flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 243, 244, 245  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
the house is on fire, and people still arguing, what to take first, which door to open,
Yeah, people have no sense of urgency. But when the house does not belong to the people, why would they care about the fire?

You are about to fully own a house; that's why you care about the impending fire.

Wink
Post 04 Sep 2017, 04:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i guess most people own a physical body, and that is our only house,
Post 04 Sep 2017, 05:06
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
i guess most people own a physical body, and that is our only house,
I wish that our only house could shelter us from the devastating power of a typhoon.

Can it?

Wink
Post 04 Sep 2017, 05:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
YONG wrote:

First, a great deal of medical resources would be needed to keep a man immortal (assuming that it could be done).

this could be solved, since the method to longevity will keeps on advance too, (like processor)

YONG wrote:

Second, I have pointed out earlier that immortality could have grave consequences to human evolution.

what is the final evolution of human? human become ...?

YONG wrote:

Third, issues of intellectual and cultural stagnation, which is closely linked to the lack of human evolution,

Is the age of scientific discovery ending?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/8020211/Is-the-age-of-scientific-discovery-ending.html

The Stroke of Genius Strikes Later in Modern Life
https://www.livescience.com/16911-scientific-breakthroughs-genius-aging.html
Quote:

"The age at which scientists make important contributions is getting older over time," Weinberg told LiveScience.
Post 04 Sep 2017, 05:18
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
what is the final evolution of human? human become ...?
There should NOT be any "final" state in evolution; that is the point. Species should keep evolving so that they always remain fit and thus can perfectly adapt to the changing environment.

Wink
Post 04 Sep 2017, 07:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1466
Furs
YONG wrote:
"Indefinitely" simply means "for an unspecified period of time". Many people wrongly think that it means "forever".
How long is an "unspecified period of time"?

Can it be 1 second? If so, then no matter what happens it's a non-issue.
What about an eternity? Nope, all life (on Earth) will end by then.

So yes, definition is absurd or shall I say, "unspecified".

YONG wrote:
First, a great deal of medical resources would be needed to keep a man immortal (assuming that it could be done).
They're not your resources so what are you getting at? (and it's an assumption, anyway)

If he has money to spend on it, it's his money and he can do what he wants with it. Also, I bet the resources required will be smaller than it takes to grow up a newborn to adulthood.

YONG wrote:
Second, I have pointed out earlier that immortality could have grave consequences to human evolution. Yeah, I know, someone would come along and say, "Human evolution is no longer needed." Is that true?
Here we go again. You point out and I debunked it. But no, you think claiming and pointing stuff out makes it absolute. Sorry to break it to you, it doesn't. And clearly you ignore my debunks and continue believing whatever you're preaching, thinking it's an argument no matter how anyone says it is a non-issue. Hmm sounds like a certain class of people I know.

YONG wrote:
Third, issues of intellectual and cultural stagnation, which is closely linked to the lack of human evolution, would definitely arise.
This is new, I admit. Cultural stagnation? The future is globalization. So that's not even an issue, only for people who want to cling to their cultures.

Well sure, it's an issue to them but nobody forces them to be immortal. Humans are individuals after all.

Of course people who love culture are butthurt that most younger people couldn't care less about it and would rather choose globalization or immortality or whatever, at the expense of culture. They call it a "disaster", just like how tyrants call freeing slaves a disaster.

Guess what? Maybe they need to stop indoctrinating them into their stupid culture. It's their life to choose whatever they want to do with it. If the culture dies out, is what we call "free choice" just like how products die off in a "free market". Period.

Only fanatics (because culture is no different than religion in this respect, whether you like it or not) would call "free choice" an "issue" if it goes against what they want. And they do, all the time.
Post 04 Sep 2017, 14:40
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
YONG wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
i guess most people own a physical body, and that is our only house,
I wish that our only house could shelter us from the devastating power of a typhoon.

Can it?

Wink

our mind inside our house surely have no limit to design a better casing for our house, Embarassed

maybe most of us already been conditioned to ignore such sense of urgency, Laughing
Post 04 Sep 2017, 14:49
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
sleepsleep wrote:
back to the idea, what we did in the past 24 hours to increase our lifespan? support towards humanity? positive values? knowledge and attitude? outer space travel and living? etc

what we collect for the past 24 hours? and what we let go for the past 24 hours?


important question, seriously worth ponder, Smile
Post 04 Sep 2017, 14:53
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1466
Furs
You mean, what have we done the past 24 hours to extend our lifetime?
Post 04 Sep 2017, 17:04
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17248
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
Furs wrote:
You mean, what have we done the past 24 hours to extend our lifetime?
If you breathe air and eat food then you have taken action to extend your lifetime. If you stopped doing those things then you have taken action of terminate your lifetime.
Post 04 Sep 2017, 18:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
How long is an "unspecified period of time"?
Well, since it is unspecified, we can't say for certain. Mull the context over and then make a sensible interpretation.

Wink
Post 05 Sep 2017, 04:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
They're not your resources so what are you getting at? (and it's an assumption, anyway)
I can't follow your logic.

We were talking about the implications of immortality on the carrying capacity of the planet.

The production of medical supplies that keep a man immortal definitely consumes some -- probably a lot -- of the finite resources of the planet.

(Just take a look at the plot of the sci-fi movie Jupiter Ascending (2015) and you will understand that it takes a huge number of lives to keep just a few people immortal.)

Are you implying that we need not care about it as long as we are not consuming our own/personal resources? Rolling Eyes

Your logic sounds kind of strange.

Confused
Post 05 Sep 2017, 04:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
I debunked it. ... And clearly you ignore my debunks and continue believing whatever you're preaching ...
Did you?

If so, our discussions on the "immortality" thing would have come to an end. How come there are still so many outstanding issues on the table?

Return to reality, please!

Exclamation
Post 05 Sep 2017, 05:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
This is new, I admit. Cultural stagnation?
Nope. It is not new. I gave the link to the article like THREE days ago. Refer to:

https://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=199408#199408

Of course, you just ignored it.

Exclamation
Post 05 Sep 2017, 05:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
The future is globalization. So that's not even an issue, only for people who want to cling to their cultures.
If you are not good at a certain topic, don't pretend that you are an expert on it.

Just take a look at the following UNESCO link:

Culture for Sustainable Development
http://www.unesco.org/new/en/culture/themes/culture-and-development/the-future-we-want-the-role-of-culture/globalization-and-culture/

Quote:
The current era of globalization ... is having a homogenizing influence on local culture. ...

Balancing the benefits of integrating into a globalized world against protecting the uniqueness of local culture requires a careful approach. Placing culture at the heart of development policies does not mean to confine and fix it in a conservative way, but on the contrary to invest in the potential of local resources, knowledge, skills and materials to foster creativity and sustainable progress. Recognition and respect for the diversity of cultures also creates the conditions for mutual understanding, dialogue and peace.


See, how radical your argument is!

Yeah, I know what you are going to say: I am "appealing to authority". Sigh!

Exclamation
Post 05 Sep 2017, 05:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
our mind inside our house surely have no limit to design a better casing for our house, Embarassed
I wish that the better casing could withstand the devastating power of a typhoon. Otherwise, ...

Wink
Post 05 Sep 2017, 05:28
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
important question, seriously worth ponder, Smile
I would rather ponder how to earn some Bitcoins!

Wink
Post 05 Sep 2017, 05:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8867
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
YONG wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
important question, seriously worth ponder, Smile
I would rather ponder how to earn some Bitcoins!

Wink


well, enjoy your journey to the bit, Wink

Furs wrote:
You mean, what have we done the past 24 hours to extend our lifetime?

yah, it was a reminder to constantly review our 24 hours, because that might be our last 24 hours, Idea

6th September 2017
- there are so many noises can keep on trapping our focus,

- if i don't feel that sense of urgency in dream, does it means, my dream self already knew conscious is something that exists forever?

- is the dream self equal to my now conscious self? idk

- searching and keep on searching, conscious equal to non stop bits processing, Laughing
Post 05 Sep 2017, 17:59
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1466
Furs
YONG wrote:
Of course, you just ignored it.
Why are you even surprised I ignored it when you ignored my story with ZONG/Murs which is 10 times shorter? Rolling Eyes

(I didn't actually ignore it though, I just dislike stuff that's not straight to the god damn point, so probably missed it)

YONG wrote:
See, how radical your argument is!
No. I don't. The thing you even quoted says everything. Stop assuming everyone shares your *opinion* on culture "diversity". That article is just as retarded, it assumes culture "diversity" or "uniqueness" is something factually good, but it's not, it's just an opinion.

Of course it's a free opinion, but it's not a universal problem if people ignore it. It's their choice. Holy shit, how self-entitled some people think their opinions are just because they like them or think they're needed. And you have the audacity to tell ME that I'm "deciding things arbitrarily"? Please. Rolling Eyes

If you want to preserve culture diversity, then do it yourself or with people who agree with you. For those who don't care, it's not a problem whatsoever, and nothing forces YOU to be immortal if you don't like it. Stop indoctrinating people and forcing YOUR problems on others who don't CARE about them.

And no, impact on planet is one thing because it affects all of us (and not only, but other lifeforms as well). Culture value is JUST an opinion. If it dies because nobody cares about it, then so be it, it means it sucks that's why nobody cares about it.

Free market and all.

So, culture diversity is not a universal problem in the slightest, therefore it's not an issue at all. Personally if all cultural diversities disappear overnight I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest. Not my problem and all.

I'm not the one forcing my views and indoctrinating others about the "value" of something superficial though.
Post 05 Sep 2017, 19:01
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
... you ignored my story with ZONG/Murs ...
Nope. I did not ignore it. I said that your fictional story was too long for me; I asked you to directly give me its moral.

Wink
Post 06 Sep 2017, 05:28
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 243, 244, 245  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar.

Powered by rwasa.