flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209 ... 216, 217, 218  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:
revolution wrote:
You don't need a cron job. Just check the timeout when someone next tries to do something.

You mean to prepend a check stalled session PHP file against db when we receive a GET or ?
That is one method. Why not? Cheaper than a cron job every minute. Besides you would need to be updating the timeout anyway so it isn't as though it would be extra work.
Post 19 Jul 2019, 13:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
But you still need to store a datetime in db , retrieve it and check if it passed 1 minutes in every GET before function decides to clear stalled session by marking user online column as forcelogout.

Or maybe I am making things complex, what are you suggestions on simpler solution?
Post 19 Jul 2019, 13:19
revolution

Just store an expiry time. Each request from the user you check the time and either update to a new expiry time and do the requested action, or tell the user they need to login again.
Post 19 Jul 2019, 14:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
store the expiry time in where? database? session?
Post 19 Jul 2019, 14:51
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
store the expiry time in where? database? session?
Wherever is the easiest. You can let the client store in it a session cookie. Encrypt and hash the cookie if you don't want the user fiddling with it. Else just use a random session token and have the DB store all the details on the server. There are many solutions, it depends upon your use case which is best.
Post 19 Jul 2019, 15:37
guignol

strokes
Post 19 Jul 2019, 18:39
sleepsleep

The session method is, you won't have a real time info of connected users, because you can only know they should be log out after they initiate the request to continue inside your application after let say idle for 30 minutes.

Let say we store expiry datetime in db, if without active pooling, eg. cronjob 1 minutes to mark particular log on session as forcelogout, we couldn't know who is still login.

The idea to use GET request and trigger mark forcelogout still require a db time stamp behave like cron which one might as well use a cronjob.
Post 19 Jul 2019, 18:40
guignol

How to live in conditions of idiotical vacuum?

Description:
Download
Filename: doomcity.epub.zip
Filesize: 593.35 KB
Downloaded: 24 Time(s)

Last edited by guignol on 21 Jul 2019, 13:09; edited 1 time in total
Post 19 Jul 2019, 18:45
DimonSoft

sleepsleep wrote:
The session method is, you won't have a real time info of connected users, because you can only know they should be log out after they initiate the request to continue inside your application after let say idle for 30 minutes.

Let say we store expiry datetime in db, if without active pooling, eg. cronjob 1 minutes to mark particular log on session as forcelogout, we couldn't know who is still login.

The idea to use GET request and trigger mark forcelogout still require a db time stamp behave like cron which one might as well use a cronjob.

Code:
SELECT … FROM sessions WHERE last_activity + AutoLogoutPeriod < NOW()    
Post 19 Jul 2019, 18:58
sleepsleep

The session method what I mean is $_SESSION, there will be no read or write into db because we will only update expiry datetime inside their $_SESSION, and extend that expiry datetime when they keep on browsing our application.

Or doing a session handler that store inside database,
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~takebaya/cent285/session_db_server/session_db_server.html

https://php.net/manual/en/function.session-set-save-handler.php

https://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.http.http-session2.php

They are too complex to start with.

Wait, I visited this, he made it sounds simpler, Laughing
https://culttt.com/2013/02/04/how-to-save-php-sessions-to-a-database/
Post 19 Jul 2019, 20:48
sleepsleep

Got a few dreams but too lazy to recalled back.

23th fast scrolling to August soon,

Try to buy raw honey from deep forest.
Post 23 Jul 2019, 06:28
guignol

deep forest where?
Post 23 Jul 2019, 17:42
sleepsleep

relationship is about discovering your own values, and discovering people who shared those same values like us.

i woke up and wondering, how is it the journey people who fall in love with their creation, like program, sculpture, paintings, house, vehicle etc, to the extend they are willing to die for it.

i hardly comprehend that feeling, quite sure it exists it just i haven't reach or by pass that stage already.

every plastic bottles that we saw in dump site, were previously hold by human hand some time ago.
Post 23 Jul 2019, 20:58
sleepsleep

when people not connected by values, most likely they are connected by lust.
Post 23 Jul 2019, 21:20
sleepsleep

there are so much that we want, we filled our back court with thousand concubines but we hardly know their names.

we gathered so much till we forgot we don't have so much time to process and consume what we gathered.
Post 23 Jul 2019, 21:48
sleepsleep

https://www.businessinsider.com/chad-anderson-spacex-investor-vc-ceo-space-angels-network-elon-musk-2019-7/

Quote:
He also cites three other characteristics and qualities that are apparent in both Musk and founders at Space Angels’ portfolio companies, in his opinion.

1. Honesty and transparency, particularly when things go wrong.

2. Careful planning and communication. The best founders provide assurance and security to employees even while they are attempting something very risky.

3. Lead by example and help employees believe that if they expect as much of themselves as the founder does, together they can accomplish incredible things.
Post 24 Jul 2019, 14:26
guignol

Post 24 Jul 2019, 17:39
guignol

a tale of sankt-peterburg

Description:
Download
Filename: mptarak.7z
Filesize: 192 KB
Downloaded: 25 Time(s)

Post 24 Jul 2019, 21:54
sleepsleep

we can have ideas, lots of ideas, but rarely we capable to bring those ideas into physical.

talk is always easy, walk the talk always hard,

i wanted this application to behave like this, it needs to be fast,
i need 100k viewers asap, i need more content, more videos,

idea is desire, satisfied desire equal turn idea into reality.

most people think they can satisfied the blonde sexy girl, but failed terribly with premature ejaculation.

talks is easy, like in those books, god will also have a hard hard time to walk it's, his, her, etc talks,

the whole result is based on what circumstances you are dealing, you will choose to become a whatever when the circumstance arise,

Hitler, rapist, savior, Satan, killer, paedophile, drop bomb to kill 10 millions, torture 1k people, torch anime studio, serial killer, play god, Illuminati,

these whole thing are random and changes caused another changes, how logic is that too put number 2,6,8 into hell but allow number 0, 5 to heaven?

the system no doubt is having it's open issues, recycling all the souls do that no one ever remember anything to stand up and fight.
Post 25 Jul 2019, 00:12
sleepsleep

we got like few GB of mp3, some that we haven't yet listening, in fact, if we gonna play them all, it would require more than a hundred years to finish.

we really trying to own a lot, consuming all of them need more than a life time, but still, we keep on harvesting everything leaving nothing for others,

we are only strong when we are together,

we been induced to believe a lot of unnecessary stuffs, when we could, actually, fly beyond moon and having spacecrafts for everybody,

we could have better transport system on Earth, power, internet and so on if we could share and help others to help us.

the main issue would be, there exist bad seeds around us, psychopath, and etc human who have zero care towards others, who while driving a car, he aims for killing people with his car,

they live by taking advantage of others kindness, these are bad seeds, terrible seeds,

but like i said before, circumstances brought them to become bad seeds, it needs more good seeds to turn a single bad seeds into something better,

circumstances are farted changes that changes cause another changes that basically beyond any words to describe them into something useful,

we could only create a better system to prevent terrible incoming changes,

all those rubbishes, was sometime ago, hold by a person hand, all those straws, were last time sucked by human,

what to do if you are born psychopath, you see, i don't know, i am not even sure that a psychopath could learn sympathy, it is the same situation, if i want to feel how a dog feel, how an ant feel, how a bird feel, it just impossible in year 2019,
Post 26 Jul 2019, 12:41

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209 ... 216, 217, 218  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: