flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 243, 244, 245  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
Don't believe those lying Sci-Fi novels that pretend that computers can't be turned off ...
I have encountered such a scenario before. My old Windows laptop has a built-in battery. Like almost all laptops these days, its power switch is non-mechanical. When the OS freezes in certain ways, long-pressing the power switch cannot shut down the laptop. Removing the power cord does not work because of the built-in battery. At the end, I need to remove the back casing and disconnect the battery from the mobo.

Wink
Post 28 Jan 2017, 02:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
well, at least, NOBODY could turn off INTERNET right now, no kill switch available,
Well, he can but there is a high price to pay:

The Day The Earth Stood Still
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-A_bt1KwDw&t=3m25s

Electromagnetic pulse
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

Wink
Post 28 Jan 2017, 02:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
well, at least, NOBODY could turn off INTERNET right now, no kill switch available,
What s the Internet? It is not a single entity. It is a collection of computers. And since all computers can be turned off then the Internet can also be turned off. All it requires is a willingness or a sufficient desire or need and it can be done.
Post 28 Jan 2017, 03:12
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
Did you know that naive is evian spelled backwards.
Thanks. I just learned something new:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Evian

Wink
Post 28 Jan 2017, 05:01
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
rocketsoft wrote:
howdy

hi there, rocketsoft,
welcome to one of the most active thread on board, i am your host, have a nice stay Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post 28 Jan 2017, 11:18
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

All it requires is a willingness or a sufficient desire or need and it can be done.

sure, but like YONG said, high price and probably accidentally affect entire human population on earth, Laughing

i would take computer viruses example shared by YONG as one of the substantial argument that, you can't terminate something as you wish, no kill switch, sorry folks,

especially in the coming iot revolution, Laughing where gadgets, devices, that capable to process bits became more integrated with human,

YONG wrote:

Like almost all laptops these days, its power switch is non-mechanical. When the OS freezes in certain ways, long-pressing the power switch cannot shut down the laptop.

someone would probably say you could still kill it by dumping that laptop inside pool of water, Laughing always a kill switch no matter what,
Post 28 Jan 2017, 11:25
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
someone would probably say you could still kill it by dumping that laptop inside pool of water, Laughing always a kill switch no matter what,
Yeah, I can also tear my old laptop apart by brute force!

Wink
Post 28 Jan 2017, 11:31
ford

ford
> What s the Internet? It is not a single entity. It is a collection of computers. And since all computers can be turned off then the Internet can also be turned off. All it requires is a willingness or a sufficient desire or need and it can be done.

It's actually simpler than that. The wiring of the original net was done by the US government, so some of it can be taken down quickly and easily. Beyond that, within the USA the other major players are: Comcast, AT&T, Google. Then there are the transatlantic cables which are USA, UK, AT&T. Take those down, and you killed a large portion of the internet. East Asia and Europe would be okay, but they would effectively be isolated from the rest of the globe. Then we have satellite connections, but I am fairly certain that the USA and Russian Federation have already weaponized space, and could take those out.

Anyways, kill switch? No. Is it possible to shut it down? Yes, I think so.
Post 28 Jan 2017, 22:02
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
29th January 2017

- i know i have dreams this morning,

- and i really hate it when the phone ringtones is the sound that woke me up, it clears all my dreams memories, shit call,
Post 29 Jan 2017, 06:43
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
i really hate it when the phone ringtones is the sound that woke me up, it clears all my dreams memories, shit call
Seems that the ringtone is stronger than an EMP!

Wink
Post 29 Jan 2017, 08:05
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
YONG wrote:

Seems that the ringtone is stronger than an EMP!

i am easily awaken by alert sound that i identified in my memory,

30th January 2017
- it seems that, "magic" or "moment shifting" really occurred at the moment you about to sleep and you woke up,

- is like the 0 turns 1, it happens every day,

- is the moment you facing death, the moment you gain insight, satori, the moment your are experiencing OBE, and etc

- but something is definitely wrong, people say they experienced this and that, but there is no certified and standard way to re-experience those,

- in fact, i am not so sure about the methods to OBE, i could only say, i try to maintain conscious throughout the sleeping process, i couldn't OBE whenever i want,

- i did find out the method to wake up from OBE, there will be a moment that you realize, if you let it proceed, you will go into sleep mode, and at that moment, you need to twist your foot big toe and 2nd toe constantly,

- this tips allow me to self woke myself up several times already,

- it always seems weird, when people accepting dream, sleep, the moment you want to have sex with your wife, the next moment you don't want anymore sex with your wife as something usual, common, or as if,

- death seems to be quite acceptable by everybody, which is weird,

- eating food, drinking water, also seems weird,

- i think everything is so weird, constantly looking out for another human who thought so too, Laughing
Post 30 Jan 2017, 16:24
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- eating food, drinking water, also seems weird,
They don't seem weird to me.

Surviving without food and water is weird.

Wink
Post 31 Jan 2017, 02:13
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
31st January 2017

- gonna try a new technique,

- what are the differences from current now moment, compare to dream?

- and why this awaken moment is not dream?

- it seems by repeating asking myself throughout the whole day, am i dreaming, i could actually put the conscious into awareness,

- is this current moment no much different to dream, probably yes, and possibly by keeping this self-asking process tightly, i might ask myself am i dreaming during i am dreaming, and having a chance to process the situation,

- great question is, how you know or aware that you are dreaming?

- and how you know or aware that you are not dreaming?

- and if let say, my last memory is i am dying at hospital, or etc event that life threatening, and next moment, right now, i awaken,

- or let say i live and continue to live till old age, maybe 80 or 90 or 100, i could say inside mirror, i am getting old, hair turns white, not much energy to move, and probably saw lots of people whom i recognized die already

- because every memories will become dreamlike if your last memory is you are dying for sure,

- do you attach with whatever that you possessed or obtained in dream? monies, beauties, whatever physical objects,

- maybe it is easier to let go if you shift your position to you are actually dreaming right now, Laughing

- and it is funny to think, one is attached to stuffs, possessions in dream,
Post 31 Jan 2017, 03:55
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- great question is, how you know or aware that you are dreaming?
In a dream, logic usually becomes kind of weird. For example, if I see comments in the source code of an assembly program written by T.G., I will definitely suspect that I am dreaming.

sleepsleep wrote:
- and how you know or aware that you are not dreaming?
That is easy. You just squeeze your genital as hard as you can. If you do feel the pain, you are not dreaming.

Wink
Post 31 Jan 2017, 05:02
revolution

revolution
How do you know we are not in The Matrix?

Or perhaps I should ask: How do I know I am not in The Matrix and everyone else is just part of the program?
Post 31 Jan 2017, 06:00
ford

ford
revolution wrote:

Or perhaps I should ask: How do I know I am not in The Matrix and everyone else is just part of the program?

You don't. Thing is, it doesn't matter. The reality presented to your senses is all you have to work with, make the best of it, or don't. It's up to you. You will, however, waste a lot of energy working on the wrong problem if you refuse to accept the truth presented to your senses.

Post 31 Jan 2017, 06:32
revolution

revolution
ford wrote:
revolution wrote:

You don't.
How do I know that you are not just part of the program designed to lead me away from asking such questions?

Anyhow, others have suggested that it may be possible to detect certain features of a Matrix type construct if we know where to look. But perhaps they are also just part of the program designed to confuse things more.
ford wrote:
Thing is, it doesn't matter. The reality presented to your senses is all you have to work with, make the best of it, or don't. It's up to you. You will, however, waste a lot of energy working on the wrong problem if you refuse to accept the truth presented to your senses.
But if I can detect, and ultimately escape, The Matrix then it might not be a waste of energy. Or maybe I'll escape into something worse? Oh, such a dilemma! Rolling Eyes
Post 31 Jan 2017, 06:39
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
Have you ever experienced a glitch? If yes, you are probably in The Matrix.

Refer to:

A ‘glitch in The Matrix’ has been spotted on the Tube
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/12145107/A-Glitch-in-The-Matrix-has-been-spotted-on-the-Tube.html

Wink
Post 31 Jan 2017, 06:43
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

this is very hard,
in fact, in any moment, be it now, or after death or etc any moment that we are conscious and able to remain aware like right now this moment, able to access our logic reasoning and memories,

we will and could always doubt we are inside matrix,

because the structured of information in its core are 0 and 1, grouped, expanded then interpreted, the most important keyword would be "copy", as long as such feature exists, matrix idea will always has a stand and claim,

revolution wrote:
everyone else is just part of the program?

very hard too,
assume what we talking here is changes
there always changes to change coin to heads, and changes that able to change coin to tails,

we could NEVER know which one is scheduled / decided / fated by the system, nature or etc that could control changes,

with such idea, perhaps, everything is running wild, and wild inside their limitation, i have issue with random, but that is another topic,

because only we could define, "what is out of matrix", then only we could know we are not inside the matrix,

and we need to define, "what is program, what is non-program", then we could know who are part of the program,
Post 31 Jan 2017, 14:06
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
1st February 2017

- couldn't sleep and i thought of this idea, and some other ideas, Laughing

- why we always let others to inform us, how long we could live, what shits are going to come, how many more months, when we, already knew, nobody yet could live so long like forever or 100 years,

- are we actually living or, we are processing rubbishes on daily basis?

- got to repeat this question myself, am i dreaming?
Post 31 Jan 2017, 23:03

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 243, 244, 245  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: