flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > neil armstrong, bye bye, see you

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
asmhack

asmhack
Staying on the mars for the rest of your life - knowing that you won't see the earth never again, with all that that implies, doesn't sounds like fun. Maybe they could send there prisoners (lifers) ?? In that case I would see a reason for such project.
Post 29 Aug 2012, 11:02
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
asmhack wrote:
Maybe they could send there prisoners (lifers) ?? In that case I would see a reason for such project.
Hmm, this reminds me of SF book The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. The Moon colonists were mostly descendants of prisoners there.
Post 29 Aug 2012, 11:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
Moon has a lot of precious metals, so the permanent Moon mining ops are good thing to have.
Post 29 Aug 2012, 16:32
Dex4u

Dex4u
malpolud wrote:
No one, yet. At least not a human being.

I agree, they never went to the moon, they would find it hard to go today, never mind then.
Example: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/6105902/Moon-rock-given-to-Holland-by-Neil-Armstrong-and-Buzz-Aldrin-is-fake.html
Post 29 Aug 2012, 17:14
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
Enko wrote:
The NASA budget each year are reduced.
And the fact that they already got to the Moon, ¿why go again?

If they really spend money on this, it would be really STUPID. With uppercase letters.
It´s like waisting money for doing the same thing for "no good reason".

What they should really do, is push more the limits and send a men to Mars. Not to the moon again, its usles.

Haha, are you serious? I hope you're trolling.

Planting a banner and collecting a few pebbles is what's useless. >>>>This<<<< is pretty much what we've been doing for the past decades. The Moon landing was something like the "carrot scene".

There has been a "Moon vs Mars" debate for decades and everyone has good arguments, but going back to the Moon, and even better establishing a permanent or semi-permanent presence, has many advantages.
To begin with, the Moon (being much closer to Earth than Mars) is much easier to reach and establish a base on.
The Moon may have resources that Mars doesn't have (e.g. lunar regolith is most-likely rich in H3) or that would be more expensive to extract.
The Moon doesn't have an atmosphere and, being much smaller, has a lower gravity and escape velocity meaning that working there would be much easier than on both Earth and Mars; think of lifting very heavy objects or launching rockets with less fuel and therefore bigger/heavier payloads.
We could in fact use the Moon instead of Earth for further space exploration operations... including a potential colonization of Mars.
Post 29 Aug 2012, 17:32

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: