flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > My company is hiring, ok to post info here?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
GordonK

GordonK
Hi everybody,

I've been reading these forums and using FASM for a long time, but never posted before.

I've been programming in x86 assembly language since 1995 or so, and earlier this year got hired thanks to that hobby (although I was hired for mostly ARM stuff). Our company is now hiring 3 more people, and I just wanted to check and see if it was ok to post the job description and contact information somewhere here. When the VP sent out the hiring notice internally this was one of the first places that came to mind due to the deep knowledge of some members, so I checked with him and he agreed.

I don't want to go into further detail until I'm sure the moderators / Tomasz are cool with it, since I know some people view this type of thing as spam.

Anyway, thanks for FASM and Merry Christmas!

-Gordon Keiser

West Lafayette, IN 47904
Post 25 Dec 2011, 11:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
GordonK wrote:
although I was hired for mostly ARM stuff
Cool Are you aware of fasmarm?
Post 25 Dec 2011, 12:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GordonK

GordonK
I definitely am, I've sent links around the company to it. Smile Everybody was impressed by it (and doubly so when I told them to look at the source and see what language it was written in). I use it for code testing since it is nicer than GAS.
Post 25 Dec 2011, 12:10
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
Wow! I thought that Assembly coders never get hired for ASM!
Nice going!
Post 25 Dec 2011, 13:59
GordonK

GordonK
Well, nobody has responded in the negative (and we're still hiring) so I'll give some more info. If it's a problem, feel free to delete.

-----------------------------------
Anyway, here's some info:

I work for Arxan Technologies ( http://www.arxan.com ) as a software development engineer, mostly on mobile products (Particularly EnsureIT and portions of GuardIT4J). Currently we are hiring two software development engineers and a services engineer ( I believe all positions could be either in San Francisco, CA , or West Lafayette, IN depending on your location, but hiring in the IN location seems to be preferred for the two development engineer positions). We write code hardening, anti-debugging, obfuscation, etc.. software. I can't go into a ton of detail so I'll just attach the two position descriptions here.

The services engineer position involves flying all over the place on the company's dime and helping customers to use our products. Wink

If you are interested in either of them, contact me through this board or at gordonkeiser@gmail.com or gkeiser@arxan.com and I'll put you in touch with the VP and others doing the hiring.

See the attached PDFs, and if anyone has problems with that format I can convert to another format or do plain text for you.

Anyway, Hope to hear from some of you.

Cheers!

Description: Services Engineer
Download
Filename: services engineer 2012.pdf
Filesize: 23.59 KB
Downloaded: 137 Time(s)

Description: Software Development Engineer
Download
Filename: Development Engineer 2012.pdf
Filesize: 23.44 KB
Downloaded: 173 Time(s)

West Lafayette, IN 47904
Post 29 Dec 2011, 11:07
revolution

revolution
Perhaps you should mention whether or not you accept applicants from outside the USA. Arranging work visas may or may not appeal to your company so it might be best to state beforehand your policy on that.
Post 29 Dec 2011, 11:18
GordonK

GordonK
I'll send an email to the VP tomorrow and find out. I know they have hired a few foreign students from Purdue in the past as interns and moved them to full time after, so I don't believe it is an issue, but I'll get an official response for you in the next day or two.
Post 29 Dec 2011, 11:27
smoke

smoke
Hey GordonK, would it be possible to get an x86 application protected with your company's protector? Smile From the description on your site, It would be an interesting challenge to reverse engineer.

Regards,
smoke
Post 29 Dec 2011, 15:00
revolution

revolution
Here is another job for "Technical Assistant to Stephen Hawking"

http://www.hawking.org.uk/index.php/component/content/article/96
Post 29 Dec 2011, 15:11
smiddy

smiddy
revolution wrote:
Here is another job for "Technical Assistant to Stephen Hawking"

http://www.hawking.org.uk/index.php/component/content/article/96
For that money they are looking for someone who is WAY into him, since it is such a low paying job.
Post 29 Dec 2011, 16:09
GordonK

GordonK
@revolution:
VP is on vacation until next Tues, I believe, when we come back to work from New Years, but I'll send an email out when he's back.

@smoke:
They'll either love the idea as a sort of impromptu red teaming or be paranoid about releasing anything non-full-scale, but it never hurts to ask. Smile

I'll let you all know next week.

Happy New Years,
Post 31 Dec 2011, 03:59
typedef

typedef
In other words they are looking for an underground hacker/ black hat.
I'd rather be making 7k off script kiddies every 2 months from seling bots
Post 31 Dec 2011, 04:42
Matrix

Matrix
i am not sure about you will find the kind of guy you looking for who lives close && has the papers you ask for && agrees to all of your rules.
Post 31 Dec 2011, 08:48
GordonK

GordonK
@typedef:
Basically, yes.

@Matrix:
It isn't easy, (maybe un)surprisingly, even with Purdue here. I've spent some time in Purdue's CS department and they teach almost pure Java these days... bleh. As far as the papers... I don't have a degree yet.

@anyone who asked questions:
Still no responses, VP is still on vacation AFAIK. I'll let you know soon. In terms of the outside the USA question at least, I forgot (because I never see him and I'm buried in code when I'm not playing games) that we have an employee in England who does support for Europe, so if you have the right skills, being a US citizen / having a visa might not even be necessary. Razz
Post 07 Jan 2012, 04:12
Yardman

Yardman
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by Yardman on 04 Apr 2012, 04:34; edited 2 times in total
Post 07 Jan 2012, 07:03
GordonK

GordonK
Hi Yardman,

I don't know what the VP gets total, but we do get a good chunk for ourselves (increasing over time) on top of the holidays and sick days, and then the Indiana people also go to Cali for a week in May and a week in December all paid for which I consider vacation time. Smile I don't want to give any exact numbers since that's up to the people doing the hiring as usual. Schedules are more or less self-chosen. I'm a night-owl and we telecommute with SF, so I go in from 1PM-9PM most days which matches their schedule nicely... I've worked 9-5 before and don't like it, so that was a pleasant surprise.

I'm still waiting for a response on the above stuff, sorry, I will post it when I get it, so I'll be back then.

Cheers,
Gordon
Post 09 Jan 2012, 01:36
revolution

revolution
Yardman wrote:
Forget revolution (he's more management material anyway) ...
Yes indeed. For the record, I am in not intending to apply for this job. I was asking about the visa thing merely because many others here who might be interested would be outside the USA and may need to know such information before proceeding to do anything. As to whether I am "management material" then it is fair to say I am already a manager (of what though?) so I guess you are right on that front. As to "he's", hehe, that is so far undefined upon this forum, perhaps you meant "(s)he's".
Post 15 Jan 2012, 11:44
typedef

typedef
revolution is a woman ?

I always knew that. Very Happy
Post 15 Jan 2012, 12:41
edfed

edfed
nice! hope you'll find your candidate here. Smile
Post 15 Jan 2012, 14:27

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: