flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 244, 245, 246  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
Our current verifiable evidence shows the Universe is even more quantized than Planck Length.
More quantized? You mean that the shortest time interval and length measured by scientists are way bigger than the Planck time and length, respectively. Right?

But it does not mean that the universe is "more quantized". It just means that scientists, with the currently-available measuring devices and techniques, can only attain such levels of precision.

Just look at how technology has advanced in the past 30 years. I am confident that much higher levels of precision can be attained.

Wink
Post 14 Aug 2017, 12:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
what evidence do you have that it is not quantized?
Refer to:

Trans-Planckian problem
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Planckian_problem

If physical quantities beyond the Planck scale do exist theoretically, the notions of Planck time and length may be wrong.

Just my silly thought.

Wink
Post 14 Aug 2017, 12:47
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1467
Furs
Yes, but there's no proof to the contrary either. That's the thing. Right now, it definitely looks quantized way more than it looks continuous.

But that's beside the point. Do you understand how your argument sounds? Let me put it in a different shape (cause it's the same) that I've heard all too many times from other people:

There is no proof for the Christian God, yet. It doesn't mean God doesn't exist obviously, just that scientists, with their currently-available measuring devices, haven't been able to find evidence of Him yet. Thus my position is no different than yours. [they wish it was that way]
Post 14 Aug 2017, 12:49
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
Right now, it definitely looks quantized way more than it looks continuous.
I think that you are a bit biased here.

We are talking about the notions of Planck time and length. My understanding is that as of now there is absolutely no evidence to support such notions.

The evidence that you are talking about supports the notion that energy is quantized. And you just think that it somehow makes the notions of quantized time and space more likely.

Am I right?

Wink
Post 14 Aug 2017, 13:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1467
Furs
Because energy (of light) is based on its frequency (which needs spacetime).

And anyway, the initial point was assuming Planck Length anyway, here's my quote:
Furs wrote:
Even assuming Planck Length precision (which is insane!), I'm fairly certain a 512-bit floating point number has enough precision for the entire Universe. So all calculations can be done on such numbers in the "supercomputer".
To me, since energy is quantized, it shows spacetime must also be (relationship), and the fact that we get such randomness sounds awfully similar to dither. Obviously there's theories who say spacetime fabric itself is quantized at Planck Length but they're still just theories, not denying that.

But that's beside the point of course, nothing to do with my initial 512-bit claim. The fact is, probably nothing we know currently via data/measurements (or will know in the foreseeable future) won't be improperly represented in such number.
Post 14 Aug 2017, 13:53
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8870
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
15th August 2017

- half month passed,

- i got a job several days ago, related to emails,

- clients still using the old and ancient ie6 outlook express, where all the mails dbx file is limited to maximum 2GB each, and apparently, export from outlook to windows live mail will cause incorrect encoding,

- i end up to use undbx and extract those dbxs into emls and import to thunderbird 52,

- even ms office outlook (the paid version) have no support to import from dbx, what a shame,

- google results ends up with most paid converter, or open source site with paid converter in disguised,

- i think email sucks big time in year 2017, probably we haven't figure out how to really communicate among us, and how to manage those conversations,

- and most likely those, freeware dbx to pst will copy your email address and start spamming you, Laughing

- this blog helps a lot!, thanks, Smile
https://thunderbirdtweaks.blogspot.com/2011/07/outlook-express.html

- and i found one nice website yesterday while lurking in hacker news, YONG might be interested with earning $20 / hour doing transcribe,

http://www.webemployed.com/make-money-by-transcribing-on-transcribeme/

- 32 Free Online Courses and Certificates You can earn in 2017
- http://www.webemployed.com/best-free-online-courses-certificates-in-2017/
i think this link is simply excellent, it put all the resources for us to improve ourself with (certification to show off) in one site,

maybe we should take one maybe as a hobby or, some kind of level up, or a game or etc, they are all free, maybe a little bit charges if you request them to send you your certificate,

- anyway, someone should let me know if 01.01 AM is real or just symbol, Wink


Last edited by sleepsleep on 15 Aug 2017, 05:05; edited 1 time in total
Post 15 Aug 2017, 04:57
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
To me, since energy is quantized, it shows spacetime must also be (relationship)
To me, space(time) that is continuous makes more sense.

First, we, to a certain extent, agree that creation gives rise to some "quantum" bubble, which then undergoes an ephemeral phase of rapid expansion, resulting in space(time). If so, shouldn't a continuous "version" of space(time) makes more sense than a discontinuous/discrete "version" of space(time)?

Second, consider the following hypothetical scenario.

Assume that space(time) is actually discontinuous. Then, it is made of up discrete, Planck-sized cubic blocks that are next to each other. When energy -- say, EM radiation -- propagates through such a discontinuous medium, the boundaries of the discrete blocks should somehow disturb or distort the radiation. Given that there are a huge number of such boundaries in the path of the radiation, the cumulative effect of the disturbance or distortion should be detectable. Yet, we know that the speed of EM radiation in space is constant and that there is no disturbance or distortion in its propagation through space. (The effects caused by gravity and the expansion of space itself are some other stories.) Therefore, the assumption must be invalid.

Just my silly thoughts.

Wink
Post 15 Aug 2017, 04:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- i got a job several days ago
Congratulations!

Hope that I can find some new tutees soon. But it seems that I am not as lucky as you are. Sad

Wink
Post 15 Aug 2017, 05:05
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8870
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
YONG wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
- i got a job several days ago
Congratulations!

Hope that I can find some new tutees soon. But it seems that I am not as lucky as you are. Sad

Wink
try the transcriber thing, i think it pays nice, $20/hour is good money, because kfc workers only get $1/hour here, Wink

and since your command in english is excellent, i am sure, you will earn a lot, and i guess, you could type very fast too, Laughing
Post 15 Aug 2017, 05:10
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
try the transcriber thing, i think it pays nice,
Thanks for your tip. Maybe I should actually sign up for a PayPal business account.

For those who don't know what sleepsleep was referring to, check the following link:
https://www.rev.com/freelancers

I am a bit surprised that the company does not use AI for such tasks.

Wink
Post 15 Aug 2017, 05:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8870
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
it seems weird to me also, because youtube video already capable to transcribe audio on the fly, with slight error, maybe less than 10%, i guess so,

maybe setting account currency to usd is better, there seems to be multiple 3% charge for currency conversion,

https://www.globalfromasia.com/hong-kong-registration/
Quote:

Company Registry (CR) filing fee: 1,720 HKD (220 USD)
Business Registration Certificate (BRC): 2,250 HKD (290 USD) / year

not cheap,

not sure if virtual company with virtual address and virtual registration would works, Embarassed,

there should be better way to receive fund in year 2017,
they should ease up the send/receive for fund less than 100 USD per day, 3000 USD per month and 20,000 USD per year,
Post 15 Aug 2017, 12:43
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
not cheap,

not sure if virtual company with virtual address and virtual registration would works, Embarassed,
The local business registration fee is just a small obstacle. The real hardship is the 30% withholding tax, which applies to non-U.S. citizens like me. That's why I took all the trouble to publish my novel on a site outside Uncle Sam.

Wink
Post 15 Aug 2017, 13:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- 32 Free Online Courses and Certificates You can earn in 2017
- http://www.webemployed.com/best-free-online-courses-certificates-in-2017/
Thanks for the link. I have never heard of "University of the People" before. Now I know that such a tuition-free university actually exists!

Wink
Post 15 Aug 2017, 13:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1467
Furs
YONG wrote:
First, we, to a certain extent, agree that creation gives rise to some "quantum" bubble, which then undergoes an ephemeral phase of rapid expansion, resulting in space(time). If so, shouldn't a continuous "version" of space(time) makes more sense than a discontinuous/discrete "version" of space(time)?
Not at all. Spacetime itself expanded.

Imagine that the entire Universe's coordinates is described by multi-dimensional numbers (vectors) between -1 and 1 only (for simplicity), with 0 being the center of the Universe (if it's absolute, again, for simplicity). This is pretty similar to how coordinate systems in our own simulations work. When the Universe was small, it still was from -1 to 1, but this time -1 and 1 were representing a smaller "range" thus the precision was far greater.

In fact, if this is truly a simulation as I think it is, this is the best way to implement an expansion of spacetime because it does not require changing anything "within" spacetime, no loops or other complications. All that changes is the range (which is, what, a single vector for the entire Universe? simplest way is best way) to expand it.

YONG wrote:
Assume that space(time) is actually discontinuous. Then, it is made of up discrete, Planck-sized cubic blocks that are next to each other. When energy -- say, EM radiation -- propagates through such a discontinuous medium, the boundaries of the discrete blocks should somehow disturb or distort the radiation. Given that there are a huge number of such boundaries in the path of the radiation, the cumulative effect of the disturbance or distortion should be detectable. Yet, we know that the speed of EM radiation in space is constant and that there is no disturbance or distortion in its propagation through space. (The effects caused by gravity and the expansion of space itself are some other stories.) Therefore, the assumption must be invalid.
You're thinking of it the wrong way, although the scenario is indeed interesting.

In our ("man-made") video games, when we compute the trajectory of something (particle or ray or whatever) we do so using "higher level" math (in the sense that we don't calculate it at every possible quantized state) with interpolation. They aren't moved at the smallest "quantized" level one position at a time, as that's even wrong in many cases (due to imprecision of floats or fixed point numbers). However, the result is indeed quantized to wherever the math ends up as (and consequently, truncated). It doesn't have to be one bit at a time though.

What you describe would be akin to the Universe operating using an algorithm like this "electron.x += epsilon" with epsilon being such "basic building block" sized thing. This is not practical, for one thing, because larger numbers might not even add *anything* to the position. If the Universe does indeed work with floating point numbers, such a coding practice is simply bad, not just due to performance, but because it can make an electron (or whatever) "stuck" forever in one position.

Yes, in floats, sometimes doing
Code:
x += 0.1; x += 0.1; x += 0.1; x += 0.1; x += 0.1;    
is totally different than:
Code:
x += 0.5;    
with the latter yielding a more accurate (accurate in the sense of comparing it to ideal math) result. What you described is a Universe working like the former, which is the simplest but most naive implementation.

Given that if this is true, it likely uses dithering anyway, it's safe to say it's not implemented like that (again, if it's true).

Because, with dithering, moving it "one bit at a time" (let's call such basic block a "bit" to simplify it) would mean it goes in a totally random direction everytime, as the entire amount you shift it at once is equal to the dither's "intensity". Which makes no sense.


EDIT: I realize you're probably thinking right now: but how do you know "when" something requires its position to be "calculated"? This would imply humans are special in the sense that stuff only gets calculated when we "observe" it, right? After all, in our video games, the player characters are indeed special -- we don't calculate stuff outside their view most of the time, since there's no point.

This is true, however, there are two cases here.

Case 1) Yes, humans are special if we are in the "Matrix" style of simulation -- i.e. we're just avatars for "entities outside this Universe" and this is just our virtual reality "playground", like in the Matrix.

Case 2) This doesn't require special humans at all. What's the point of calculating every movement of a particle as long as it doesn't interact with anything else? None. I'm sure a simulation would be better designed than that.

Of course, when we observe a particle, we interact with it -- and even change its course. That triggers the quantization process and the calculations to arrive at a "result". Well it's not us who interact with it but the particles that make up our tools and such.

Particles also interact all the time with themselves but not at Planck Length. A proton is absolutely huge, for example, compare to Planck Length. I mean really, really huge -- way larger than atoms are compared to a meter. There's no point in calculating every single quantized position when the particle won't interact with anything for such a large amount of "space".

So again only interactions get calculated procedurally.

Fields for example don't need to be quantized at all as they're just properties of spacetime. All their equations can be done on larger scales than at "every bit position" with simple interpolation.

The Universe only has to end the calculations at points of interaction -- that's when it quantizes stuff. Now that I think about it this perfectly describes why Wave Function collapses when interacted with. Wink
Post 15 Aug 2017, 14:20
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8870
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
how come windows 8.1 mirror raid 1 keeps on resynching after reboot, damn it, this is stupid, f.

maybe this is one of the secret deal hard disk makers paid to drive more purchase, damn it, this is a perfect shit that doesn't work, Wink Laughing
Post 15 Aug 2017, 15:41
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
In our ("man-made") video games ...
Well, you just keep thinking that the universe has to be some sort of video game-like simulation created by some "higher" beings. That is one possibility. But there are other possibilities, too. Anyway.

Wink
Post 16 Aug 2017, 02:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
how come windows 8.1 mirror raid 1 keeps on resynching after reboot, damn it, this is stupid,
Upgrade to Windows 10 first. And then re-configure everything again.

Wink
Post 16 Aug 2017, 02:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8870
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
too bad,
shits everywhere, touched by windows 10, Wink

the prolong in/out for hard disk will certainly shorten its lifespan, or it behaves like human now, you exercise more and you got bigger and stronger muscles? Laughing

there still lots of ideas to create better world, Smile
Post 16 Aug 2017, 02:53
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8870
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i got a few ancient intel processor with good 775 motherboard, got it cheap from people who leave these ancients in store room, Wink

intel e5200, not sure why it couldn't vlc play 60fps video smoothly, Embarassed

doing lts 4.9.43 for these ancients, i hope it runs fast through network, maybe as a media storage,
Post 16 Aug 2017, 12:01
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8870
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Islam Unveiled (Religion Documentary) - Real Stories - YouTube

happened when human discarded logic, Crying or Very sad

- soft persuasion, initiation in school, young age, because it is easier to trick 9 years old, the reason his wife is 9 years old,

- there is no f. reason for an adult, 50 more years old, to f. 9 years old, period

- only devil will recommend you to commit such horrible, awful, atrocious, monstrous acts,

- i guess most of the cult members don't know about this, because i can't imagine a sane person keep on following this cult when he/she realized such fact, Exclamation
Post 16 Aug 2017, 13:03
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 244, 245, 246  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar.

Powered by rwasa.