flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Furs

Furs
YONG wrote:
Could have been GIMPped instead of Photoshopped!

Seriously, the photos look a bit pixelated probably because of resolution downsizing. The original images taken by the ISS must have way higher resolution than those shown on the webpage.

Wink
I was actually fully joking with that statement. Smile

The black thing is so cool. I can imagine pranking so many less knowledgeable people about "Black Holes" with it.
Post 26 Aug 2017, 11:03
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
28th August 2017

- we are officially near the end of august, prepare your monies because it is time to bank in your rental and everything else, Wink

- i thought about this just now, why we separate user id and password?

- why we couldn't combine them with one pre-set character of separation (in control panel)?

- example user id is sleepsleep and password is the famous 123456

- so instead of 2 textboxes which i need to tab (the fastest way) or using mouse focus on another textbox and click, i could complete them in one line,

- so my login string would be sleepsleep>123456 assume > is used as separator, maybe default we could use [space]

YONG wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
yah, a single photo, Laughing
A photo is worth a thousand words!
Wink

maybe they are photojobbing the video, Wink
a single photo for such event is unacceptable,

there are too much clouds to photojob into accuracy, because there are almost hundred thousands pictures took on earth during that day, Laughing
Post 27 Aug 2017, 19:08
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
- i thought about this just now, why we separate user id and password?

- why we couldn't combine them with one pre-set character of separation (in control panel)?

- example user id is sleepsleep and password is the famous 123456

- so instead of 2 textboxes which i need to tab (the fastest way) or using mouse focus on another textbox and click, i could complete them in one line,

- so my login string would be sleepsleep>123456 assume > is used as separator, maybe default we could use [space]
Pressing [space] and [tab] is almost the same effort and time so I see very little difference between the two. If you use > then it is worse to type than [tab]. Plus things like obscuring the password with * is much more difficult to code. Plus it precludes user names with [space] or >. But perhaps the worst part is that people will hate you for changing things that they have become familiar with.
Post 27 Aug 2017, 19:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i think [space] is easier to press, it is longer and bigger Laughing, and could be done by left or right fingers almost effortlessly, Wink

revolution wrote:
Plus things like obscuring the password with * is much more difficult to code.

i was thinking about making the whole input textbox as password, so everything will become **************** as if username is part of password,

revolution wrote:
But perhaps the worst part is that people will hate you for changing things that they have become familiar with.

probably they will love the changes,
people hate divorce at first, but see, they both are more happier after that, Laughing Wink
Post 27 Aug 2017, 19:33
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i tried new things, microsoft dotnet core 2.0 Wink came with telemetry Wink (download linux sdk binaries)

https://github.com/dotnet/core/blob/master/release-notes/download-archives/2.0.0-download.md

if you prefer to stay anonymous, make sure printenv has this line

DOTNET_CLI_TELEMETRY_OPTOUT=1

does ms conform to your decision? seriously idk,

mkdir app
cd app
dotnet new console
dotnet run
dotnet public -c Release -o out
dotnet out/app.dll

pretty cool i say,
Post 27 Aug 2017, 22:36
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
But perhaps the worst part is that people will hate you for changing things that they have become familiar with.
But people also hate you for NOT changing things that truly need to be changed. For example, one of the mods refused to split a thread in which the primary focus of the discussions had already been shifted to something else. Guess who?

Confused
Post 28 Aug 2017, 02:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
29th August 2017

- freaking fast, we need ai to find cures and enable us to live forever, Wink

- idk why people don't want to live forever, Laughing but everyone is free to choose what they prefer, i am ok with that,

- being conscious and experiencing life, feeling all the changes around us, pondering and wondering 24 hours, thinking of other possibilities, imagine all the impossible,

- where is my ai partner(s), i need you now, we will discover cures and live forever, Wink

- it is 6:37 AM here, sun will shines soon on my side, enjoy your life and take care,
Post 28 Aug 2017, 22:40
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- idk why people don't want to live forever, Laughing but everyone is free to choose what they prefer, i am ok with that,
Yeah, we should live forever. There are unlimited resources to support the ever-growing population. No-one needs to die; eternal happiness for everyone.

Wink
Post 29 Aug 2017, 02:06
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
there are lots of resources, beyond earth, moon, mars, etc, we just need to have the technology to proceed further into space, another planets, asteroids,
Post 29 Aug 2017, 11:30
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
there are lots of resources, beyond earth, moon, mars, etc, we just need to have the technology to proceed further into space, another planets, asteroids,
Yeah, you are absolutely right. In fact, we have the technology to extract natural resources, such as mineral rocks, from the moon and from Mars. However, deploying such technology is simply way too expensive. So, unless someone like you is willing to pay the bill, such resources are out of reach.

Wink
Post 29 Aug 2017, 12:02
Furs

Furs
YONG wrote:
Yeah, we should live forever. There are unlimited resources to support the ever-growing population. No-one needs to die; eternal happiness for everyone.
Don't make offspring then. Adopt orphans if you really want to, there's plenty enough as it is. If immortality makes it illegal to make offspring, it's a no brainer choice for anyone logical.
Post 29 Aug 2017, 13:44
YONG

YONG
Furs wrote:
Don't make offspring then. Adopt orphans if you really want to, there's plenty enough as it is.
In fact, many highly-educated couples don't want children. Refer to:

8 Reasons Why Intelligent And Financially Stable People Don’t Want Kids
https://thoughtcatalog.com/jill-akridge/2013/07/8-reasons-why-intelligent-and-financially-stable-people-dont-want-kids/

Personally, I don't want children. One reason is that I am poor and thus cannot afford to have kids; the other is that I prefer a solitary life.

Wink
Post 30 Aug 2017, 02:22
guignol

guignol
Post 30 Aug 2017, 07:59
Furs

Furs
YONG wrote:
In fact, many highly-educated couples don't want children. Refer to:

8 Reasons Why Intelligent And Financially Stable People Don’t Want Kids
https://thoughtcatalog.com/jill-akridge/2013/07/8-reasons-why-intelligent-and-financially-stable-people-dont-want-kids/

Personally, I don't want children. One reason is that I am poor and thus cannot afford to have kids; the other is that I prefer a solitary life.
Agreed, that's why I don't see why it's such an issue? If someone chooses offspring over immortality, it's their (IMO dumb) choice. But don't force others to not have immortality just because some other people want offspring. Obviously, people will still die somehow, just not of old-age, so not everyone will likely want immortality (even if they did, having children would be allowed in some cases then).

Even without immortality, it pisses me off how many people have children they can't take care of, or how many orphans don't have parents because they were irresponsible or w/e. And nobody wants to adopt them either cause they want "their offspring" and shitty genes.
Post 30 Aug 2017, 10:43
YONG

YONG
Furs wrote:
why it's such an issue?

... how many people have children they can't take care of, or how many orphans don't have parents because they were irresponsible or w/e.
You have pointed out the issue, haven't you?

The world population is escalating. And the main contributing factor is the population growth in the developing world, where the vast majority of earthlings keep having children "at will". Most of them simply rely on social security from their governments and/or humanitarian aid from the richer parts of the world.

Like it or not, the carrying capacity of the lonely planet is finite.

Wink
Post 30 Aug 2017, 12:30
Furs

Furs
I don't see how that is a problem. Those people don't qualify for immortality, simple enough. I don't think it even has to be a law (like China's one child policy used to be), they won't be able to afford it anyway. If they whine about it, they brought it upon themselves, so deal with consequences. We're talking about adults (obviously).
Post 30 Aug 2017, 13:56
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
guignol wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VmCvChcGzU

just knew they could switch on your television remotely,
Post 30 Aug 2017, 14:14
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I have now begun to disconnect all cables on the TVs and phones in hotel meeting rooms and bedrooms. With the latest "smart" TVs and "smart" phones I can't be sure who is listening or watching remotely.
Post 30 Aug 2017, 14:21
Furs

Furs
I have an old flat-screen CRT TV (yes, flat CRT TV, no typo) so I'm probably safe right? It's not "smart" enough. Not like I even use it much Confused
Post 30 Aug 2017, 14:22
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:
I have now begun to disconnect all cables on the TVs and phones in hotel meeting rooms and bedrooms. With the latest "smart" TVs and "smart" phones I can't be sure who is listening or watching remotely.

damn scary, all these shits are f. real,
Post 30 Aug 2017, 14:25

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: