Message board for the users of flat assembler.
> OS Construction > Building OS
what i want is :
1. creating boot loader
2. setting up kernel
3. creating text mode os, can accept some comands,
4. creating gui, just display screen with image, cursor, and some icon
just that's for now..
maybe next i want to make my os have some features like :
- Pre-emptive multitasking with 1000hz scheduler, multithreading, multiprocessor, ring-3 protection
- Responsive GUI with resolutions up to 1920x1080, 16 million colours
- Free-form, transparent and skinnable application windows, drag'n drop
- SMP multiprocessor support with currently up to 8 cpus
- IDE: Editor/Assembler for applications
- USB 2.0 Hi-speed storage, webcam, printer class and TV/Radio support
- USB 1.1 Keyboard and mouse support
- TCP/IP stack with Loopback & Ethernet drivers
- Email/ftp/http/chess clients and ftp/mp3/http servers
- Hard real-time data fetch
- Fits on a single floppy, boots also from CD and USB drives
so, why do i start...??
|14 Aug 2012, 03:59||
for now, i just have a bootloader..
i want my os have graphical display.
|14 Aug 2012, 05:06||
|14 Aug 2012, 11:29||
Today i like to use the native resolution of my 28" LCD in 1920x1200x32 bit per pixel @60hz refreshrate.
But in the past i used some 19" CRT monitors with a capacity of 96khz/160hz in 1024x768x32@100hz refreschrate.
(For these 19" CRT the endorsed resolution(manufactures preferred mode) was 1280x1024@85hz refreshrate.)
Some public documents can be dowload for free:
http://www.vesa.org/ (need register/login)
For to get some information about the pluged monitor:
For to set video modes with a VBE 2, or a VBE 3 - bios with a high resolution and maybe with our own CRTC-parameter table for to enable high refreshrates(vbe3),
using hardware triple buffering(vbe3) or stereoscopic display support for liquid crystal (LC) shutter glasses(vbe3):
All those stuff is only for to use primary devices. In the case that modern cards comes with more than one ourtput device for to use more than on monitor at the same time.
Swithing into some vesamodes a secondary device shows the same content of the first linear framebuffer in a cloned mode.
I don´t know how to set another resolution for the secondary device,
so that the secondary monitor schows the content of the secondary framebuffer.
Any code example(s) are wellcome.
Last edited by freecrac on 16 Aug 2012, 06:03; edited 2 times in total
|14 Aug 2012, 11:51||
You can take a look at DexOS as a example http://www.dex-os.com/
|14 Aug 2012, 14:54||
< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on GitHub, YouTube, Twitter.
Website powered by rwasa.