flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > 3D Spirograph

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kalambong

kalambong
Ever since I was a little kid I was totally mesmerized by spirographs - it's a type of sketch when you put a little circle inside a larger circle and start spinning the little circle around the larger circle.

That started me to imagine something way more complex - what if it's not a circle, but a sphere?

Put a little circle inside a larger one and start spinning it, what would I get?

What if it's not a sphere, but something that looks like an egg? What if there are two "eggs", with smaller egg spinning inside a larger egg?

All those fancy imaginations remained "imagination" because there was no PC back when I was a kid.

Now that we have PC, and 3D printing and all those fancy stuffs, I think it's time I must do something about the things that had occupied my brains ever since I was a kid

Thanks to the Net, I get to see many results from others' endeavors in 3D Spirographs and I am itchy to do some myself

I searched around and found something that I think may let me do that - as I outlined in the message http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=14554

I do realize that the "Processing Language" is only good for "scaffolding purposes" - if I am to do anything really serious ultimately I have to get back to C or to ASM (like FASM) to create something that's not a resource hog

There's one thing though ... I'm not very sure how to proceed

Should I create something that function like CAD - with X, Y, Z dimensions - so that the result of the "spinning pebble inside a hole" can be seen from all angle?

I don't know.

So here I am. Asking for your opinions, suggestions, hints, critiques

What's the best way of approach (and/or UI) for a such a program?

Any suggestion, opinion, hint and/or critique is welcome.

Thank you all, in advance !!
Post 07 Sep 2012, 00:44

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: