flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 206, 207, 208 ... 210, 211, 212  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
guignol

have you marked how revō knows about everybody else
Post 14 Jul 2019, 21:05
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
revolution wrote:

We know that in the long term a fair dice will give approximately equal counts of all the six faces.

Isn't this already some sort of prediction? I got a feeling you try to ditch the idea, the word "prediction" from your "statistic" meaning, or this is just my false feeling?
Post 14 Jul 2019, 22:23
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

I think the difference is this.

A prediction is very specific: The next roll will be 4

A statistic is more general: Over the next million dice rolls we expect ~166667 4's
Post 15 Jul 2019, 01:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
guignol

she tries to deny and defy anything that is beyond her scope and control
Post 15 Jul 2019, 04:06
DimonSoft

revolution wrote:
So for practical purposes randomness is real.

<OffTop>But for some practical purposes integer randomness is more convenient Smile</OffTop>
Post 15 Jul 2019, 04:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
revolution wrote:
I think the difference is this.

A prediction is very specific: The next roll will be 4

A statistic is more general: Over the next million dice rolls we expect ~166667 4's

But the definition of prediction doesn't include the idea of being specific, unless one choose to specified them in their prediction, like the words you used, next roll ,

The word prediction by itself already involve a level of uncertainty because otherwise, it wouldn't use the word "predict".

statistic imo the name of method used to comes up with prediction, approximation, possibilities, etc
Post 15 Jul 2019, 07:35
revolution

I can predict the next roll. It will be 4. And I can use statistics to compute the probability that my prediction will happen. There is a 1 in 6 chance my prediction of 4 will happen.
Post 15 Jul 2019, 07:50
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:
I can predict the next roll. It will be 4. And I can use statistics to compute the probability that my prediction will happen. There is a 1 in 6 chance my prediction of 4 will happen.

I predict the dice will roll at least one number 4 in coming 100 rolls,

If you put the word next roll, it signifies more details and specific into prediction of rolling a number 4.
Post 15 Jul 2019, 21:54
revolution

We can still use predictions in a general sense, but they become quite useless.

I predict over the next millions rolls we will get between 160000 and 175000 4's.

Then we can use statistics to tell us the probability of that prediction happening. I don't know the actual percentage there but it might be something like 90% chance of being correct. Another way of saying that is we would expect 10% chance of being outside the predicted range.
Post 16 Jul 2019, 01:56
sleepsleep

maybe i could defined prediction as spoken judgement towards outcome,

and most of the time, we set our course of path based on our own judgement, perception, belief, prediction of what may be possible, because there are too many seeds, factors involve if to use statistic to come to possible outcome and too have a decision what we should chart now,

i don't see how they are useless because, we just need this sort of thing to move forward in our daily life,

and you could have more than 3 parties doing statical calculation that gave you 3 totally different outcome on a same issues, then based on your own judgement of what is possible, one choose what to chart from that 3 output,

Facebook use statistical method to predict who among our friends that will become our lover, but we don't have such luxury, we use our own guts to detect, predict who that we like might fall in love with us,
Post 16 Jul 2019, 13:27
sleepsleep

Proof that the news is scripted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZVv2AOCnaA

Definitely a central to control all these consumers and probably more secrets in disguise.

I hope man will really go to moon in my lifetime.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xciCJfbTvE4
Post 16 Jul 2019, 17:15
sleepsleep

If there are no bad guys, bad ideas, terrible ideas, etc negative things, then what kind of movies, stories that people could watch?

I am not trying to justified all sufferings caused by bad guys, but what exactly a world without suffering? without evil?

Does all story, must have some form of bad guys to fight for?
Post 16 Jul 2019, 20:26
sleepsleep

Am not sure what to do with these numbers, 33,44,55
It seems to appear in dream quite often lately.
Post 17 Jul 2019, 22:10
guignol

Post 18 Jul 2019, 14:55
sleepsleep

In ideal situation, user login, do their things, then logout,

Why we want to prevent multiple login using one account?

Log each user by session id and their login ID? FB allowing multiple login using same account.

A login, system knew A login, now B trying to login with A credential, how should system proceed?

Maybe B is A who forgot to log out, System could only identify A is A when all id and password matched A.

How system could know A forgot to logout? By setting up a session variable that update timestamp on every pages that A visisted, if last timestamp different 15 or etc minutes from now, System assume no activity in 15 minutes and thus consider that as A forgot to logout.

What my local bank did is, they will display a box asking for user to click on it, if no click in 30 seconds, system then log the user out.

Is multiple login a terrible idea? Because banks don't allow multiple login with same id.

To prompt for a 15 minutes autologout, we need javascript, Laughing

Does single login means we couldn't handle multiple login gracefully?

Usually they setup another single mode let say when trying to modify password, and you can't have 2 same id, 2 active session trying to modify password at the same time? Or maybe system should just allow them to change password, after all, it is not of system concern which one is real A because both are as long as their credential matched.
Post 18 Jul 2019, 18:23
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
To prompt for a 15 minutes autologout, we need javascript, Laughing
The logout should be done server-side. Don't expect the client to do things, client code (and the client using it ) can't be trusted to do the work of the server.

You can use JS to "enhance" the experience by displaying a pop-up (or whatever notification) to the user, but the primary logout/timeout should still be done by the server.
Post 19 Jul 2019, 07:11
sleepsleep

Ya, a cron job every minute check for users' last active datetime on db server side should settle auto logout.

Is there better idea to interface database, browser and form?
Post 19 Jul 2019, 11:55
revolution

You don't need a cron job. Just check the timeout when someone next tries to do something.
Post 19 Jul 2019, 12:07
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:
You don't need a cron job. Just check the timeout when someone next tries to do something.

You mean to prepend a check stalled session PHP file against db when we receive a GET or ?
Post 19 Jul 2019, 12:47
sleepsleep

Quote:
“Today we have with us a group of students, among America’s best. To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth’s protective layers. There are places to go beyond belief. Those challenges are yours–in many fields, not the least of which is space, because there lies human destiny.”
Post 19 Jul 2019, 13:07

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 206, 207, 208 ... 210, 211, 212  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: