flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 243, 244, 245  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
why linux must get supported by laptop manufacturers? they hardly support windows os too, most they did is open up an online forum, and let others helping others.

i still don't get it why manufacturers must support your efforts with linux, if devices doesn't work in linux but work in windows, probably that is linux fault
Post 02 Nov 2016, 19:06
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
YONG wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
YONG wrote:

Unfortunately, I cannot find any such laptops in the local consumer market.

they are quite easy to find here, almost all laptop nowadays allow you to boot linux or freebsd,
No. I am not talking about cheap Windows laptops -- they are actually crappy. Most of them use 32GB emmc's as their internal storage. Most of them do not come with Kensington slots. Most of them have poor keyboards/touchpads. Most of them use the lowest-end CPUs, for example, Intel N3050, with Octane V2 scores in the 6xxx - 8xxx range. Most of them have only 2GB of RAM. Most of them have only 5 - 6 hours of battery life.

For comparison, the CPU of my entry-level Chromebook, Intel 3205u, scores 14xxx! My Chromebook uses a 16GB SSD as the internal storage, and has 4GB of RAM, a Kensington slot, a very comfortable keyboard, a fairly-good touchpad, 2x2 wireless ac, and over-9-hour battery life!

Wink

i actually love the 9 hours battery life!
can you boot external linux thumbdrive with chromebook? YONG
Post 02 Nov 2016, 19:10
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
why linux must get supported by laptop manufacturers? they hardly support windows os too, most they did is open up an online forum, and let others helping others.

i still don't get it why manufacturers must support your efforts with linux, if devices doesn't work in linux but work in windows, probably that is linux fault
Because manufacturers know the hardware and are the best people to write the drivers. And current manufacturers do support Windows, a lot. They issue updates to MS regularly to fix bugs etc. And of course they provide the initial driver set upon release of a new system.

If you don't get that support then you have to do those tasks yourself, or rely upon some third party to do it for you. Otherwise all you get is generic drivers that can't set proper low power states, or don't know about faster settings, or might not even recognise some device. And if you have a problem who would you ask for help? Some idiot in the Internet named revolution that can only offer suggestions based upon experience with something close to, but not exactly, what you have?

Last edited by revolution on 03 Nov 2016, 01:44; edited 1 time in total
Post 03 Nov 2016, 00:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
Yeah, revolution is right. Driver issue is the main obstacle that keeps Linux from dominating the affordable consumer laptop market. Most consumers do not have time or the necessary technical knowledge to tackle such problems.

sleepsleep wrote:
can you boot external linux thumbdrive with chromebook? YONG
Possible but difficult. I would need to (i) remove the back of the casing, (ii) "tamper with" a BIOS switch, (iii) put the casing back, and (iv) make some setting adjustments in the booting process.

That's why I just use Crouton and save all the trouble.

Wink
Post 03 Nov 2016, 01:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ProphetOfDoom

ProphetOfDoom
My main laptop is a MacBook Air dual booting Mac OS X and Ubuntu 16.04. Ubuntu is my preference, and works reasonably well. there are a couple of driver issues in Ubuntu. The battery life is about 5 hours (compared to 9 hours in OS X). The webcam doesn't work, but I am an introvert so this doesn't bother me. And you have to add some sort of xorg config file to get the backlight and brightness working (I forget the details). Mac OS X is my second favourite OS. So sleek and well designed compared to Windows. Some people would say paying £899 for a laptop is extortionate, but the device is pure quality. It's so light you really can sling it in a rucksack and carry it anywhere without noticing it. Also, for an extra £150 you can buy Logic Pro X and suddenly you have the world's best recording studio in your bag. I'm actually slightly surprised that there are still driver issues between Apple hardware and Linux, as Linus Torvalds uses a MacBook. You would think he would have put more pressure on the kernel community to sort it.
Regarding laptops preloaded with Linux, Dell did once sell an XPS 13 "developer edition" with Ubuntu preinstalled. At the time though, it was much more expensive than my MacBook Air. Now the Dell website says it's "out of stock", which is probably a euphemism for"this supporting Linux malarkey was trickier and more tedious/expensive than we expected".
I used to be a free software purist but have become disillusioned. There are some tasks that free software simply can't accomplish. For example, recording, mixing and mastering music with Linux is like debating philosophy with a cow. Also, Richard Stallman, though a genius, approves of chopping up live babies. Which kind of unseats him from his pedestal, IMHO.
Post 04 Nov 2016, 22:41
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
how the process to 1 and 0 , 2 ingredients could become so complex nowadays? we all should back to 1 and 0,

5th November 2016

- i thought about this strange idea today morning, it is about 1 and 0

- a stream of 1 and 0, 00101010110101010101001010010101101010010101001

- and how to train your machine to make sense out of it

- the objective would be machine able to determine what next bit is, 0 or 1

- if you see inside human mind, the whole process might be recollect memories, and make judgement, lots of judgement, check memories again, prefer or dislike or neutral, ok not ok, bet me or walk away

- huge memories, vivid memories are great, they form better judgement

- but what is the point of re-watching your favourite film if you got supergirl memories?

- it is forgetfulness that actually help human to grow from and to another stage

-

- http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/xps-13-9360-laptop/pd (dell xps 13 with ubuntu for revolution) linus is using this one now Very Happy

-

- i like you all to play this game, http://www.slither.io

- this game is about life, how to bully and get bullied, to rank top, having all resources and not sure what to do after you get #1

- people don't really care, because one could bring up all kinds of excuses to justify everything

- from religion to politic to almost everything, people is too comfortable with the idea to bully, violence, death, ego

- equal positive and negative numbers only reset things to neutral, need bigger positive to overwhelmed negative ideas

- maybe this whole thing is grand illusion, you died and wake up next, wtf, i am inside simulator

-
Post 05 Nov 2016, 09:02
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/xps-13-9360-laptop/pd (dell xps 13 with ubuntu for revolution)
I don't think so because:
Quote:
Battery is built-in to the laptop and is not replaceable by the customer.

The CPU belongs to the latest (7th) generation but the RAM is still DDR3. Some latest mid-range laptops are already using DDR4 RAM!

Wink
Post 05 Nov 2016, 10:36
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
6th November 2016

- getting near to chaos, few more days to go

- cyber attack, nuke goes off purposely, blame favourite bad guys and new war

- or some viruses, diseases, pandemic etc escape from lab, everybody must stay at home, quarantine, no election, biological threats

- check obama executive order on 4th november 2016

- they will do anything to ensure their establishment remains, including killing or paralyses anyone who against them

- should see news where people attacked by unknown virus soon if this is their plan or later

- Obama, using the email address of bobama@ameritech.net, was communicating directly with Michael Froman of Citigroup in 2008, who fed Obama lists of recommended appointments to his cabinet

- all about monies, control

- depopulation agenda, bring earth to 500,000,000
Post 06 Nov 2016, 05:51
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
Many scientists think Earth has a maximum carrying capacity of 9 billion to 10 billion people. So, 500 million, or 0.5 billion, means under-utilization of Earth's resources.

Refer to:
http://www.livescience.com/16493-people-planet-earth-support.html

Wink
Post 06 Nov 2016, 06:43
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
8th November 2016

- 8th in the morning here

- fbi cleared hrc for the 2nd time after what seem as courageous move days ago

- all the leaked emails basically showed how medias are controlled to feed anything in the agenda to everybody consciousness

- and the dow jones up 371 is a significant show what would happened if hrc win or lose later

- as mentioned by julian assange, 'Trump won’t be permitted to win' - Assange interview with John Pilger

- how they fix those voting machines to their potential in november

- and we knew exactly who form isis, isil, how monies from middle east works, story about libya,

- child sex slaves

- The reason these activities are not resulting in Indictments and the arrest of Hillary Clinton et. al. is that high level officials in the US Department of Justice (DOJ) are BLOCKING the FBI from obtaining Indictments! They are doing this because the evidence found on Weiner's laptop not only implicated Hillary and Bill Clinton, but also implicates a large swath of federal and state officials: Congressmen, Senators, federal Judges, and many State-level elected officials. Put simply the people involved are "the establishment"

- one of the biggest fixed election on our mega earth craft Laughing
Post 07 Nov 2016, 23:31
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
YONG wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
Many scientists think Earth has a maximum carrying capacity of 9 billion to 10 billion people. So, 500 million, or 0.5 billion, means under-utilization of Earth's resources.

Refer to:
http://www.livescience.com/16493-people-planet-earth-support.html
I wonder what assumptions they were using? If everyone needs* a car then I suspect the Earth's resources could support much lass than the current population.

*Naturally we can't survive without a car, right? We need to keep producing those large vehicles with space for five people but only ever have a single person in there. And then to compensate for all the fat people we need to produce those fad exercise machines. Perfectly sensible behaviour. Obviously it makes no sense to combine travel with exercise and save both time and resources. How dare anyone even think of such a silly thing.
Post 07 Nov 2016, 23:50
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
I wonder what assumptions they were using?
Mainly based on the trends of food production and consumption. Take a course on Environmental Science to learn more:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_science

Wink
Post 08 Nov 2016, 02:49
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- The reason these activities are not resulting in Indictments and the arrest of Hillary Clinton et. al. is that high level officials in the US Department of Justice (DOJ) are BLOCKING the FBI from obtaining Indictments! They are doing this because the evidence found on Weiner's laptop not only implicated Hillary and Bill Clinton, but also implicates a large swath of federal and state officials: Congressmen, Senators, federal Judges, and many State-level elected officials. Put simply the people involved are "the establishment"
Sounds like a conspiracy theory. Back up such accusations with verifiable evidence, please!

Wink
Post 08 Nov 2016, 02:52
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
http://www.nytimes.com/elections/forecast/president?1

President Trump soon?

all index down Laughing and might down further tomorrow!
Post 09 Nov 2016, 03:28
ford

ford
YONG wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
Sounds like a conspiracy theory. Back up such accusations with verifiable evidence, please!

Wink

I think it's a little simpler: Comey is jockying for political favor and career advancement.

Also, if elected, Clinton could just replace him and he'd be out of a job.

Post 09 Nov 2016, 04:26
ford

ford
sleepsleep wrote:

President Trump soon?

Yeah. It looks like Trump will win. Markets are looking crazy, but that's normal. Predictable irrationality has been the rule of the day for quite some time.

Post 09 Nov 2016, 04:28
YONG

YONG
ford wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:

President Trump soon?

Yeah. It looks like Trump will win. Markets are looking crazy, but that's normal. Predictable irrationality has been the rule of the day for quite some time.
This election is like another Brexit. A wall will be built on the border between the U.S. and Mexico pretty soon!

Confused
Post 09 Nov 2016, 05:11
ford

ford
YONG wrote:
ford wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:

President Trump soon?

This election is like another Brexit. A wall will be built on the border between the U.S. and Mexico pretty soon!

Confused

Nah. He will never get that wall built. He will still have to fight an establishment house and senate, and they will never approve it.

EDIT: also, for markets, this is worse than Brexit... already.

Post 09 Nov 2016, 05:30
YONG

YONG
ford wrote:
Nah. He will never get that wall built. He will still have to fight an establishment house and senate, and they will never approve it.
As Republicans control both the Senate and House of Representatives, Trump can do whatever he wants.

Let's see whether the playboy will keep his word.

Wink
Post 09 Nov 2016, 06:34
ford

ford
YONG wrote:
ford wrote:
As Republicans control both the Senate and House of Representatives, Trump can do whatever he wants.

Let's see whether the playboy will keep his word.

Wink

Nah. This is basically as if we had a Republican House and Senate with a Democrat President, because the Republican party establishment essentially hates Donald Trump.

Post 10 Nov 2016, 00:28

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 243, 244, 245  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: