flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 243, 244, 245  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
but is there technology that allow bits data to be stored forever? can survive infinite trillion billion read and write?
No. And it is a mistake to assume that SSDs will last longer than HDDs. They lose data at about the same rate, just that they lose it somewhat different ways. That is, the failure modes differ, but the data loss rates are similar.

Always replace your media regularly. Well, that is, assuming you actually want to keep your data in good condition.
Post 17 Dec 2016, 00:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

Always replace your media regularly. Well, that is, assuming you actually want to keep your data in good condition.

thank you for the information, i already use 2 mechanical disks mirror for such backup and "good condition"
Post 17 Dec 2016, 03:57
Furs

Furs
sleepsleep wrote:
but is there technology that allow bits data to be stored forever? can survive infinite trillion billion read and write?
M-DISC is rated up to 1000 years, that should be forever even for you I guess. Or at least replacing it every 1000 years is not a big problem. (they were tested by the military under extreme conditions)

Obviously, read-only data. In fact, for archival NEVER trust data which can be written to after it was written already for "archiving" (i.e "forever"). It usually means it's vulnerable to something, like an EMP shockwave, or even a computer virus (when retrieving it)!

Most people think the cloud is a good solution for this: even if an EMP shockwave hit you, you'd still have the data. What if it hit the cloud? Ok, so they have servers all over the world. What if the cloud got hacked or company went bankrupt?

Basically, would you really trust someone else with your data? I'm not talking about spying here, but care of your data so you don't lose it, even if it's fully encrypted etc. So in essence, backing up to the cloud is fine, but thinking you're safe just from that is stupid.

Remember that unlike you, the cloud provider is definitely a feasible target for the bad guys.
Post 17 Dec 2016, 13:55
Trinitek

Trinitek
Furs wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
M-DISC is rated up to 1000 years, that should be forever even for you I guess. Or at least replacing it every 1000 years is not a big problem. (they were tested by the military under extreme conditions)

Obviously, read-only data. In fact, for archival NEVER trust data which can be written to after it was written already for "archiving" (i.e "forever"). It usually means it's vulnerable to something, like an EMP shockwave, or even a computer virus (when retrieving it)!

Most people think the cloud is a good solution for this: even if an EMP shockwave hit you, you'd still have the data. What if it hit the cloud? Ok, so they have servers all over the world. What if the cloud got hacked or company went bankrupt?

Basically, would you really trust someone else with your data? I'm not talking about spying here, but care of your data so you don't lose it, even if it's fully encrypted etc. So in essence, backing up to the cloud is fine, but thinking you're safe just from that is stupid.

Remember that unlike you, the cloud provider is definitely a feasible target for the bad guys.
I have an idea. Let's arrange a bunch of boulders into patterns to make 1's and 0's.
Post 17 Dec 2016, 23:03
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i have an idea too, instead of 1 and 0, i want more,
8 sections,

000 001 010 011 100 101 110 111, and tiny magnet inserted inside the circle, so each circle could represents 3 bits, evolution will break the circle even more, save size but more division, more smaller magnet, less energy to move that tiny magnet or steel dust? or whatever that could be control by magnet / electric

manufacturing already evolve to 7nm, which is crazily impressive,

shifting that tiny 3 bits is determined by how much electricity send to it,

reading would be hard, because i don't know how to read it Laughing
Post 18 Dec 2016, 01:01
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
18th December 2016

- spending time to understand Vue JS https://vuejs.org/

- Laracast - Learn Vue 1.0
Post 18 Dec 2016, 01:17
revolution

revolution
Trinitek wrote:
I have an idea. Let's arrange a bunch of boulders into patterns to make 1's and 0's.
http://xkcd.com/505/
Post 18 Dec 2016, 02:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
18th December 2016

- just went to the hospital to visit a friend,

- it seems, healthy is the most important thing one could get

- eat good, drink good, sleep good, drive good, think good, everything resulted into a healthy mind and body

- then i saw somebody who was seriously ill on another bed,

- i wish him and all others healthy soon, no more sickness, live and stay breathing,

- then i thought about how those doctors, nurses, etc people in hospital cope with physiology stress, people dying everyday, those you met just now, gone tomorrow

- not easy, seriously not easy

- but if you gonna face these kinda stuffs on daily basis, certainly some kinda perception about life will shift, probably towards negative? idk

- if everyday you need to kill slaughter 100 chickens, probably killing another 10 today makes not much different? idk

- probably killing a human also make not much different, idk,

- and letting your mind in that state, probably not so healthy, idk

- still nobody want to die, everybody want to live, and i want to live forever

- just want to send this message to all fasm members, stay alive, and keep breathing!
Post 18 Dec 2016, 07:11
Furs

Furs
sleepsleep wrote:
- it seems, healthy is the most important thing one could get
That depends on the person's situation. What use is being healthy if you are being held captive/tortured/etc? For such people, freedom is more important, for sure.

For some people, money is more important, because they're sick of living in their situation. Many poor people suicide, for example, because of being poor and having no hope that it will ever improve, which means they couldn't care less about health. I exclude people who take their life because of emotional distress or whatever, since they can fall under "mental health" so still health related I guess.

Health is usually important for people who don't lack the other things. But it's the case the other way around too.

What's important is the stuff you lack.
Post 18 Dec 2016, 15:22
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
20th December 2016

- i agree with you Furs, what we believe what we are lacking, factors that ultimately caused us to render our belief to one hundred certainty, we lack this, very important, and we need this now,

- it could be, realization on the mother of all desire? the chances to possibly execute next desire?

- christmas is coming soon, a friend went to korea to snow boarding, not sure how the weather there,

- how about the weather in your place? i never seen snow, not sure how cold it would be, i hope to play with snow in this lifetime, hopefully in future Smile with kind people, friends, kind human, kind animals,

- there should exists a website, kind people for kind people, people who want to stop taking advantages on others, stop all the stupid work 9 to 5, there are solutions to allow everybody to live happy and easy life on earth,

- is like there are actually a lot of ideas, solutions, abundant resources to benefits everybody, time to eat my pills perhaps, Embarassed
Post 20 Dec 2016, 07:50
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- there should exists a website, kind people for kind people, people who want to stop taking advantages on others
This message board is such a website. A few long-time forum members have contributed quite a lot. Cool

Wink
Post 20 Dec 2016, 10:16
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
26th December 2016

- there are lots of dreams actually, but i just kinda lazy to write them,

- i got one that sort of like a satori moment today, i dream myself in my car, and i am conscious, but the physical body just doesn't in my command, every parts just work by itself, eg, like i am breathing now, except i have far less control during that dream session

- i woke up, and i kinda ponder for a few minutes,

- as long as i, am not the i, in this moment, then basically it just useless, and meaningless, because the i right now will not exists like that,

- but this bring another question back, compare myself to 5 years ago, 10 years ago, changes did happen, am i the one i like 5 years ago? or 10 years ago, or etc

- so what actually define i? eg. the ship that bring all its parts, and change everything during the journey from a to b

- in this case, i would probably say the journey define that ship,

- i probably want to preserve this state right now, by assuming, this is the best state that define conscious i,

- but if i allow changes to occur, miraculously, the future i will feel appreciate i didn't stop in this current state (which happened usually), which is kinda contradict

- explore changes means, conscious i will change, maybe, every moment we are different person

- eg. someone spit at you, or talking about you, etc, suddenly you feel insulted, angry or etc,

- is the angry you, and the calm you, the same person?

- water seems like good metaphor, angry, fire, rage seems fit into all these metaphor,

- ... keep on digging all these ideas,
Post 25 Dec 2016, 20:37
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- is the angry you, and the calm you, the same person?
That is a very difficult question. I would say: Probably Not.

Refer to:

Physiological Changes Associated with Emotion
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK10829/

Insanity defense
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insanity_defense

Dissociative identity disorder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder

Wink
Post 26 Dec 2016, 02:39
revolution

revolution
How do you define "person"?

How do you define "you"?
Post 26 Dec 2016, 02:50
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
How do you define "you"?
You needed to define "you" first before you could ask your question!

Wink
Post 26 Dec 2016, 03:22
revolution

revolution
Are "you" your thoughts and memories? Or is "you" the physical implementation of the brain? Does "you" include the supporting body? If the entire brain and body and its current state are able to be duplicated does that make two of "you", or is it now "you" and someone else?
Post 26 Dec 2016, 04:02
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:
How do you define "person"?
How do you define "you"?

sleepsleep wrote:
- so what actually define i? eg. the ship that bring all its parts, and change everything during the journey from a to b
- in this case, i would probably say the journey define that ship,

revolution wrote:
Are "you" your thoughts and memories?

memories are whatever that we could recall back, some are the result of thoughts, some are the result of non-thought, probably physical automation, some are interaction with others, and etc

thought are process, we could change the way we think, the way we look at past events, now, and future, but memories are there, what is there is there, i should define them as unchangeable stuff

thoughts & memories exists because there is physical implementation of brain, or any other physical / non-physical stuffs that cause thought & memories to exists (which we probably discovered or may discover in future)

revolution wrote:
Does "you" include the supporting body?

blue, red, orange, green

supporting body is dictated by if the thoughts believe/conclude (based on processing its recallable memories) the supporting body he/she holding right now is the supporting body he/she holding before

revolution wrote:
If the entire brain and body and its current state are able to be duplicated does that make two of "you"

does dropping 2 dices at the exact environment, height, etc factors that we suspect could modify dice value, will always resulted exact dice result?

then we probably solve the issue how to secure crypto information, i just send you the value of those factors, and we drop our dice to know our same answer,

and i believe, even if i could clone another me up to date with the me right now, they will just change and differentiate, because i, keep on changing, eg, now vs the 5 years i,

which is the original me, because both believe they duplicate another me, Embarassed
is this important? idk yet,
but we could see the exact situation right now, i copy my mp3 to my usb drive, which one is original mp3 file?
they resulted same hash output, perfectly same

we probably are, changing thoughts with unchangeable recallable memories,
which bring me to another idea, later...
Post 26 Dec 2016, 05:42
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
26th December 2016

- if human is ship, boat, etc titanic metal,

- we are the captain on board, to decide which way to sail,

- i think we seriously underestimate that we are captain, and we got the power to change and set course,

- or i could use a dense forest metaphor,

- we are free and having power to go anywhere we desire,

- we don't have to mold our path by listening to others, (religions, politics, etc that already been discovered)

- we actually have the power to sail everywhere, discover new sea, ocean, to have fun, etc

- we could use others people travel logs as reference, but we don't have follow strictly or follow whatever that others written, we are free to write our own log

- i don't have to live like how others live, i don't need to have resources, opportunities, luck, etc like others, i just need to write my own log at my own desires, preferences,

- i been living at my own pace, and it just struck me, i could actually live at my own pace, sail my metal titanic to anywhere i like, or just park somewhere near a nice sunset and enjoy all the views,

- it doesn't matter who join me, or who is with me, after all, all these logs are personal, individual, they are what define me,

- i think the most important and crucial question, are we captain and holding authority to command this titanic flesh?

- back to my own question, " - is the angry you, and the calm you, the same person? "

- does calm equal having control? or does angry equal out of control?

- is every actions/emotions that could be controlled by i, are actually controlled by i?

- control is very important, in fact, we can't drive far if we got a faulty break or few liters of petrol, or without wiper, or lights, or turning signals lamp,

- angry is like faulty break, or we could say, we can't control our legs anymore, it just keeps on pressing the fuel

- i think my serious question to myself is, "am i in control, am i captain, am i commanding this titanic flesh?"
Post 26 Dec 2016, 13:09
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
28th December 2016

- you are hungry, thirsty, and right now, you desire some water and food, (stage 1, having desire)

- you are drinking and consuming your food right now (stage 2, fulfilling desire)

- you are full, water and food inside your stomach now, you don't want any food or water, (stage 3, desire fulfilled)

- i use food, water as example as this is common observable process,

- are there 3 person, 3 you in the above process? we could bring in emotion, angry, jealous, etc etc

- are you out of control when you are consuming your food and water? they basically are like angry, jealous etc,

- how about setting rules before you enter stage 2?

- i will drink this after 30 seconds, and only 10 seconds in stage 2

- i will eat my lunch at 1 pm for 15 minutes,

- i will sleep at 11 pm for 4 hours, and i will wake up, brush my teeth, and reply my emails for 30 minutes,

- i will ride my bicycle for 5 km every monday, wednesday and friday,

- does scheduling and abide them imply you are in control?

- what if the rule is, i will only eat when i am hungry? still a rule but with lots of freedom,

- you thought about studying when you are playing, and you thought about playing when you are studying,
Post 27 Dec 2016, 20:31
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
- assume nothing / no changes equal 0... or 1...
- changes mean a process from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0
- i am interested with what / how cause 0 to 1

- from the beginning, i am (the desire to change), a variable, consist of a desire counter(DC), a probability counter (PC), a forgetfulness counter (FC), and they are having a relationship and affect each other

- eg, eating,
- with changes and more changes, or longer duration, FC will increase

- if FC reach a maximum, the i will totally forget about this desire / task / action / memory / hard to recall and probably impossible to recall

- every desire (changes) come with its own value, and rules of DC, PC, FC assigned

- default FC will increase fast and slow down, and this depend on how high or low DC,

- DC will +- based on incoming changes, FC increase cause DC decrease

- PC holding when to execute the desire task, to be or not to be, high occurrence (low FC) cause low PC, make it easier, frequent to execute,

- PC is boss, to be or not to be,

- DC increase will cause PC increase (with their own relationship, a formula)

- eg. 899843289

- whether i could remember this number depend on,

- DC is high or low,
- FC will run very high
- PC is high, because the number is long and unrelated to experiences, shorter number equal lower PC

- next moment : 8998432 8998432
- seems like i miss out a processing counter, (CC) pattern recognized, compress, logical, common sense, etc
- the ability of i processor will affect DC, FC, and PC
Post 27 Dec 2016, 23:41

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 243, 244, 245  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: