flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > how to define you, yourself? what is you?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i thought about this today,

i got a dream, then i woke up,

i remember my dream, i remember what i did in my dream,

now, what makes me think it is "ME" in that dream?

why i assume it is "ME" in that dream?

let say, in that dream, i perform action A,
now, using my current consciousness, i wouldn't perform action A,

ergo, WHO is that "ME" in my dream? because it is not the me now.
Post 11 Oct 2012, 12:42
asmhack

asmhack
Your senses in your dream define yourself. You're the observer in your dreams, not someone else. Inside dreams we have other 'consciousness' because the brain works in another 'mode'.
Post 11 Oct 2012, 12:54
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
ergo, WHO is that "ME" in my dream? because it is not the me now.
Doesn't matter if you are dreaming or not it's still you. Personality is multi-layered, when the brain is sleeping, the "lower" layer of you, subconsciousness, rules your mind creating dreams. Although consciousness doesn't control the thoughts flow (dreams often seem to be illogical) you're still present there and, somehow, you have the same identity. Smile
Post 11 Oct 2012, 13:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
uart777

uart777
What you see in the mirror is not you. Someday, you'll find what the real you is, a being that is absolutely powerful and perfect in every way imaginable Smile
Post 11 Oct 2012, 15:35
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
so, how about a conscious 'ME' that couldn't accept subconscious 'ME'?
or a conscious 'ME' that doesn't regard subconscious 'ME' as the same 'ME'?

because for me, there are 2 'ME' there.

this bring out how the dalai lama reincarnation test,

so, if subconscious 'ME' doesn't access to same memory like conscious 'ME', or in other way round, they are not the same 'ME'.

personally, i think memory is very important aspect, because memory affect how we choose, and how and what we choose define us or 'ME'.
Post 13 Oct 2012, 00:01
yoshimitsu

yoshimitsu
Code:
remember my dream, i remember what i did in my dream, 
now, what makes me think it is "ME" in that dream?    

sounds mysterious, you also did not elaborate on what you've done in your dream, so you must have dreamt about something.. unspeakable

What I sometimes think about:
You think of yourself as you, you got born and now you live, but why are you you? When a baby is born, how does it become a thinking being with an identity. E.g. why aren't you your neighbour? I mean that baby in the past could have become someone totally different, but it became you or you became it. Like, what if we once have another life and we would still be ourselves, we could use our arms and legs and we could talk and think of ourselves as ourselves like now, but we'd be someone different than in our current life, like a different myself.
Post 13 Oct 2012, 00:45
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
in dream, it seems i am well aware, familiar with the location, place,

but after i wake up, it seems i have no idea where it is, the only thing i know is, i know that place, but i have no idea what and where that place it is.

yoshimitsu wrote:
You think of yourself as you, you got born and now you live, but why are you you?

i don't know

yoshimitsu wrote:
When a baby is born, how does it become a thinking being with an identity.

maybe time, accumulated experiences, then some day, after years, maybe around 16, he starts to think?

yoshimitsu wrote:
what if we once have another life and we would still be ourselves, we could use our arms and legs and we could talk and think of ourselves as ourselves like now, but we'd be someone different than in our current life, like a different myself.

is that something like i am you, you are me article?
Post 13 Oct 2012, 13:49
uart777

uart777
Q: Who are you?
A: "I'm you"
Q: If you're me, then who am I?
A: "You" Smile

How can you say that you've never seen Light? It is that by which you see, what enables sight itself. Without it, you would see nothing.
Post 13 Oct 2012, 15:41
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
so, how about a conscious 'ME' that couldn't accept subconscious 'ME'?
or a conscious 'ME' that doesn't regard subconscious 'ME' as the same 'ME'?

because for me, there are 2 'ME' there.

this bring out how the dalai lama reincarnation test,

so, if subconscious 'ME' doesn't access to same memory like conscious 'ME', or in other way round, they are not the same 'ME'.

personally, i think memory is very important aspect, because memory affect how we choose, and how and what we choose define us or 'ME'.
So, accordingly to your point of view our memory is the most important factor of our self-identification.

Well, I dare to disagree with this opinion. Wink If I had to describe human psyche using IT analogies I would take the model of the Linux system. The subconsciousness would be an equivalent of Linux kernel, while the consciousness would be an analogy of the Linux shell. However, such a model is a way too simple since there must be more than two personality "layers". The real "me" is hidden in the deepest of them (the kernel of kernels) and you can't get rid of it unless you die. The real "me" is defined by our preferences, abilities and talents that were "imprinted" in genes, so basically they are independent from our memory. Even I forget some things or learn some new I'm not completely different person than before. I will like the same music, have the same interest in art and mathematics, will prefer the same food. "Me" in my dreams and when I'm awake are identical, doesn't matter that "circumstances" are hardly comparable. Wink
Post 13 Oct 2012, 16:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
gabiz_ro

gabiz_ro
It's a little hard to explain in english.
Sometimes I wake up in the morning and is plain and clear what I have dreamed last night,sometimes not.
Last night my dream was about a journey,from home town to other far away town.
All was so freaking real,from my house to train station,where I picked ticket for train,some part of journey,that last for few hours in real time, until somehow I'm at the end of my trip,but in a bus,not train.
That alert me,something is wrong.I can remember that I start my trip with train,I also remember few stations where train stop for a while and suddenly I reach destination point by bus.
Somehow scared I wake up and I see that my dream,a whole half day,was in fact just few minutes.

Sometimes,if dream is well constructed,you can't tell if is reality or dream.
Sometimes,even if dream is intrerupted,when you asleep dream go on.
Sometimes,in few second or minutes you can live one entire life.
(just imagine what is our brain capable if can handle such simulations)
Post 13 Oct 2012, 18:55
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
u know, i got a 2 level dream once upon a time ago,

that is another dream inside dream, like da movie

i like the kernel analogy, so, beside memory, we got flash dna memory Wink

yeah, every human is freaking unique, like the grass.. it looks same but the root are different.
Post 13 Oct 2012, 20:17
gabiz_ro

gabiz_ro
Long time ago I have recurrent dreams.
Sometimes I was able to fly.
Sometimes I'm falling and falling and wake up just before impact,then again in falling and wake up just before impact,but this,second time for real,first one was just dream of falling and wake up.

I'd like so much that feeling of a good and "almost real" dream.
Post 13 Oct 2012, 20:39
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
yeah, every human is freaking unique, like the grass.. it looks same but the root are different.
Well, I like to imagine all the people and even all living beings as leaves of the same tree... so we are somehow united and act like one organism (even if we don't realize it).

You know, the Swiss psychologist and psychiatrist, Carl Gustav Jung created a very interesting idea of collective unconscious that contains some instincts and archetypes inherited from our ancestors and can explain why in some situations the whole humanity acts like one organism, share similar emotions at the same time. In addition, some psychologists describe collective unconscious as an equivalent of "the mythical land of the dead" ... Do you have goosebumps on your back when you have read the last sentence? Yeah, intriguing indeed... Wink
Post 13 Oct 2012, 20:41
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
You, Me - there are chinese names!
(Rush Hour 3)
Wink
Post 14 Oct 2012, 12:20
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
How high is a Chinaman.
(Benny Hill)
Post 14 Oct 2012, 12:22
comrade

comrade
sleepsleep, you should familiarize yourself with Sigmund Freud's works...
Post 16 Oct 2012, 09:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
comrade wrote:
sleepsleep, you should familiarize yourself with Sigmund Freud's works...

hi comrade,

thanks for the info,
Post 16 Oct 2012, 16:16
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i got the following,
it seems, as a human, we never stop fulfilling our desire whether short term or long term.

even at this moment, you are fulfilling your desire to read till the bottom to figure out what i try to convey.

and now we exist by looping desire.

Code:
desire
      conscious
           physical
                    living
                              friend, women, animal
                       material
                            house, transport, food, clothes
             non-physical
                        knowledge, know what, know how, know why
                    spiritual
                   power, authority
                    feeling, secure, respected, confident, free, fear, and etc
                  settle all problem, uneasiness, unwanted (pain, sick etc negative)
                  impress, show off, demo
     subconscious

Post 16 Oct 2012, 20:53
MHajduk

MHajduk
What you have described above ^^ may be to some extent compared with Maslow's hierarchy of needs that is usually represented in the form of a pyramid:
Post 16 Oct 2012, 21:00
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
you know, yesterday night i started to think what cause of desire,

the i come up with this possible answer,

Code:
mind & heart
       (manual / auto)
             total acceptance
            acceptance or rejection
             total rejection

mind = result that came logically,
heart = result that illogic

so, it is the acceptance or rejection in current state / future state that fuel desire to want.

when i sit still, i see the table, then my mind switch back to continue typing this phrase, ( what happen here is the 'ME' want to continue where it pause just now == rejection to pause )

literally, we never stop thinking, seeking our next desire base on what we accept / reject now, manually or automatically.
Post 17 Oct 2012, 11:15

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: