flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 244, 245, 246  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- why we always let others to inform us, how long we could live, what shits are going to come, how many more months, when we, already knew, nobody yet could live so long like forever or 100 years,

- are we actually living or, we are processing rubbishes on daily basis
Yes, we are actually living.

First, we use an infinitive without to after let.

Second, rubbish is uncountable.

So, you may be right on this: I do need to process "rubbish" on a daily basis!

Wink
Post 01 Feb 2017, 04:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
thanks for the lesson, or lessons?

how to actually know what is/are countable and what is/are uncountable?

or i need to pay some tuition fee/fees to know more about this/these?

1 bag of rubbish,
2 bags of rubbishes,
1 voice?
2 voices?
1 voicemail,
2 voicemails?
noises? oir noise?

i always got confuse/confused about english, the s and no s, past present future, and all the participle,

eg, i want to ask, how many game/games you play today?
when i don't know how many game/games he plays, i should use game or games?

and this game / these games? refer to same game or different games? or same game but play more than 1 time?
Post 01 Feb 2017, 06:13
YONG

YONG
No need to pay me any tuition fee. Just buy my novel when it is published.

1 bag of rubbish
2 bags of rubbish
1 voice
2 voices
1 voicemail
2 voicemail messages (for strict grammarists) | 2 voicemails (for liberals)

[The same thing is true for email.

Traditional view: Since mail is uncountable, email should also be uncountable.

Modern view: The plural form "emails" is acceptable.]

Noise
Noises

How many games are you going to play today?
How many games have you played today?
How many games did you play today?

this game / that game
these games / those games

Wink
Post 01 Feb 2017, 06:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
English is a terrible language. Although most spoken languages are also terrible so there is not much difference there really.

Perhaps we should all talk assembly? But then it becomes: 'which one?' X86? ARM? PPC? Z80?

Languages are such a mess.
Post 01 Feb 2017, 06:47
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
English is a terrible language.
Watch the following video if you can:

Problems with French Numbers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM1FFhaWj9w

English is definitely not a perfect language. But as long as it is an international language, I will root for it.

Wink
Post 01 Feb 2017, 08:22
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i never knew numbers are so hard to learn in french, Shocked Shocked Shocked

btw, i just search for 1 to 100 in japanese,
basically, you could learn this after the video finishes, very easy,

Counting Numbers 1 - 100 - Japanese Lesson 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOUqVC4XkOY

not sure if you guys want to learn malay numbers Laughing

1. satu // SARS without the R, tu = to
2. dua // do plus wall without the ll sound
3. tiga // t-shirt without shirt, ga = garena
4. empat // kinda lazy... Laughing Laughing
5. lima
6. enam
7. tujuh
8. lapan
9. sembilan
10. sepuluh
11. sebelas
12. dua belas
13. tiga belas
20. dua puluh
21. dua puluh satu
30. tiga puluh
39. tiga puluh sembilan
50. lima puluh
99. sembilan puluh sembilan (8 sounds crazy long), 99 in english only 3 sounds
100. seratus / satu ratus
101. seratus satu
110. seratus sepuluh
119. seratus sembilan belas
999. (ready) sembilan ratus sembilan puluh sembilan, (13 sounds)
1000, seribu / satu ribu
Post 01 Feb 2017, 09:03
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
not sure if you guys want to learn malay numbers Laughing

1. satu // SARS without the R, tu = to
2. dua // do plus wall without the ll sound
3. tiga // t-shirt without shirt, ga = garena
4. empat // kinda lazy... Laughing Laughing
5. lima
6. enam
7. tujuh
8. lapan
9. sembilan
10. sepuluh
11. sebelas
12. dua belas
13. tiga belas
So, I guess "empat belas" = 14. Right?

Wink
Post 01 Feb 2017, 09:45
Furs

Furs
revolution wrote:
English is a terrible language.
Actually English seems to be easier to parse for Google Translate, not sure if it's because it's so widely used and thus knows most expressions. Even "bad" english is understandable, unlike some other languages.

Plus, numbering in english is perfectly logical, except for twelve and eleven.

revolution wrote:
Perhaps we should all talk assembly? But then it becomes: 'which one?' X86? ARM? PPC? Z80?
x86 duh. Master architecture. Razz

We can refer to subjects with registers. For example, ip = "self", I'm sure we can find a use for the others (I guess stack pointer can have a special meaning).
Post 01 Feb 2017, 12:36
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
YONG wrote:

So, I guess "empat belas" = 14. Right?

correct,
not sure how long you could remember, you might need to know this when you visit malaysia, Laughing

i teach you another word, "ringgit" is the local currency name, like dollar in us,
so, empat belas ringgit is RM 14.00

you pronounce ringgit like, "ring" the object people wearing, "gate", the obvious bill gates, without the "s",
Post 01 Feb 2017, 19:13
ford

ford
human language can be quite precise, but to be precise requires intent and thought to be so. the subtleties of advanced grammatical structure and word choice offer precision, but that requires intense study of language. most people do not really spend the time required to communicate precisely, and this is evidenced in verbal conversation. most people will immediately respond to another person's words. this implies that while the other person was speaking he/she was formulating his/her response, and not actually focusing both what was being said and what he/she would say.

Every natural human language (save a few that haven't developed advanced numerical systems) is capable of communicating every possible human thought, idea, emotion. The reason for the failures in communication that we humans experience is not due to the languages themselves, but is due to the failure of humans to organize and structure their thoughts.
Post 02 Feb 2017, 00:54
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
i teach you another word, "ringgit" is the local currency name, like dollar in us,
so, empat belas ringgit is RM 14.00
Thanks. I will keep it in mind.

Wink
Post 02 Feb 2017, 04:37
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i thought of something really cool, but couldn't recall it, alas, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Post 02 Feb 2017, 19:00
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
i thought of something really cool, but couldn't recall it, alas, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Too bad. You need to have a superfast M.2 SSD surgically implanted into your brain. Constantly back up your volatile dream memory to the drive and you will never have to face such a mishap again!

Wink
Post 03 Feb 2017, 03:02
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

i just saw this on hackernews
The Purpose of Sleep? To Forget, Scientists Say
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/science/sleep-memory-brain-forgetting.html?_r=1

might explain why i keep forgetting my dream stuffs, Laughing

4th February 2017

- woke up and still remember my dream today

- saw a pc game by MicroProse, it is a war, business, strategy game,

- there is river or ocean in the middle, top and bottom for player, and 3D terrain,

- can't remember the background logo color, maybe white or black,

- the game is basically having a view like this, but more grand,

- then i saw my 7th uncle with his wife, and probably some other cousins,

- then i chew a chewing gum, green color, but tasted less like chewing gum, more like something you could eat, i feel the weirdness in dream because i am aware human can't eat chewing gum, or i am wrong?

- ok, i admit, i just google what happened if you accidentally eat chewing gum, Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

- i am on his car, plate number XXXX gonna buy this number later, ( sha1: 9b78f30138bf889f58d0fa7a3804d68fb0df02ac )

- i hash it into sha1 just in case it got me some monies tomorrow, Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post 03 Feb 2017, 19:55
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
The Purpose of Sleep? To Forget, Scientists Say
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/science/sleep-memory-brain-forgetting.html?_r=1

might explain why i keep forgetting my dream stuffs, Laughing
Memory processing is one of the many functions. Refer to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep#Functions

Wink
Post 04 Feb 2017, 04:33
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
sleepsleep wrote:

i am on his car, plate number XXXX gonna buy this number later,

ok, his car plate number draw in consolation prize, i didn't win anything because the number shows up is his new car number, i can't believe, this coincidence is near 0.0000000000000000000001%

i never knew his new car number, so i bet only his old car TOYOTA number, this is weird, such coincidence shouldn't be allowed,
Post 04 Feb 2017, 22:16
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
the number shows up is his new car number, i can't believe, this coincidence is near 0.0000000000000000000001%
I don't think so.

The drawn number must be between 0000 and 9999. So, the odds of having a randomly-chosen number equal to the drawn number are just 1/10000 = 0.0001 = 0.01%.

Wink
Post 05 Feb 2017, 05:43
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
well, i make it 0.0000000000000000000001% because it seems to me to be quite impossible to get it in the dream in the morning, and the number shows up in the evening draw, weird, like the previous incident, my car key, too random to be called coincidence,

6th February 2017
- you see, very fast right, soon to be march, april and so on, all these changes,

- nothing make sense to me, everything is weird, Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

- living, and conscious at this moment and the next moments, everything is weird, and nobody care, 9 to 5, breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, repeat, eat, digest, shit, have sex, repeat,

- nothing wrong, everybody is focusing on what they desire to focus,

- i feel like if i am gonna exists, i gonna define what i in the ultimate everlasting conscious,

- assume death is a process, that change from the current this moment conscious i to another environment, or i say, dream is a preview,

- so i am here to train to be as conscious as possible, and test it in dream, where after death on earth would bring me into that dream like realm, quite possible,

- the idea of having and possessing, just lost its meaning in the long term, it doesn't makes much sense,

- consider that there is unknown tunnel for communication after tiny fraction of photon is separated, maybe it is very possible to send message from later 7 pm to current now 5 pm,

- in fact, time never exists, it only works as illusion to count the moment,

- and changes, and more changes, are what actually happening,

- now what, how to send something from 7pm to now if it is possible,

- and what are those movies, images that got displayed during dream? why those movies, sounds, aroma, lights, during dream?

- does random means you need a set? a set of something that could be chosen?

- maybe random lost its meaning too if to choose from 0 to infinity,

- the best way to live might be, to stay healthy, keep on breathing, conscious exists, zero stress, zero conflicts, keep everything to the minimal, leave less trace on earth,

- of course, there are evil everywhere, human that have no more conscious except to bully and harm whomever they like or dislike,

- they will drag you into their level, is like you need one cup of water to dissolve one drop of black ink, unless you got one cup of water, otherwise, your one drop of water will surely become one drop of new black ink, Laughing Laughing Laughing

- guess this is why those enlightened or people who want to seek enlightenment seclude themselves,

- everybody could evolve into cold blood killer, in fact, very fast, and very easy, vengeance, revenge, hatred, and all kinds of emotions could justify the next kill move,

- hold on some beliefs, justify the action, go, human always form excuses very easily, Laughing

- eg, stupid god give some rapist permission to fuck 7 years old girls? what the fucking stupid god,

- invent a supreme ideas, or monies, and allow that ideas or whatever to justify your actions, bang, you can rob a bank now,

- back to topic,

- what to send, if it is possible to send something from 7pm to 5 pm
Post 06 Feb 2017, 10:07
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
6th February 2017

- we got uber, grabcar, and another new open source without 20% taxing apps, can't remember the name

- but why not uber and grabcar for goods?

- from driver view point, they afraid stuffs are illegal, poison, chemical, drugs or guns or etc

- from sender view point, drive took their stuffs and never sending them to designated point

- maybe if it requires 10 recommendation by known friends then only a person could sign up this job? probably make things difficult and complicated,

- there are always humble people who just want to drive and deliver, and earn some extra income,

- but how to filter these humble people out from applicants?
Post 06 Feb 2017, 10:19
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- there are always humble people who just want to drive and deliver, and earn some extra income,
Like death, tax is unavoidable!

Wink
Post 06 Feb 2017, 10:49

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 244, 245, 246  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: