flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
13th December 2016

- i thought about this new search engine,

- a search engine that search event, objects inside video Cool

- the result will be clip in probably seconds to minutes, depend on premium or free probably

- and user earn from their video if engine found the "stuffs" inside their video

- eg. laptop inside movie "spectral 2016", then the engine lists out all scene with laptop to be viewed by users

- eg. jessica alba in movie "mechanic resurrection 2016" which preferred by YONG Embarassed

- it could be a search engine at first, and turn into application used by everybody at home in future, might need really smart AI with expensive GPU? idk

- so instead of having document in docx, xlsx, pdf independently, eg, all document will be in video form, we just need to know seconds / minutes to retrieve them

- probably a better navigation seconds / minutes / hours will be introduced,

- like a 360 video, or a 3D actual house, user can put whatever stuff in that house,
Post 13 Dec 2016, 14:49
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
sleepsleep wrote:
- like a 360 video, or a 3D actual house, user can put whatever stuff in that house,
This made me recollect the idea of the "house of memory" from the John Crowley's "Little, Big", one of my favorite books in my teenage years. You can read the idea quoted from the book here: http://mt.artofmemory.com/forums/john-crowley-little-big-1003.html
This was like a search engine for a mind. Wink
Post 13 Dec 2016, 17:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- so instead of having document in docx, xlsx, pdf independently, eg, all document will be in video form, we just need to know seconds / minutes to retrieve them
A couple of points:

- Video files tend to be very big. As such, they take up lots of storage space.

- Searching text or keywords in such video files will be a big challenge.

- How can we embed a table (in the form of a spreadsheet or database) from one video into the document of another video?

Different file formats serve different purposes.

Wink
Post 14 Dec 2016, 03:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
This made me recollect the idea of the "house of memory" from the John Crowley's "Little, Big", one of my favorite books in my teenage years. You can read the idea quoted from the book here: http://mt.artofmemory.com/forums/john-crowley-little-big-1003.html
This was like a search engine for a mind. Wink

thanks for the sharing, tomasz, and glad to see you here, Smile
i will try to find this audio/book Wink
Post 14 Dec 2016, 14:08
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
- Video files tend to be very big. As such, they take up lots of storage space.
> i seriously don't think storage will become any issue in near future, the standard hard drive size with new laptop is usually 500GB/1TB and 128/256 for SSD, and i expect 500GB SSD become norm in coming 2 years

> and at least 64TB in coming 10 years for every new device, laptop manufacturers will probably bundled movies, songs, games, etc services, or they become cloud storage themselves (which they already did at this moment)
fyi, 百度云盘 provides 1TB free storage to everyone, with features to download magnet, e2dk & http files

- Searching text or keywords in such video files will be a big challenge.
> yes, and this is why and how we put AI buzz word into action

- How can we embed a table (in the form of a spreadsheet or database) from one video into the document of another video?
> editable video, or i prefer to use, "like a 360 video, or a 3D actual house, user can put whatever stuff in that house,"

> imagine you use 3D blender to create a box or several boxes stacked up together, and this virtual object is accessible from anywhere provided you have internet connection, like the minecraft

> except the quality of this minecraft will be like 1080p 360 video, i seriously think this is where our current technology will proceed
Post 14 Dec 2016, 14:23
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
14th December 2016

- you see, about the end of year 2016, very fast Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

- i thought about the meaning of several words, like, prefer, love, they are exactly the same word with different unstraightforward quantity, probably the core reason why human always argues, because everybody is using very speculative stuffs to understand each others

- like i said in my previous post, we seriously underestimate the "role" of "belief", because "belief / believe" is most probably the main reactor that decide which and what desires to proceed

- almost every "changes" we perform are subconsciously tied to our belief system,

- and belief system is more than religions, god or etc, my definition would be "expectation and rewards system"

- eg, i write because i "believe" some fasm members will read and exchange ideas with me,

- in another word, if i don't believe fasm members will read / reply, most probably i will stop writing my thoughts here, which is true

- eg, i eat because i am hungry, no, i eat because i "believe" i am hungry, and i "believe" the food on that table is delicious, and i "believe" by not making my self hungry, my health will get secured and i "believe" eating help me to live longer

- we actually "believe" a lots of ideas / things / objects etc

- eg, you felt offended because you "believe" they just insulted you

- you could see, all the feelings, are greatly and neatly tied to what you "believe"

- and how/what/where/when/who/etc wh you perceive eventually lead to what you believe, and this nice great loop turn your believe into your perceive factors
Post 14 Dec 2016, 14:50
ford

ford
Our words are abstractions that represent things that have no perfect form. In this sense, they are always absolutely subjective. Still, there is difference between words that are mind-dependent and those that are not. For example, there is no chair that perfectly represents the word chair, but chair is an object that exists. There is nothing that perfectly represents the USA and USA is not a thing that objectively exists. USA exists ONLY in the mind. Further, you used "believe" and "true" and "probably" all relating to the same set of actions. These cannot all be accurate. If you believe, then you do not know. This rules out the usage of the word "true". Also, a statement of probability and a statement of factual truth are mutually exclusive.

I would also argue that emotion is instinct. Our emotions guide us to certain thoughts and behaviors and are triggered by events in our environments. This is also true of the signals our bodies send to us regarding hunger and the like. It is factual to say, "I am thirsty" or "I am hungry" if that is, indeed, what you are feeling.

Belief is to accept a claim as true without evidence to support the claim.

Example of belief: God exists.

Example of fact: the Moon orbits the Earth.

Example of belief: I will continue to exist after bodily death.

Example of fact: I will, one day, die.

In these examples, the facts have evidence to support them. The beliefs do not.
Post 15 Dec 2016, 00:36
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
> i seriously don't think storage will become any issue in near future, the standard hard drive size with new laptop is usually 500GB/1TB and 128/256 for SSD, and i expect 500GB SSD become norm in coming 2 years
These days a FHD movie can easily reach 8GB in storage size. How many such movies can be stored in a typical 256GB SSD?

Wink
Post 15 Dec 2016, 03:04
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- you see, about the end of year 2016, very fast Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Time flies. It is time for me to dig up the Happy New Year thread again.

Wink
Post 15 Dec 2016, 03:06
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
16th December 2016

- framework with thousand, ten thousands and more thousands lines of codes to use html5, javascript, css,

- to manage, display and styling information, is everybody gone nuts?

- i know i am insane, thats why i find it hard to understand why more stuffs will make stuffs more manageable

- i am using alphabets, and alphabets are symbols, to convey what i intended, i uses symbols, sounds, pictures, etc, let focus on symbols

- A,B,C,,,x,y,z,0-9 etc

- hello world, hello world, hello world

- and we thought about position, styling, "event"

- what we could add into this "hello world" is unlimited, but the raw idea is, the text, "hello world"

- maybe i could define Art as the process to add infinite into raw idea?

- surely Art, be it font size, font face, color, italic, position, border, paragraphing etc, will make idea more presentable, more easier to consume by mass, even the "-" in my post is a kind of art

- is human always "tend" to add infinite into ideas?

- assume i want to have a system, to manage, display etc processes with information,

- 1. we will have raw ideas file, eg. hello world

- 2. then we want to have the feature to cosmetic our raw ideas, which is css in this case

- 3. but css requires we add <span class="my-css-class">raw ideas</span> to sort of inform where / when / how to style (this is kinda issue, i don't like such approach)

- 4. i propose the concept, "adding less is better" in raw idea file

- 5. i propose also the concept, "no naming is better", the idea to keep on adding variable, name them, is bad, very bad,

- 6. but still, how could we section raw idea for styling?

- 7. eg, this is a simple paragraph to test new idea, the quick brow fox jumps over the lazy dog

- 8. eg. this is a simple%1 paragraph to test%2 new idea, the quick%3 ...

cosmetic file
===========
%1 w, style1 // word, style1 from css file
%2 w3. style2 // 3 words (paragraph to test), style2 from css file
%3 p, style3 // whole paragraph
%4 w, ~ // ~ equal using style name "comestic4" with % number, skip all the naming
%5 c2, ~ // 2 characters
%6 p, ~ // one paragraph
%7 w3 // if no, ~, we take it as , ~ (less is better)

- so user might need to use &number if they want to show & symbol, which shouldn't be a problem, so now we got clean raw ideas file, css as usual, just adding a cosmetic file, maybe in the form of javascript

- i am very aware the idea of wysiwyg html editor, converting everything into high level language which i don't prefer,

- now, who want to make this something possible and change this whole <tag> idea?

- we could work together,
Post 16 Dec 2016, 01:54
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
- i know i am insane
No, you are not. Insane people would never call themselves insane. You are just different -- maybe a little bit too philosophical.

Wink
Post 16 Dec 2016, 03:00
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
YONG wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
These days a FHD movie can easily reach 8GB in storage size. How many such movies can be stored in a typical 256GB SSD?

Wink

if no wars, stable market outlook, probably every cheap laptop / devices ship with 500 GB SSD around year 2020, about 3 years from now, the medium range devices will have 1TB SSD, high end 2TB,

if internet connectivity become free on earth (need 10 to 20 years), probably 50TB to 100TB cloud drive came with every new purchased devices,
Post 16 Dec 2016, 04:20
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
how about table,

| col 1 | col 2 | col 3 |@@20
| r1c1 | r1c2 | r1c3 |@21

| r2c1 |<|@22 r2c3 |

<| equal merge left, use &lt; if want to show <
|^ equal merge top

|^| r3c2 | |

@@20 whole row
@21 the last td r1c3

not elegant, probably table should have its own template, raw ideas mean raw idea, we only need to indicate this area of text is for table use
Post 16 Dec 2016, 04:45
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
if no wars, stable market outlook, probably every cheap laptop / devices ship with 500 GB SSD around year 2020, about 3 years from now, the medium range devices will have 1TB SSD, high end 2TB,

if internet connectivity become free on earth (need 10 to 20 years), probably 50TB to 100TB cloud drive came with every new purchased devices,
By 2020, 4K will probably have become the "standard" resolution, meaning that a 8GB FHD movie will then become a 32GB 4K UHD movie. Storage will remain an issue.

Wink
Post 16 Dec 2016, 04:52
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
dejavu

google just released beta web designer, saw it in hackernews just now,
https://www.google.com/webdesigner/
Post 16 Dec 2016, 04:52
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
If you want to store large rarely accessed files then using an SSD is not the right choice IMO. HDDs not only have more capacity, but are also cheaper, and will be plenty fast enough to allow you to watch a movie without stuttering. The right tool for the right job.
Post 16 Dec 2016, 05:46
ford

ford
Yeah. Google WebDesigner... it probably turns on your microphone and camera at random to snoop on you, transforming your laptop/desktop into a passive listening device to forever feed Google's lust for more information on everything so that they can appease their friends/masters in the IC. I think I will pass.
Post 16 Dec 2016, 06:54
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
agree with you ford, everything nowadays, with emerging iot, hello siri, hello android, non-stop listening to everything around us, whole thing is quite invasive,

we will have toaster, door, window, router, tyre, cigarettes box, etc with embedded camera and mic,

luckily we got gnu and open sources movement to double check all those codes and protect everybody privacy, Wink
Post 17 Dec 2016, 00:21
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:
If you want to store large rarely accessed files then using an SSD is not the right choice IMO. HDDs not only have more capacity, but are also cheaper, and will be plenty fast enough to allow you to watch a movie without stuttering. The right tool for the right job.

i agree with you too revolution, but this mechanical rotating disks probably could stay for another 5 years,

but is there technology that allow bits data to be stored forever? can survive infinite trillion billion read and write?
Post 17 Dec 2016, 00:36
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
The solution is simple: Don't buy those spying things.

The latest "smart" TVs now watch you. It sounds like the old Russian joke but unfortunately it is true.
Post 17 Dec 2016, 00:37

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: