flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 243, 244, 245  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Walter



Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 143
Walter
Quote:
"Free" things cost the most.


True.

Two points from another article:

1) When it comes to mobile software, there’s really no such thing as a free app.

2) Caveat emptor.

Quote:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/flashlight.asp

On 1 October 2014, cybersecurity company SnoopWall released a "threat assessment report" discussing flashlight apps for Android devices and security threats they may pose. Although the report was released to the accompaniment
of news stories about how some flashlight apps could potentially access banking information and cell phone video cameras and send users' personal information to cybercriminals abroad in India, China, and Russia, the SnoopWall report itself neither stated nor offered evidence that such activity was taking place — it merely charted the permissions accessed by the top ten Android flashlight apps and offered some tips about "best practices for increasing privacy and security on your device without spending any money."

It is indeed the case that a number of flashlight apps can and do request access to permissions and data on users' cell phones that seemingly has nothing to do with the ordinary functioning of the app, and that such permissions could theoretically enable criminals to obtain sensitive personal information from cell phone users. However:
Having a flashlight app on your cell phone does not necessarily mean someone is stealing your personal data. (Realistically, any kind of app could be exploited for this purpose.)
Just because an app requests permissions it may not need does not mean the app is being used for nefarious purposes. (Many, many apps request more permissions than they seemingly need.)
Nothing about a flashlight app makes it inherently more susceptible to criminal exploitation. (Flashlight apps just happen to be one of the most common cell phone apps.)
SnoopWall's "threat assessment report" suggested that flashlight apps are more prone to requesting access to unneeded permissions and data than any other category of app, but as Wired noted, many other types of apps "want access to information they probably shouldn't," and the fact that a given app has access to data doesn't necessarily mean the app is actually stealing that data and transmitting it to internatonal cybercriminals. It may be the case, though, that you're paying for your "free" app by unwittingly allowing your personal data to be shared with marketers:

The Flashlight app on my phone is built by a company called iHandy. [A] mobile phone security operation called Appthority did an analysis of the data that Flashlight can potentially request, and it's pretty scary.

According to Appthority's president, Domingo Guerra, Flashlight is designed to do location tracking, read my calendar, use my camera, gain access to unique numbers that identify my phone, and then share data with a number of ad networks, including Google’s AdMob, iAd, and JumpTap. It may not actually be doing all of these things — Appthority's analysis only shows what the software is capable of, not necessarily what it's actually up to — but the fact that there's such an arsenal of dubious uses should raise eyebrows.

On my phone, several apps want access to information they probably shouldn't, and odds are, that's the case with your phone, too. The lesson here is that when it comes to mobile software, there’s really no such thing as a free app.


All in all, as the Guardian noted, "developers are often asking for far greater power over a user's device, in order to collect data and sell it on to marketers and ad networks. It's the latest reminder that if you're not paying for an app, its business model may well involve selling your data." Or, as Jeff Werner of the Northwest Florida Daily News observed:

Personally, I'm inclined to believe that there are apps out there that are sending personal data to places where that data has no business going, [but] I would be surprised if it was limited to flashlight apps. At the end of the day, it's important for you to make your own decisions. Be informed, but don't believe every last thing you see or read on the Internet. When it comes to your smartphone, because of the unique nature of the data it contains, and the sites that many of us access with it, be very careful which apps you choose to install. The fewer apps you select, and the more mainstream they are, the less vulnerable you will be to theft of your data.


One flashlight app developer, Goldenshores Technologies (makers of the "Brightest Flashlight" app for Android), settled a complaint with the FTC in 2014 over their collecting location data and unique device IDs from users' devices and sharing that data with advertisers. So when it comes to apps — even "free ones" — caveat emptor.
Post 07 Sep 2016, 01:50
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
why they (google) design such framework / api exposures that obviously prevent users having control on what are able / unable to access by apps? this is blatant stupid and evil from the start,

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16478053/how-to-ask-for-permission-to-access-iphone-contacts-adressbook-again
Quote:
On iOS6, apple introduce new privacy control, user can control the accessment of contact and calender by each app. So, in the code side, you need to add some way to request the permission. In iOS5 or before, we can always call


Image
this is not asking, this is forcing you to accept, Laughing Laughing Laughing and give up whatever inside your smart/dumb phone Laughing

one don't need to work in google to know this is wrong, a non-programmer also know this is wrong, if i explain to any person how this works, they will know it is wrong,

so wth mind inside google who think this is right?

what the hell am i using Shocked Shocked Shocked
Post 07 Sep 2016, 02:47
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
so wth mind inside google who think this is right?
This is not about right or wrong. This is about making a profit. That is all.

Wink
Post 07 Sep 2016, 04:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
YONG wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
so wth mind inside google who think this is right?
This is not about right or wrong. This is about making a profit. That is all.

Wink


i could only conclude, with alphabet agencies involvement, these craziness all were planned before the name android exists,
Post 07 Sep 2016, 04:50
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
i could only conclude, with alphabet agencies involvement, these craziness all were planned before the name android exists,
Of course! In the past, no advertisements were shown on Youtube. Now, advertisements are everything.

Wink
Post 07 Sep 2016, 04:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
trying cordova,
https://cordova.apache.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Cordova
Quote:
Apache Cordova (formerly PhoneGap) is a popular mobile application development framework originally created by Nitobi. Adobe Systems purchased Nitobi in 2011, rebranded it as PhoneGap, and later released an open source version of the software called Apache Cordova.[3][4] Apache Cordova enables software programmers to build applications for mobile devices using CSS3, HTML5, and JavaScript instead of relying on platform-specific APIs like those in Android, iOS, or Windows Phone.[5] It enables wrapping up of CSS, HTML, and JavaScript code depending upon the platform of the device. It extends the features of HTML and JavaScript to work with the device. The resulting applications are hybrid, meaning that they are neither truly native mobile application (because all layout rendering is done via Web views instead of the platform's native UI framework) nor purely Web-based (because they are not just Web apps, but are packaged as apps for distribution and have access to native device APIs). Mixing native and hybrid code snippets has been possible since version 1.9.
Post 07 Sep 2016, 07:03
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Walter



Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 143
Walter
sleepsleep,

your ideas point us in good directions.

now, how do we sell it
Post 07 Sep 2016, 07:53
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17248
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
Walter wrote:
now, how do we sell it[?]
Make it free and sell the user's data to everyone that wants it. And to double the user's enjoyment also place obnoxious on-top bandwidth-hogging ads at every opportunity. The users won't care because it is free, and free stuff is the best stuff. Twisted Evil
Post 07 Sep 2016, 08:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Walter



Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 143
Walter
rev,

You are complete evil (in a know-it-all sort of way).

> sell the user's data to everyone that wants it

That's why windows 10 was free.

And those ads ... Don't get me started.

At least our children (great career) can earn 65,000+ a year doing javascript.
Too bad a first year k-12 teacher earns aprox 30k.

But when you you say "free", is there anyway to convince people it is not?
Post 07 Sep 2016, 08:37
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Walter wrote:
sleepsleep,

your ideas point us in good directions.

now, how do we sell it

not really sure what you mean by my ideas? and how do we sell it, i need some elaboration from you before i could reply,

revolution wrote:
Make it free and sell the user's data to everyone that wants it. And to double the user's enjoyment also place obnoxious on-top bandwidth-hogging ads at every opportunity. The users won't care because it is free, and free stuff is the best stuff.

apps could be made free or charged, is like one could sing a song free for anyone, or charge somebody first before he sings a song,

they can place ads, because this might be the only way that particular apps could earn some income, maybe they let user choose to receive video ads or image ads, probably earn some bitcoin if they allow video ads,

users might care if they knew how serious the whole craziness are happening, they are aware about their limited technical knowledge and most probably they will leave it to professional who know more about that particular stuffs,

in a metaphoric way, a layman cannot win an argument against a priest, mullah, pope, kohen etc when communicate about religion,

shit happens when those professional think, it is ok to have such craziness around Laughing Laughing Laughing

i think this, back to a raw question,
- who can judge
- what factors, procedures must be taken for a judgement
- when to judge
- why to judge

there are always excuses, eg, we will release a better privacy options in next version, we will do this or that to please you in future, etc

but when is enough is enough? idk Laughing

my mind just open another pandora box, need more time to think about this, Laughing
Post 07 Sep 2016, 09:04
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
cordova running inside emulator, seems nice, i might try reading more about this

Image
Post 07 Sep 2016, 09:38
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
09th September 2016

- after some revo on google, i think i iwill use jquery mobile for what i intend to develop

- a swing theme i made, using http://themeroller.jquerymobile.com/

Image

- i actually wanted to try android new material design interface, but couldn't find any good resources that easily tweakable, maybe next time
Post 09 Sep 2016, 01:54
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Angular 2 Tutorial for Beginners: Learn Angular 2 from Scratch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-CD_5YhJTA

backed by google, perhaps should see what it provides first,

scary stuff, how simple thing made complex by google,

common sense lost,

in html, we got tag, every <tag> must end with equal <tag> , so, how we tell computer which one is start, which one is end if they are exactly the same, so they decide, you put a "/" </tag> to signify it is ends

<tag>
<id>my id</id>
<color>my color</color>
<style>my style</style>
</tag>

too much to type, why don't we short-cut them, Laughing
<tag id="my id" color="my color" style="my style"><tag>

go extreme and skip the end tag too,
<tag id="my id" color="my color" style="my style" />

rules keep on changing to suit certain parties and agendas, but how we determine/justify which new rules/changes bring evolution and which one bring devolution?

be it political, corporate, business, school, personal relationship, etc changes,

on what basis we measure those changes? another pandora box, Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Moore's law refers to an observation made by Intel co-founder Gordon Moore in 1965. He noticed that the number of transistors per square inch on integrated circuits had doubled every year since their invention. Moore's law predicts that this trend will continue into the foreseeable future.

this is one good example,

the most important thing in software is variable, and what we do to variables,

- we could imagine infinite ways how to assign something to variables,

- we use symbol and bind values into it, like our writing system,

- is writing more words giving others better ideas?

- or art in matching and combine symbols?

- wrting and talking equal to subconscious programming?

- i can feel a lot of my body sensors but only think about one thing at a time,

- the body, our body works by default rules, if i want to eat that piece of cake, my hand will go and grab it, if it is cover, i will stand up and go open it,

- data retrieval seems almost instant if they are on ssd, might need more time to retrieve not so focus experiences, and data loss if very not so focus experiences,

- i open the windows to view what outside the windows,


Last edited by sleepsleep on 09 Sep 2016, 10:17; edited 1 time in total
Post 09 Sep 2016, 08:53
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TmX



Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 821
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
TmX
You're planning to use JS for Android development?
Good luck with that.

I'll just stick with Java Razz
Post 09 Sep 2016, 09:55
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
TmX wrote:
You're planning to use JS for Android development?
Good luck with that.

I'll just stick with Java Razz

yah, poking crosswalk, this one allow you to utilize a up to date modern webview that sweats more html5 Laughing

https://crosswalk-project.org/

i realize something i wrote long time ago,

- almost all human actions derived from beliefs, some actions are whatever that fit to execute in panic situation,

- beliefs is very important business,

- and that is the reason why people don't drink their hot coffee one shot,

- we try to skip pain, and rush to pleasure,

- pleasure is a negative counter, get one is +1, but after that is -3

- skipping pain is -0 +0, because it is obvious choice, but once you got pain, -1, you get +5 later

- belief is a judgement, based on experiences and etc know how, why, and resulted in a probability possibility that this is what and it gonna respond like this when i kick it,

- belief is personal, all depend on allocated experiences,

- we cannot judge our current belief, we could only reflect, judge our past belief and measure what we are holding now at this moment,

- changes always a result of evolve or devolve, or a subtle changes which carry tiny bit of result,

- what the underlying beliefs in every actions,

- do we keep on finding ways or new info to disprove our beliefs, or put ourselves into situation that requires or forces us to really question and witness our beliefs?

- couple, married, having a house, car, a job, etc, all kinds of belief that culture ( group / groups of beliefs that roughly the same which could be considered as same )

- culture is religion, but they don't focus on answering all unknown,
Post 11 Sep 2016, 13:49
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
12th September 2016

the incomplete story of a wandering man realizing things
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1136402/pg1

Quote:
I would like to tell the story of a struggling yet unwavering and determined man. His family is a mixture of ethnicities, predominantly Irish, Sicilian and native american. Old money within his family does not exist, however many of his family members are self made and successful. They believe that personal responsibility combined with a strong faith in Jesus will ensure success, and that if you are to fail or become overburdened they will not offer help, instead they'll beat the drums of ," sounds like a personal problem" or even," struggle builds character". All the while these ideas and life philosophies preached ad touted as undeniable facts, were chipping away at the existential comfort that was provided to him through the sacred faith established between parent and child.


One day this man became homeless after attempting suicide, at that time he only wished to forget the pain of his past and so he left. ....
Post 12 Sep 2016, 01:03
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
TmX wrote:
You're planning to use JS for Android development?
Good luck with that.

I'll just stick with Java Razz


hi TmX, how you protect your apk java source from apk decompiler?
Post 13 Sep 2016, 03:13
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17248
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
... how you protect your apk java source from apk decompiler?
Rolling Eyes You can't. Don't waste your time even trying. For every week you spend trying to make the DRM, someone else only has to spend one minute to undo it.
Post 13 Sep 2016, 04:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TmX



Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 821
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
TmX
sleepsleep wrote:

hi TmX, how you protect your apk java source from apk decompiler?


hi sleepsleep,

I don't obsuscate my Android apps because they are internal-use only. :p
But I also write a few Java desktop apps, and before handing them to the client, obfuscation has to be done. I usually use ProGuard.
Post 13 Sep 2016, 04:31
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
TmX wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:

hi TmX, how you protect your apk java source from apk decompiler?


hi sleepsleep,

I don't obsuscate my Android apps because they are internal-use only. :p
But I also write a few Java desktop apps, and before handing them to the client, obfuscation has to be done. I usually use ProGuard.


hi TmX,
thanks for your reply, could you share me your proguard rules file?

so far, almost every apk i feed into http://www.javadecompilers.com/ returned me java file and hybrid apps return all html, js etc Shocked
Post 13 Sep 2016, 09:12
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 243, 244, 245  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar.

Powered by rwasa.