flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > what if infinity is only a concept, and limitation exists?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
pondering about this,

since the nature so far doesn't display infinity, and what if infinity only exists in number, since my number can always greater than your number plus 1.

if what nature display so far got limitation, it could probably means, the whole universe that keeps on expanding will hit its limit one day.

i was watching Brian Greene tube early morning today,
he mentioned about, moon surround earth, then earth with sun, sun with bla, and bla with bla bla and so on.

what he said might could be truth, when universe is surround another bla, and there are multiple universes out there, same as earth is not the only bla that surround the sun.

he talked about big bang, and the possibility bout more than one big bang.

and observable universe after big bang might be the limitation that is place on us.
Post 03 Aug 2012, 02:09
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Well so far no one has demonstrated infinity in a physical sense so, yes, infinity is only a concept.

AFAIK no mainstream universe models have the universe being infinite. There is no experimental evidence to suggest anything observable is infinite.
Post 03 Aug 2012, 08:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
hi revolution,
you know, i woke up and suddenly i got an explanation.

Leonard Susskind explained the black hole using whirlpool analogy, and it really makes sense, if we put a tank of water, then let say we put a straw then we start suck the water through the straw,

so a "black hole" like event would be observable inside this tank of water,

and if i assume the big bang is like a rain drop of water from the sky to the imaginary 'space aka la la land', that drop of water hit the la la land, bursts out then expand.

and assume there are more than one drop of waters, so eventually, our universe will 'merge' with another universe since each of that 'drop' of water keeps on expanding. (or we can through this analogy assume that maybe one area of the universe is not expanding)

if we are inside this water, i would see that observable universe is our limitation, but once the universes merge together (universe border contact with another universe border), or we got another big bang (another drop of water hit exact spot on la la land), then maybe we could see more suddenly.

using above analogy, i would believe the universe would slowly expand to halt one day,

we don't know how big the la la land, or how many drops of water are pour out from unknown

suddenly, i felt, i understand how universe works. lol... Smile
Post 03 Aug 2012, 10:21
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
so far no one has demonstrated infinity in a physical sense ...
How can we demonstrate infinity in a physical sense? Rolling Eyes

Btw, I am glad to see you back in one piece. Wink
Post 03 Aug 2012, 10:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
gods know the answer.. and they just mute my speaker ;p
Post 03 Aug 2012, 10:39
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
If infinity CAN BE demonstrated somehow -- then it is not an infinity.
Cool!
Post 03 Aug 2012, 13:25
matefkr

matefkr
The universe is infinite, and this causes time and change.
it is infinite in one sense at least (it seems so far). that is infinite number of permutations. but not all kind of permutations necessarily be tried. However, if we reach a static level, there will be all kind of permutations tryied (highly likely).

I dont give explanations, rather care about making self-sufficient colonies, or ai-s if you have the hardware to run them (approximate max computational capacity to simulate human brain, this is the max needed to run bettter then human ai).
Post 03 Aug 2012, 18:15

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: