flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 244, 245, 246  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
a conclusion,

do my part well, upgrade myself internally and externally,

keep on worrying wouldnt help much in short or long term,
since there is nothing much i could do to face the unknown,

prepare myself equal finding the way to tao,

no point to carry so much people, things, and events,

if by treating every human as father or mother could help in journey, then be it,

whether reincarnation exists or not, it just the same level question where everybody coming from?

if by assuming everybody is fathrer and mother could help in my journey, then why not, more input then only i coudl process and produce other conclusion,
Post 07 Sep 2018, 16:11
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
saw some old photos,
then i realized, time have gone so fast, it been years,

but then this is how everything is so impermanent,

the current i probably prefer i could have access to all memories, but in another changes of i,
i probably prefer everything is gone, like a new formatted hard drive,

well, idk,

probably there are valid reason why anyone who come here must have their memories wipe off, idk, this level of question is equal to where everybody coming from too,

the decision is, step by step, prepare myself,
Post 07 Sep 2018, 16:30
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
this actually bother me a lot,

when something is weird, but somehow you don't find it weird and sort of accepted that idea, phenomena, event,

then for me, this is more serious and weird,

Joe Rogan - Elon Musk on Artificial Intelligence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra3fv8gl6NE

he sounds serious, probably scared, and probably elon is alien?
Post 08 Sep 2018, 04:15
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i found this weird somehow,

the power of language, especially the what, why, when, how, who, etc

and is it possible to show such meaning in mathematics? in pure numbers?

it just so weird, how such concepts init in a human conscious, is it without such word, such concept couldnt and wouldnt exists?

what i could conclude is, if maths couldnt shows such meaning, then there exists another form of meaning transmission beside maths, idk what is that, but i believe it is there,

what move the eip, Laughing

~

something to refresh from elon podcast,
https://www.space.com/41749-elon-musk-living-in-simulation-rogan-podcast.html

reasons to build simulation,

- controlled environment,

- too boring outside there (claimed by elon),

- to fulfill desire of creation and becoming god in their own simulation, like renting a vps and run what you want inside, all base belong to us,

- build with the idea to understand more about their own reality,

- build to save themselves, their reality already half destroyed and the only way to save the environment and themselves is to escape into simulation and let the nature heal the environment back,

it just insane and weird why i could realize i,
Post 09 Sep 2018, 05:20
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:

Yes. All of our communication here on this board is by pure numbers. Our computers convert the numbers into glyphs for us to read.
Post 09 Sep 2018, 11:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DimonSoft

DimonSoft
revolution wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:

Yes. All of our communication here on this board is by pure numbers. Our computers convert the numbers into glyphs for us to read.

You’re cheating. They show the representation, not the semantics Smile
Post 09 Sep 2018, 12:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
How about the much touted AI being able to glean semantic meaning? That is all numbers passing around inside digital computers.
Post 09 Sep 2018, 12:27
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
@revolution,

i should be extra detail, sorry,
i mean using only numbers, 0 to 9, addition and minus, is it possible to let wh arise from number only,

because it seems that meaning is given instead of it arises itself,
Post 09 Sep 2018, 12:44
revolution

revolution
You can construct languages using any arbitrary symbols you want. 0 and 1. 0 through 9. A through Z. etc. But all languages are only representations of meaning. They are not the meaning itself. If you consider a foreign language that you don't understand, then it has no meaning to you. Languages only have meaning by convention, it is not an intrinsic property of the symbols.
Post 09 Sep 2018, 12:55
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
my issue is, in the beginning, there could only be 1 and 0, and through mixing these, we came to current,

so sometime in the process, meaning arises, but how?

so far, i am hanging with the idea, meaning are given, which mean they don't and can't arise by themselves through numbers,

but in the beginning, there is no meaning, then how meaning exists?

numbers is concept, and the processes with numbers also a concept, does both concept capable to let wh arise?
Post 09 Sep 2018, 13:10
revolution

revolution
What is "wh"?
Post 09 Sep 2018, 13:14
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
what, why, how, when, who, etc wh questions
Post 09 Sep 2018, 13:22
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1217680/pg1
discussion regarding elon musk, ai,

elon mentioned something about interface, and the fact that we all are more powerful when we got a smartphone, sort of extending our capabilities, and we are cyborg by this definition, Smile

and the issue with slow and limited bandwidth to connect us and everybody,
Post 09 Sep 2018, 13:28
revolution

revolution
The meanings are assigned by us (humans) to the symbols. And different peoples/cultures/populations can assign different meanings to the same symbols.
Post 09 Sep 2018, 13:30
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
but how the meaning arise on us when our physical self are no different from 1 and 0?

let focus on the wh meaning that arise, how they arise in the beginning, when there is nothing to assign meaning?
Post 09 Sep 2018, 13:39
DimonSoft

DimonSoft
Aren’t the concepts of object (what), reason (why), way to do something (how), time (when), person (who) non-portable? I mean different hardware architectures might have different set of the basic concepts. Consider amoebas or aliens.
Post 09 Sep 2018, 14:43
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
DimonSoft wrote:
Aren’t the concepts of object (what), reason (why), way to do something (how), time (when), person (who) non-portable? I mean different hardware architectures might have different set of the basic concepts. Consider amoebas or aliens.

@DimonSoft, hi,
Care to explain what you mean by non-portable?

Different architecture probably got different set of basic concepts, but most likely i believe they just differ in naming of the concept, the functionality of the concept would remain roughly the same with tiny tweaks,

eg, in arm or x86, mips or etc architecture or jit, the concepts still there, with different mechanism on how it works, steps to calculate the results,

and any conscious who upgraded with capability to build a simulator, most likely have discovered the concept of wh,

the wh are powerful concept, but why we couldn't discover another wh type concept, are these concept limited, have we discovered the whole wh?
Post 10 Sep 2018, 09:05
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i got a dream, woke up, and realize another idea,

why we got no memories of past lives if reincarnation is how things work,

maybe the system want to protect us? idk, but how far the system willing to protect us?

no doubt babies are fragile,

even when we are inside the mother's womb, we are quite fragile, but we could see, there are mechanism there to care us, probably a limited one, idk,

are we having those protective mechanism through evolution? should i doubt why there seem to be a limit in evolution?

memory is a scary thing,

because the life we been through, we have a different perspective now on how we value things, people and events, now,

the idea of having those memories mix or integrate with current one, might be fatal and cause us to become insane, but in another perspective, how real are those memories, should i doubt the accuracy, authenticity and validity of those memories?

if the system could let me have it in such a way that i have zero doubt, am not sure that is good idea or bad,

how i know those are not planted ideas?

scary stuff,

does the processor feel scary when we watch demonic or brutal killing movie? does the processor feel happy when we play comedy or etc love songs?

idk,

the processor have no way to choose what movie we play, it just stream into ram, memories, start processing, omg,
Post 10 Sep 2018, 09:52
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
if you take a look,

all our knowledge are expanded from wh,

a new wh most likely create a totally new field in our knowledge,
Post 10 Sep 2018, 10:02
DimonSoft

DimonSoft
sleepsleep wrote:
@DimonSoft, hi,
Care to explain what you mean by non-portable?

Different architecture probably got different set of basic concepts, but most likely i believe they just differ in naming of the concept, the functionality of the concept would remain roughly the same with tiny tweaks,

eg, in arm or x86, mips or etc architecture or jit, the concepts still there, with different mechanism on how it works, steps to calculate the results,

and any conscious who upgraded with capability to build a simulator, most likely have discovered the concept of wh,

the wh are powerful concept, but why we couldn't discover another wh type concept, are these concept limited, have we discovered the whole wh?

That’s an interesting point. But I’d say the computer architectures are not relevant here since they’re created by creatures of the same architecture. Another form of life would have probably created a completely different set of computer hardware. Not even mentioning that ternary computing or quantum computing could have / might bring completely different set of algorithms. Well, the tasks being solved would be the same but that’s also a consequence of the fact that those tasks are formulated by the same creatures.
Post 10 Sep 2018, 18:26

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 244, 245, 246  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: