flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Online FASM Compiler

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
typedef

typedef
Ok I have this idea of making an online FASM compiler but I'm just worried nobody is ever going to use it that's why I need to know if any one will use it.
Post 26 Nov 2011, 20:45
shutdownall

shutdownall
typedef wrote:
Ok I have this idea of making an online FASM compiler but I'm just worried nobody is ever going to use it that's why I need to know if any one will use it.

You can build a website, offer download ability of sources, compile them and show errors or a download link. But who needs it and for what ? Just because it works ?

And there maybe a problem of sharing code with persons/organizations you don't know. Rolling Eyes
I don't like cloud computing at all.

But I have Google mail accounts. Could be interpreted as cloud computing as well. Razz
Post 26 Nov 2011, 22:03
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Someone in the board did this once, but besides the few users who interacted with the system to point out several security weaknesses, I think it wasn't used much and probably is not available anymore. Post a link here if you find the thread.
Post 27 Nov 2011, 01:22
emc

emc
The security is the main problem, this can make harder the implementation of a web-based fasm and you will have to disable some syscalls (As codepad does: http://codepad.org/jGOrPVRx#output "Disallowed system call: SYS_socketcall").
fasm is not an interpreted language, so if you want to show an output to the user, the server has to assemble the code, execute the program to shows an eventual output. It seems boring to do all that.

But... it's a funny idea (and useful) Very Happy
Post 27 Nov 2011, 02:26
typedef

typedef
you got the Idea wrong.

FASM will just compile not run it. And the would be a predefined compile time set, like a profiler. If the time exceeds the one set, the compilation breaks.

And once you submit for compilation. You can't submit any other until your compilation time has ended.

To compile you will get a token (like an id and or pass), without that there's nothing for you there. And to get a token, you need to enter a captcha(yeah).

Well... I changed my mind, since no one seems interested.
Post 27 Nov 2011, 02:55
Akujin

Akujin
...!!!
Post 27 Nov 2011, 04:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Matrix

Matrix
i believe it's not too hard to download and unpack the FASM executable from an archive, then use it locally.
Post 27 Nov 2011, 07:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
neville

neville
A Solution looking for a Problem ? Wink

Post 28 Nov 2011, 00:55
Tyler

Tyler
There have been times when I wished I could have had a web site that would let me compile and download an executable. (School computers are unnecessarily locked down.) But, the most practical solution, I find, is a well-stocked flash drive. Smile
Post 28 Nov 2011, 05:56

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: