flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > life is one way ticket, why not we rock the world?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
instead of staying like what life looks like now, why not we rock the world?

of course, there is nothing wrong with current life, as long as we enjoy, but since life is one way ticket, there are lots of enjoyment, experiences out there, why not we just rock it?

create, invent something useful, whether software, hardware, concept, ideas, system, cultural, and more!

there are lots of human potential out there,

there are lots of things we can automate, from a simple restaurant to big enterprise, we can save lots of human power and change stuff into robotic automation, the days when human enjoy living and leave those chores to robots.
Post 26 Jul 2012, 23:45
matefkr

matefkr
Post 31 Jul 2012, 18:25
Stephen

Stephen
I wonder about that quite a bit, since what I do for a living is to build automated production machinery. I some times wonder about that. Besides just having fun, most people want to feel that they are doing something useful and productive with their lives. Am I really helping them by replacing them with a robot?

When I do replace several people with an automated system it keeps the company in business, because the factory down the street (or half way around the world) is also doing that and any one who doesn't will end up out of business because their products will end up costing to much. So over all, it's not a matter of if I should do it.

The big question is what greater thing those people can do. Not all, but a lot of the people working those sorts of jobs are working at something that is comfortable with their abilities. It would be great (maybe) if every one could go to grad school and we as a group could make major leaps to unlocking the mysteries of the universe. As it is, some people can barely get out of grade school. I've known a number of good honest hard working people who take a great deal of pride in having some basic job that they can do well and take care of their family while doing something that is productive and useful to others. What would be a mind numbing job to some is the full extent of anthers ability. They likely enjoy the challenge and take pride in doing a good job. Are we doing them a favor, freeing them from work they find challenging and take pride in, just because we might find it mind numbing. What is there to replace that job, where they are contributing and doing something they can take pride in? Some people only have the ability to do a simple job, but doing it well can be very useful, productive and a needed contribution they can take pride in.

It seems l;ike people who can't find a way to take pride in them self and what they do end up trying to rip things down and not build them up.

Big questions....
Post 05 Aug 2012, 21:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
@Stephen,

Big questions, indeed.
I am a huge fan of Sci-Fi since, like, when I was 5 - as far back as I can recall.
So, in Sci-Fi we can find a lot of books about the Utopian societies, where there is no crime and everyone has a job, providing that all physical things are made on a production line, like the one you were working on developing.

However, think how much stuff cannot be done by machines:

- A great doctor or teacher
- A writer of a great book(s)
- An artistical profession: music, drawing, sculpting, acting, etc.
- Any scientific job, like astronomy, physics, chemistry, archeology, etc. in fact any science cannot be done by a computer - or maybe very little, comparable to a real human.

So, instead of MAKING things (which is what the production lines are for) humans freed from that work can concentrate on science and research of a lot of other things, like the ocean and outer solar system -- the nature.

So I am sure humans will have a lot of stuff to do.
However, for that to happen, people must change inside -- be different.
This will not be easy or fast, maybe in a few thousand years.
Also, existence of money holds humanity back. And to change that requires a lot of time too.
Post 05 Aug 2012, 22:36
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

most people want to feel that they are doing something useful and productive with their lives.

i believe most human get sick of their daily job and they will start complain and hope this is not the job they must perform in order to survive.

of course, there are some % of population who really love what they are doing everyday.

Quote:

Am I really helping them by replacing them with a robot?

i believe, you are definitely helping those enterprises and production factories,

human management is the biggest issue so far i seen in every business,

Quote:

The big question is what greater thing those people can do.

this is very good and big question, what these people can do
make love, sex whole day, bring more kids to this world, Very Happy

Quote:
Are we doing them a favor, freeing them from work they find challenging and take pride in

they are free and can always perform those jobs, compete with machine/robot in another way, more creative, artistic style and etc added values.

i actually conclude several things in my life, (just wanna share with you all)

not everybody seeks truth,
not everybody seeks enlightenment
not everybody seeks towards knowledgeable, know why, how, and what

not everybody deserve the TRUTH

when there are conflict between religion vs truth, religion vs humanity, religion vs justice

those idiots will choose religion

why should we bother about them Smile let them continue their life, and we support and build better life to people who "get it"

Post 05 Aug 2012, 23:12

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: