flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > how to communicate globally without using internet

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i was thinking about how to communicate globally without using internet,

i don't think communication, knowledge acquire should be charged, it should be free to every conscious beings on earth who want to improve themselves.

so, how to communicate from asia to us, europe, russia without using internet?

should we design a new signals? we want an open source, free model that benefits every beings.

no more deep ocean cables, no more isp, no more government

we want new technology, is such technology exists?
Post 21 Aug 2012, 05:45
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Telephones were invented long before the Internet. I expect they still work. Or have they been deprecated recently?
Post 21 Aug 2012, 05:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
This technology exists - radio. But it is regulated by the government.
Actually there can not exists "abstract freedom", besides the state. If we want more freedom, the only way to get it is to force the government to allow this freedom. Everything else is not possible at all.
And I think that the freedom to communicate is not so important as the freedom to eat, freedom to learn, freedom to have medical care, freedom to work and freedom to have home - these are not accessible to a big part of the mankind.
Post 21 Aug 2012, 06:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

Telephones were invented long before the Internet. I expect they still work. Or have they been deprecated recently?

well, they still exists somehow but maybe not in future,
people use lot of free / ads application (mostly free) nowadays, when the next generation shift to skype totally, less and less people will use house phone / mobile phone, imo.

JohnFound wrote:

And I think that the freedom to communicate is not so important as the freedom to eat, freedom to learn, freedom to have medical care, freedom to work and freedom to have home - these are not accessible to a big part of the mankind.

but i believe, "communication" could solve every (lack of) problems mentioned above.

we need breakthrough and simple DIY communication technology, and hopefully it is free or near free.
Post 21 Aug 2012, 06:38
edfed

edfed
with Long Waves Radio it is possible to reach Australia from Europe cause the atmosphere reflects them like the infrared.

then, maybe it is possible to build some DIY pirate radio protocol for communication with a minimal investment.
Post 21 Aug 2012, 08:27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
edfed, you maybe mean "short waves radio" - from 1.6MHz to 30MHz range. Yes, this is possible, but the transmission in the most of this range is prohibited. You will be caught very fast if you try to transmit outside the amateur radio bands. These bands are shared and very near, so the maximum speed possible will be around 1200bps - too low for today use. The "long waves" are not useful, because they need very big transmitter power (and they are prohibited for use as well).
The only really possible solution is to use WiFi band, because it is legal to use it and then to make some kind of peer-to-peer distributed network that to route the packages between parties.
Such a network will be internet independent, but you will need hundreds and thousands working peers between you and the remote computer, because the range of WiFi is small. The latency of such a network will be huge and the cross-the-ocean problem will appear as well.

But I am sure if such a network is being created, it will be instantly banned by most governments (for example by ban of the WiFi hardware).
So, the big problem is still the community where we are living, not the technology. I would like to live in community where will be no need for such a technologies at all.
Post 21 Aug 2012, 08:47
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
A "total freedom" is called anarchy, isn't it?
Post 21 Aug 2012, 13:40
kalambong

kalambong
AsmGuru62 wrote:
A "total freedom" is called anarchy, isn't it?

Total freedom = Utopia

Anarchy = Total lack of authority
Post 22 Aug 2012, 09:39
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Post 23 Aug 2012, 01:20

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: