flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 251, 252, 253  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
in front of death, everything seems so tiny, everything seems so meaningless, Smile

it is hard to even break 100, minus current age, the time leave is so little,

when we are young, we thought about basketball, playing, games, dreams, girls,

everyday without worries, there are lots of things to steal your focus away if you are upset or feeling down,

death never crosses our mind, as if we could live forever,

we grow day by day, more shits lurking inside our mind, death,

and you saw your uncles, aunties, father and mother having white hair now,

eventually, you will have white hair too if you are lucky,

this whole aging thing, a bug, big one,


Last edited by sleepsleep on 02 Sep 2017, 06:46; edited 1 time in total
Post 02 Sep 2017, 06:27
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
you're the one who said that immortality is a problem
Apart from the concern over the carrying capacity of the planet, am I the only person here that bothers to consider the social, economical, and political consequences of immortality? Rolling Eyes

Refer to:

Immortality and Society
http://www.senescence.info/immortal_society.html

Quote:
probably the greatest problem with curing aging is not overpopulation but the cultural or intellectual stagnation of humankind

How about the impact of immortality on human evolution?

How Gene Editing Could Ruin Human Evolution
http://time.com/4626571/crispr-gene-modification-evolution/


We should just ignore all such concerns, shouldn't we? Rolling Eyes

Immortality is a good thing, and good things should be allowed -- according to Furs.

Wink
Post 02 Sep 2017, 06:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
... mine is called Logic.

Your anti-logic is ...
As always, my arguments make no sense and are labelled "anti-logic"; your arguments, on the other hand, make perfect sense and are labelled "logic".

Thanks for pointing out such an obvious fact.

Wink
Post 02 Sep 2017, 06:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
and you saw your uncles, aunties, father and mother having white hair now,

eventually, you will have white hair too if you are lucky,
I have white hair, too -- not much, for now.

Wink
Post 02 Sep 2017, 06:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
in front of illness, cancer, pain, suffering, torture, bully, lack of monies and necessities,

paralyzed and unable to settle things on your own,

more and more sickness kicking in,

this is not enlightenment, this is fact thay we can't do anything to be forever,

you should let go the idea being around forever? it causes worry?

the candle about to end, and everywhere you see is darkness,

this realization will drag into another life as long as you are conscious,

if you could die on earth and become conscious in another realm, you probably could die in that realm too and appear in another realm,

there are so many human dead already, so many, so many chickens and fishes, ants, etc animals, they are all gone,

where are they?

what is this game?

you woke up in another realm, still wondering, what is this game?
Post 02 Sep 2017, 08:43
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
So poetic! You actually have some talent in writing.

Wink
Post 02 Sep 2017, 08:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
recalled back the past 24 hours, what we have done on humanity, on prolong our lifespan, on traveling to outer-space, to moon, to mars, to anywhere we want,

most of us don't care, we just do our own stuffs, and suddenly death welcome us, then only we realize, our candle about to end,

and we absolutely have zero sense of urgency, Laughing zero yeah,

we have near zero respect to people who hold knowledge, in fact, singers, pop stars, athletes, actors, politicians, etc, they hold higher place compare to real guys/gals who hold knowledge,

and people who hold knowledge become so proud of themselves and their mind become so narrow that it can't fits anything else beyond what they thought is impossible,

beside making us happy and more ego, probably feel more better than others, what is the point of wining every arguments? Laughing Embarassed

our heartbeat could resigns anytime, and we seems to be okay with that, Laughing
zero sense of urgency, Laughing Laughing Laughing

YONG wrote:

Immortality and Society
http://www.senescence.info/immortal_society.html

this is very good blog, thanks a lot! he made lots of excellent points,

check
http://www.senescence.info/physical_immortality_myths.html

Quote:
Overall, catastrophic overpopulation concerns due to a cure for aging are exaggerated. Curing aging may aggravate overpopulation issues in some regions of the world, but this will take decades and must be considered together with technological advances in other areas that are impossible to predict. Fears of overpopulation are not a valid reason to reject curing aging, or any other medical breakthrough that extends lifespan for that matter.
Post 02 Sep 2017, 12:22
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
our heartbeat could resigns anytime, and we seems to be okay with that, Laughing
zero sense of urgency, Laughing Laughing Laughing
For poor people like me, there is practically nothing to care for/about. If the inevitable knocks on the door, so be it.

For rich people or the middle class like you, there are lots of things to care for/about. That's why you feel some sense of urgency and seek ways to live forever.

Wink
Post 02 Sep 2017, 12:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1489
Furs
YONG wrote:
Apart from the concern over the carrying capacity of the planet, am I the only person here that bothers to consider the social, economical, and political consequences of immortality? Rolling Eyes
Why should anyone care about such consequences when they don't contribute to those problems? It's up to the people who cause the problems to fix them.

Your mentality of "innocent people fix society's mess even though they haven't done anything to create that mess" is disgusting. Humans are individuals, not a hive-mind or a collective-mind, and I personally don't give a shit about cleaning others' mess and being punished the same.

I couldn't care less that other people drink while driving and that it creates a problem. Punish them or take away this right from them, leave others which have nothing to do with it OUT OF IT.

YONG wrote:
As always, my arguments make no sense and are labelled "anti-logic"; your arguments, on the other hand, make perfect sense and are labelled "logic".
Trying to punish everyone for the acts of some is anti-logic.

And no, we shouldn't "ignore" these things. Unfortunately, you're not able to understand simple logic here: the causer of the mess cleans it up, or loses rights to cause any more of that mess.

Drunk driving? Lose right to drive or to drink (either of them solves the problem)
Breeding while immortal? Lose right to breed or to remain immortal (either of them solves the problem)

Driving sober? No problem, full rights remain.
Immortal and not breeding? No problem, full rights remain.

It is, really, as simple as that. It's not my subjective "arbitrary" decision, as you love to put it. Rolling Eyes It's undeniable basic and fair logic.
Post 02 Sep 2017, 14:26
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
YONG wrote:

For poor people like me, there is practically nothing to care for/about. If the inevitable knocks on the door, so be it.

everybody came empty handed, and if we leave, we leave with empty hand too, (maybe),

i am concern about my own conscious, my existence, regardless of what i have, even if i am having just enough, i will still ponder about my own existence,

well, the sense of urgency kicks in because i saw how easy people getting cancers, illness, operation, ward, chemotherapy, high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney failures, heart attack, and more,

is like the maze is huge, very huge, but the time available to solve this puzzle is so limited,

and people accept death like, a normal event, Laughing
Post 02 Sep 2017, 14:46
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
3rd September 2017

- another 2 girls in a room, still can't recognize who they are, but the room seems familiar, it was wooden based, spacious, well lit, maybe sky light blue,

- all these memories is like ghost in the shell, Laughing

- it is sunday here, about to reach 12 pm,

Furs wrote:
the causer of the mess cleans it up, or loses rights to cause any more of that mess.

define mess, define problems,

what is standard, whose standard will become standard because it will causes others standard to become non-standard,
Post 03 Sep 2017, 03:46
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- another 2 girls in a room, still can't recognize who they are, but the room seems familiar, it was wooden based, spacious, well lit, maybe sky light blue
What did the girls do to you? The forum members want to know!

Wink
Post 03 Sep 2017, 04:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
if we leave, we leave with empty hand too, (maybe)
Not really. When we depart, we depart with the understanding that what life is all about. Besides, many of us will leave behind something, such as the commentless, densely-packed source code of an assembly compiler, a 100,000-word sci-fi novel that no-one bothers to read, a really-long message board thread about the potential danger of browsing the Internet with JS enabled, and so forth. I would not call it "empty-handed".

Wink


Last edited by YONG on 03 Sep 2017, 04:28; edited 1 time in total
Post 03 Sep 2017, 04:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i can't recall back, but it seems like the meet up is a brief moment, in fact, the sense of time hardly synchronize between dream state and after wake up,
Post 03 Sep 2017, 04:25
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
i can't recall back, but it seems like the meet up is a brief moment,
A lot of things could have happened in such a brief moment. Tell us the details!

Wink
Post 03 Sep 2017, 04:27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
YONG wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
if we leave, we leave with empty hand too, (maybe)
Not really. When we depart, we depart with the understanding that what life is all about. Besides, many of us will leave behind something, such as the commentless, densely-packed source code of an assembly compiler, a 100,000-words sci-fi novel that no-one bothers to read, a really-long message board thread about the potential danger of browsing the Internet with JS enabled, and so forth. I would not call it "empty-handed".

Wink

provided that we could somehow regain conscious after death, which so far, nobody really know,

we surely leave some stuffs on earth as you said, what a weird game,
Post 03 Sep 2017, 04:28
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
Why should anyone care about such consequences when they don't contribute to those problems?
Yes, they do! They are the ones who, according to you, would be qualified to lead an immortal life. Obviously, they contribute to the unfavorable consequences of immortality.

Wink
Post 03 Sep 2017, 04:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
provided that we could somehow regain conscious after death,
I am talking about the very moment of departure. At that moment, some of us can leave with a smile because we, at least, have found out what life is all about. (Of course, many others, at that moment, would just yell, "No! I don't want to die! I want to live forever!" And then everything just goes pitch-black.)

Wink
Post 03 Sep 2017, 04:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
I personally don't give a shit about cleaning others' mess
Just like you "could not care less what is accepted or not".

See, that is arrogance!

Wink
Post 03 Sep 2017, 04:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
the causer of the mess cleans it up, or loses rights to cause any more of that mess
Really? Rolling Eyes

I really don't want to use the adjective "naive" to describe your argument, but you leave me no choice.

Refer to:

United States withdrawal from the Paris Agreement
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_withdrawal_from_the_Paris_Agreement

(Yeah, it is about Trump -- a politician that, you think, has the guts to actually do something.)

The U.S. Is the Biggest Carbon Polluter in History. It Just Walked Away From the Paris Climate Deal.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/01/climate/us-biggest-carbon-polluter-in-history-will-it-walk-away-from-the-paris-climate-deal.html?mcubz=1

See, the primary causer of the mess does not bother to clean it up, and even keeps causing more of the mess.

What can you do about it? What can the rest of the world do about it? Rolling Eyes

See, how naive your argument is!

Exclamation
Post 03 Sep 2017, 05:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 251, 252, 253  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on YouTube, Twitter.

Website powered by rwasa.