flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 243, 244, 245  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
29th July 2017

- i re-discover a way to maybe relax/meditate, Embarassed

- basically, you rest and lay your body down or sit or whatever pose that you feel, relax,

- instead of blanking your mind, or focus on nothing or etc that you already knew,

- i would ask you to feel

- feel your blood, feel your heart, feel the process of combining oxygen into your fluid, feel the fluid moving inside your own body,

- and if you can't feel anything,

- i would ask you to think of a way, find it, how to enable yourself to feel the fluid inside your body,

- and after you got some progress, the next step is to monitor, to feel, to experience, how the signals from your mind, to move your fingers, but not actually moving them, just send those signals from your mind and observe how the signals travel from head to fingers,

- they are no doubt very fast, and the point is to feel the speed, Wink feel the highway inside our veins,

- enjoy
Post 29 Jul 2017, 10:52
Furs

Furs
YONG wrote:
In mathematics, there is no limit on such a dividing process. In physics, however, cosmologists tend to believe that the Planck length is the smallest length a "thing" can get, but there is no evidence to back up such a claim.

Wink
You might be interested in Zeno's Paradoxes if you aren't aware of them already (specifically the first three). Whether or not they are true is of course a different matter, but the point being that math's infinities (or infinitesimals) aren't necessarily valid outside of just being a concept. So math is just an ideal representation and we never actually use it in that shape but only as an approximation.

There is no evidence that math is necessarily "right" either. (on the contrary, plenty where the Universe is quantized and the "ideal math" gets it wrong, like with Black Body radiation)
Post 29 Jul 2017, 11:28
YONG

YONG
Furs wrote:
You might be interested in Zeno's Paradoxes if you aren't aware of them already (specifically the first three).
Yeah, I have heard of such philosophical ideas before. But I am not particularly interested in them.

I am more interested in the information paradox. Hopefully, a physics guru like you can shed some light on this unsolved puzzle.

Wink
Post 29 Jul 2017, 11:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- i re-discover a way to maybe relax/meditate
Reading your post is the best way to meditate!

Wink
Post 29 Jul 2017, 12:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs

Furs
YONG wrote:
Yeah, I have heard of such philosophical ideas before. But I am not particularly interested in them.

I am more interested in the information paradox. Hopefully, a physics guru like you can shed some light on this unsolved puzzle.

Wink
Hah, I'm far from a physics guru, I just attempt to apply a view of the Universe from the point of view of a super nerd programmer. Razz

What I meant with Zeno's Paradoxes is that there's no paradox (at all) if there are discrete steps anywhere (even if we "accept" math's infinities, which of course cannot be proven, since well it would take you an infinite amount of data or infinitely precise measurements and infinitesimal numbers...). When I say infinity I don't mean only in the large sense, but infinitesimal too (1/inf) which is actually much more interesting.

I have to admit, I don't really understand why information being lost in a Black Hole is such a big deal, but maybe it's cause I'm not such a physics guru. Wink (maybe the Universe works with a sort of garbage collector that automatically frees all info/matter within a black hole Confused in which case it may seem like a paradox but it's "normal" from this point of view, even if it's truly lost)
Post 29 Jul 2017, 12:46
YONG

YONG
Furs wrote:
I don't really understand why information being lost in a Black Hole is such a big deal
Well, the idea is that quantum information should be conserved. So, if such information somehow becomes lost, theoretical physicists tend to freak out.

Indeed, even if energy is not conserved, there is no big deal. Yet, a physics guru finds such a notion dubious.

Wink
Post 30 Jul 2017, 05:03
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
one question pop up inside my mind after reading your guys exchanges,

- is there a proven fact that said one could only put so much energy inside an amount of space unit?
Post 30 Jul 2017, 12:08
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- is there a proven fact that said one could only put so much energy inside an amount of space unit?
Your question is definitely an unsolved problem in physics. Maybe a physics guru like Furs can shed some light on such a conundrum.

There are some links that may be of interest to you:

Energon cube
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Energon_cube

What's the Energy Density of the Vacuum?
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/vacuum.html

Wink
Post 30 Jul 2017, 12:25
Furs

Furs
YONG wrote:
Well, the idea is that quantum information should be conserved. So, if such information somehow becomes lost, theoretical physicists tend to freak out.

Indeed, even if energy is not conserved, there is no big deal. Yet, a physics guru finds such a notion dubious.

Wink
Maybe it is conserved, but a black hole is definitely not a "closed system". Of course, energy/information is definitely not conserved in an open system, since it can "escape" that system (if you only look at that).

The difference is that energy being lost and just being transferred to a system we can't reach are two different things, IMO. (or we can't reach "yet", spacetime warps could of course allow one to go inside a black hole and out without traversing its event horizon, but that's just sci-fi for now)
Post 30 Jul 2017, 14:02
YONG

YONG
Furs wrote:
... a black hole is definitely not a "closed system".
Right. Through Hawking radiation, the mass of a "lone" black hole that no longer has any matter/energy to swallow will decrease over time. Besides, the insanely-huge gravity of a supermassive black hole may actually open a portal to some other place of the universe.

Then, how come many theoretical physicists still freak out?

Rolling Eyes Wink
Post 31 Jul 2017, 04:52
Furs

Furs
I was referring to the fact that matter that falls into a Black Hole isn't technically "absolutely" gone. It just exists in an inaccessible system. If you throw matter in space it doesn't make it "gone" either, but if you look only at the Earth as the (open) system, then yes such matter is gone forever. No paradox though. I mean, a paradox for me is absolute, not based on human's frame of reference and what is accessible to him/her.

With the portal, I assume you mean Worm Holes? I guess the Universe would have to be curved and bent for those to be valid, but it's a pretty stupid notion in my opinion. Since you won't be able to escape on the "other side". It's no different than trying to dig through the Earth to end up on the other side via "freefall" gravity. You will stop at the center of the Earth and stuck there (no matter which direction you take, gravity will pull you back to the center; in case of Black Hole, light can't escape either, so you'll be stuck, even though you don't perceive any gravity at the very center).

But I guess calculations show worm holes can "in theory" act differently.
Post 31 Jul 2017, 12:19
YONG

YONG
Furs wrote:
... but it's a pretty stupid notion in my opinion. Since you won't be able to escape on the "other side".
Why? Rolling Eyes

In Interstellar (2014), it is possible!

Quote:
A wormhole may connect extremely long distances such as a billion light years or more; short distances such as a few meters; different universes; and/or different points in time.
Refer to:

Wormhole
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole

Wink
Post 31 Jul 2017, 12:45
Furs

Furs
The wiki article even says they are hypothetical... Confused so not sure what you mean there.

More precisely, it's not Worm Holes that seem stupid, it's one of their requirements: the "White Hole".

But there's a certain movie that also shows the Earth is flat, doesn't mean I don't find it stupid Wink Even if it is somehow true (huge conspiracy and all that stuff)

EDIT: Just to clarify why I find White Holes "stupid". Imagine you're on the other end of the Wormhole. How come a Black Hole suddenly acts like a White Hole? This also means travel is in one direction. What happens if you get close to the White Hole from the other side, do you get pushed out of it? Like anti-gravity? It just doesn't make much sense to me.

White Holes could exist but then we'd need anti-gravity to exist. If that does then sure, I will find Wormholes more plausible.
Post 31 Jul 2017, 13:45
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
1st August 2017

- please pay your rental, bank loan, credit cards, utilities, etc payment asap, Wink today is August 1st, and we are about to reach September soon, Laughing

- i was chatting with my friend yesterday night, having bears and food, and the topic went to jesus, alah, shiva, guanyin etc, Idea

- now for your moment of thought, at this very moment, suddenly, you can't move, all your body parts seem hanging, not under your control, the only feature available to you know is your conscious mind,

- now, ask yourself, what will possibly crosses your mind after you are so desperate trying to gain control over your body but fail to do so,

- and i guess, jesus, alah, shiva, guanyin etc god (names) entities will appear inside mind, even you are atheist or non-believer, ( there are definitely more names than what i wrote here )

- so, what is really happening?

- it seems that, god names already evolve into a symbol for magic solution, or hopeful wish to instant release from difficulties during utmost panic hopeless moment,

- for sure, this is how the religion educate mass people, bringing some sort of illusion hope into people mind when they are hopeless (i can't say this is good / bad, 50/50 here)

- now, i want to ask you all, what will cross your mind if such situation happened to you? even if you are atheist,

- and why people couldn't do critical thinking, it could be those entities were the one who put them into that (changes) desperate situation? Idea

- or those entities couldn't prevent you to drown inside that (changes) desperate situation?

- so, you are conscious and couldn't control all your bodies parts, what should your conscious mind do now?

- i guess one need to be very hopeful especially in desperate times in order to survive, (i guess this is true)

- but what should cross your mind (let say from scientific point of view) Question

- if one think he/she/it could contacts those entities at that moment, what actually prevent you to have such communication, right now?
Post 01 Aug 2017, 00:50
YONG

YONG
Furs wrote:
The wiki article even says they are hypothetical... Confused
Lots of the ideas that we have discussed in this thread are hypothetical, theoretical, and even purely imaginary. That's why I challenged you when you said something like "There MUST be a reason/purpose behind the creation thing."

The same applies here. When you said "you (someone/something) won't be able to escape on the other side", were you sure that it MUST be the case? The portal may lead to an unknown universe -- even a higher dimension -- that has a completely-different set of fundamental constants and physical laws.

I don't think that the notion of wormholes is stupid at all.

Wink
Post 01 Aug 2017, 04:14
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- for sure, this is how the religion educate mass people, bringing some sort of illusion hope into people mind when they are hopeless
A long time ago, I challenged the believers on this message board to give me one miracle -- within 24 hours, cure all the patients that are totally paralyzed down the neck due to spinal injuries. A couple of believers did respond to my challenge and gave me cliches like "God cannot be tested". And of course, no miracle happened to those poor patients. Crying or Very sad

When we are hopeless, we should check our inbox -- a new message may have arrived, which has the word "HOPE" as its subject. Nonetheless, the message could be a spam.

Wink
Post 01 Aug 2017, 04:37
Furs

Furs
YONG wrote:
Lots of the ideas that we have discussed in this thread are hypothetical, theoretical, and even purely imaginary.
Yeah, and yet you think a movie makes it more convincing or did I miss the point?

Explain why you don't find Wormholes a bad concept with our current understanding of physics. Specifically, explain why you'd be able to escape a Black Hole from within to the "other side" of the "portal".

Or at least, why White Holes are even plausible at all (no, not their color, it's just a name). There's nothing suggesting White Holes can even exist, since we have no notion of anti-gravity "object" (dark matter/energy doesn't count since it's not an object like a black hole which has mass and thus gravity; a white hole needs to be such an object with "anti gravity").

Also, not even the hypothetical Worm Holes are as you describe. They connect two spacetime curvatures (assuming you can escape them) so obviously it's the same laws of physics on the other side since it's the same Universe. Of course you can have your own definition of Worm Holes and beliefs, but then you won't even have hypothetical math backing you up so idk Confused
Post 01 Aug 2017, 10:29
YONG

YONG
Furs wrote:
yet you think a movie makes it more convincing or did I miss the point?
A movie like Interstellar at least gives me some amazing CG scenes. Your point just gives me lots of words that have no verifiable evidence to back up.

Wink
Post 01 Aug 2017, 10:35
YONG

YONG
Furs wrote:
Explain why you don't find Wormholes a bad concept with our current understanding of physics. Specifically, explain why you'd be able to escape a Black Hole from within to the "other side" of the "portal".
It seems that you have not paid attention to my post.
YONG wrote:
The portal may lead to an unknown universe -- even a higher dimension -- that has a completely-different set of fundamental constants and physical laws.
In simple words, the other side does not necessarily have a black hole. For example, I guess that a neutron star is strong enough -- gravitationally -- to get the job done. Even dark matter could be a plausible candidate for such a tunnel-opening task.

Refer to:

Wormhole to another galaxy may exist in Milky Way
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/11360840/Wormhole-to-another-galaxy-may-exist-in-Milky-Way.html

Wink
Post 01 Aug 2017, 10:50
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
"Wormhole to another galaxy may exist in Milky Way", okay maybe, but that isn't another universe. You can't mix universes and galaxies together, they are different concepts.
Post 01 Aug 2017, 11:32

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 243, 244, 245  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: