIsgb6wYCoAw&ved=0CB0QvwUoAA&biw=1280&bih=671

Post 17 Oct 2012, 14:14
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i subscribe the view of after a life changing event, (eg. heart transplant) maybe people will change drastically in the way they view about life.

malpolud wrote:

I read an article some time ago where some scientists tolled they are searching for other places than brain where thinking processes could take place. Like the spinal cord and muscles.

they said DNA is our blueprint, our program, our operating system, our properties that define "i",

maybe "think" doesn't exists for human,
we don't think, we can't think,

we only go through our DNA, if then else... loop,
we are the program,

1 step advance is program that able to self-modify,
maybe we should start modify our DNA.
Post 21 Oct 2012, 09:13
Masood.Sandking

Masood.Sandking
How we know we think?...
and how we know that...?
and...?
i think maybe we are more than something just like computer programs...
maybe a program can think... and maybe it also can think about its thinking... and maybe about its... but how it can think about all of these, like us?! how it can know that it exists?
i claim i know that i exist and i'm thinking to this. maybe you say i'm a program and i'm pretending... but you can't say that to yourself!

(sorry for english!)
Post 21 Oct 2012, 16:41
mmix

mmix
IMHO, against your will or not, it is you, afterall.
Post 24 Oct 2012, 11:46
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
mmix wrote:
IMHO, against your will or not, it is you, afterall.

well, yeah,
then what is i,
Smile idk, and maybe more confuse than before, hahahaa.
Post 25 Oct 2012, 16:11
hopcode

hopcode
sleepsleep wrote:
well, yeah,then what is i...,
sleepsleep, i have no words for it,
you are... great Smile

Post 25 Oct 2012, 18:28
mmix

mmix
Post 25 Oct 2012, 21:40
MHajduk

MHajduk

Josh Agle (Shag) - "Where Do We Come From - What Are We - Where Are We Going (after Gauguin)" - 2006 Razz Razz
Post 25 Oct 2012, 21:56
hopcode

hopcode
oh no,no,nooo...
you don know me en i know ya...
no,no,no,nooo...

well it turns to be a Red Dragon Image
and blah blah on Wikipedia, but the rocking position recalls me in some way the epigraph on Ellis's American Psycho, from Talking Heads
Flowers
singing:
And as things fell apart
Nobody paid much attention

ok, now quoting is ok.

Post 25 Oct 2012, 22:59
uart777

uart777
sleep: All we know is that we exist. We don't know how, why, what, where, etc. We're just little specks of Stardust waiting to go back to the great Light of the Universe, our beautiful Creator.

revolution: What if your heart suddenly stopped beating? Then what? Nothing? Smile Blackness? All humans have ever known is existence. Humans can't phantom non-existence. What's it like to not exist? In the same way, a fish has no concept of dryness. "Nothing" can't be defined. You'll never know anything but existence, because you've existed forever Smile There was never a time when you didn't exist Smile
Post 25 Oct 2012, 23:29
uart777

uart777
2nd law of thermodynamics: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed; it only transforms. When we die, where does our energy go? Answer: To the Light, where I will see all of my Atheist friends Smile
Post 26 Oct 2012, 00:21
revolution

revolution
uart777 wrote:
revolution: What if your heart suddenly stopped beating?
Unless you quickly get a replacement then you die.
uart777 wrote:
When we die, where does our energy go?
What energy? The chemical and nuclear energy stored in our body doesn't go anywhere. It is still there, but no longer controlled in an orderly way. The body decays, releases heat and gases, feeds the worms, etc. The nuclear energy is not changed except for the occasional alpha/beta decay from some of the less stable isotopes.
Post 26 Oct 2012, 00:57
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
"You're just rot in the ground."
Peter Griffin.
Post 26 Oct 2012, 02:26
uart777

uart777
Well, I guess before and after life are unprovable concepts that people can argue about forever. We can't prove that we didn't exist before we were born but this doesn't make it true and it contradicts what we understand biologically. I've heard this explained in so many different ways, even ways that seem totally non-religious but still require faith - example, our memory could've been erased by "aliens" before birth, we could living in a matrix reality, you fell asleep when you were born, you're a dream now and will awake someday, you forgot who you really are, you're a genie trapped inside of a bottle, etc. Obviously, it doesn't matter what a person believes on this issue.
Post 28 Oct 2012, 15:54

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: