flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > on going SHTF, Syria & Iran

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
http://www.prisonplanet.com/russian-warships-enter-syrian-waters-to-prevent-nato-attack.html wrote:

Russian warships have entered Syrian territorial waters in an aggressive move designed to prevent any NATO-led attack on the country under the guise of a “humanitarian intervention”.

“Russian warships are due to arrive at Syrian territorial waters, a Syrian news agency said on Thursday, indicating that the move represented a clear message to the West that Moscow would resist any foreign intervention in the country’s civil unrest,”
Post 18 Nov 2011, 22:19
Tyler

Tyler
It's kinda distressing to see Russia and China take views that diametrically oppose those of the most of the west. Personally, I believe that if a government should be overthrown, it should be overthrown by its people. However, I doubt most of my government or the collective government of most of the west agrees with me.
Post 18 Nov 2011, 22:30
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
If that's true then they obviously want to protect their commercial (civilian and military) interests as well as their naval base in Tartus - the only one outside their sphere of influence in the Caucasus and Central Asia - before NATO starts bombing the shit out of the entire country Libyan style.
Very sound policy I was expecting months ago.

With the tons of weapons being successfully smuggled in from Iraq, Jordan and especially Lebanon, and the support the most extremist protesters enjoy from Saudi Arabia and its GCC clients, even talking about an independent overthrow of the government led "by its people" is hilarious!
Post 19 Nov 2011, 07:58
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
shit is getting heavier day by day...lots of agendas on going, it just who & when gonna starts the first fire.

this world needs 3 main superpowers for stability.
Post 19 Nov 2011, 16:20
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
If by stability, you mean less wars, then having superpowers doesn't really improve that. The best example is the Cold War which gave us many bloody proxy "hot" wars.
And why three superpowers? The Cold War was fought by two. There's no reason to think any additional ones would've changed the equation much. They most likely would've aligned with one of the other superpowers, thus ending with one of these situations:
1) a Cold War (plus all the proxy wars) between one superpower and the other group
2) the defeat of one of the three (or more), resulting in a Cold War between the remaining two superpowers and then, repeating the above, our current situation.
See, we'd always go through the same loop over and over again.

How about...
1. No superpowers at all;
2. An integrated productive system managed by experts in every field from mining to services;
3. A global federative political system that a) only manages social matters without interfering with the activities of the aforementioned system, and b) takes into account all the local needs by being accountable to the population.
By accountable, I mean total transparency, recallable delegates and the use of communication technologies as a means to enact direct democracy whenever possible, no electoral campaign crap and no representatives who enjoy long mandates and immunity.
Post 19 Nov 2011, 18:34
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
there is some great mind in ancient china military strategy that describe having a 3 superpower countries will prevent chaos because if A attack B, then C will attack A, so, everybody will stay still and play wise.

1. no superpower at all, maybe, i hope so too.
2. agree
3. this will somehow give them some authority, higher than normal population status.

idk if it is possible to implement total transparency, and i somehow doubt if democracy is the best system. idk, this world is getting chaos day by day.
Post 27 Nov 2011, 14:14
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
http://news.yahoo.com/iran-threatens-hit-turkey-us-israel-attack-153655802.html wrote:

Iran threatens to hit Turkey if US, Israel attack

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran will target NATO's missile defense installations in Turkey if the U.S. or Israel attacks the Islamic Republic, a senior commander of Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard said Saturday.

Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, the head of the Guards' aerospace division, said the warning is part of a new defense strategy to counter what he described as an increase in threats from the U.S. and Israel.

Tensions have been rising between Iran and the West since the release of a report earlier this month by the International Atomic Energy Agency that said for the first time that Tehran was suspected of conducting secret experiments whose sole purpose was the development of nuclear arms.
Post 27 Nov 2011, 14:15
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
http://www.thehalsreport.com/2011/11/nato-attacks-pakistan-army-pakistan-cuts-off-u-s-supply-lines/ wrote:

Nato attacks Pakistan army, Pakistan cuts off U.S. supply lines

NATO coalition aircraft forces have allegedly killed 24 Pakistani troops in one of the country’s deadliest friendly fire incidents in almost a decade. The attack occurred in the Baizai area of Mohmand at two separate Pakistani checkpoints around 2 a.m. on Saturday. In a press conference this morning, a NATO spokesman said it was likely coalition airstrikes caused the casualties.

In response to the attack, Pakistan announced the closure of two vital supply lines used by the U.S. military in Afghanistan, they also demand the U.S. vacate Shamsi Air Base within 15 days, which is located in the southwestern Baluchistan province.
Post 27 Nov 2011, 14:30
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
The Iranian Currency Crisis: Three Possible Scenarios

http://swampland.time.com/2012/10/04/the-iranian-currency-crisis-three-possible-scenarios/

1. The regime falls.
2. The regime makes a run for a bomb.
3. Economic but not political collapse.

we are moving toward us, iran, israel, war.
Post 04 Oct 2012, 23:35
Masood.Sandking

Masood.Sandking
hi!
Quote:
I believe that if a government should be overthrown, it should be overthrown by its people.

I believe it, and i think finally it will happen someday if everything continiues on this way... here i see some movements by people in Tehran that government is censoring... most important reason is currency crisis...
Quote:
1. The regime falls.
2. The regime makes a run for a bomb.
3. Economic but not political collapse.

there is more chance for first scenario...
Post 07 Oct 2012, 17:22
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
#2.
Post 07 Oct 2012, 22:09
kalambong

kalambong
Tyler wrote:
It's kinda distressing to see Russia and China take views that diametrically oppose those of the most of the west. Personally, I believe that if a government should be overthrown, it should be overthrown by its people. However, I doubt most of my government or the collective government of most of the west agrees with me.

It's kinda distressing to see how the West like to play both the roles of the Judge and also the Executioner.

Who gave them the right to overthrow anybody else?

Let's take the situation from another perspective, shall we?

If the West can supply arms and lunatics into Syria to create havocs, Iran or China or Russia or Syria can also engage in supplying arms and lunatics infiltrating the West to overthrow the Western governments.

Does the West really want to play this tic-for-tac game?
Post 08 Oct 2012, 02:12
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
iran were offered help for civilian nuclear energy, but they reject, they want whole process on their own...which translates to build bomb.

religion doesn't use logic, they base on so called holy book,
and islam is dangerous, together with crazy mullah, they can turn this world into hell.
Post 08 Oct 2012, 05:43
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
sleepsleep wrote:
iran were offered help for civilian nuclear energy, but they reject

The Russians gave them the tools and the Iranians used them.
Iran had a nuclear program before Khumaini came to power. But no one had a problem with it because the Shah was a western puppet.

sleepsleep wrote:
they want whole process on their own

Well in a world where it's "each on his own" and everyone wants to screw you, seeking energetic and political autonomy becomes quite understandable.

sleepsleep wrote:
which translates to build bomb.

Not necessarily. But they'd be complete idiots if they weren't building an arsenal. Anyone in their position (surrounded by rivals and enemies) would.

sleepsleep wrote:
religion doesn't use logic, they base on so called holy book, and islam is dangerous, together with crazy mullah, they can turn this world into hell.

Both political leaders like Ahmadinijad and religious leaders like Khamenei are realists. Most of what they say is just for propaganda.

There is more to it than what you'd read in western media.

Last edited by ManOfSteel on 08 Oct 2012, 09:52; edited 1 time in total
Post 08 Oct 2012, 09:45
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
does that mean you agree to let iran have nukes?
Post 08 Oct 2012, 09:52
kalambong

kalambong
The United States of America, the state which invaded Iraq under the pretence of "Iraq having weapon of mass destruction", which was proven to be false, has nukes.

Face it, dude. The bad guys already have nukes.

Add one more bad guy - Iran - to the list of nuke wielding dudes ain't gonna make any freaking difference.

Stop drinking the kool aid and start using your brain.
Post 08 Oct 2012, 09:56
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
sleepsleep, regardless of my opinion of the Iranian government, I think anyone in their right mind would do what they have been doing. This goes for their civilian program (independent energy sector, economy based on heavy industry, oil for exportation only) as well as any *hypothetical* military program (MAD).
Post 08 Oct 2012, 11:37
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
iran with their IRGC, terrorists, islam spreading,

there is no good guy, but this bad guy is the craziest.

what is the last time logic wins over religion?
Post 08 Oct 2012, 15:56
Tyler

Tyler
sleepsleep wrote:
does that mean you agree to let iran have nukes?
Why not? Unless they just want to not exist anymore, they won't use them. They know that if they did get a warhead off the ground, Israel (and probably the US) would decimate them.
Post 08 Oct 2012, 23:35
Tyler

Tyler
kalambong wrote:
It's kinda distressing to see how the West like to play both the roles of the Judge and also the Executioner.

Who gave them the right to overthrow anybody else?

Let's take the situation from another perspective, shall we?

If the West can supply arms and lunatics into Syria to create havocs, Iran or China or Russia or Syria can also engage in supplying arms and lunatics infiltrating the West to overthrow the Western governments.

Does the West really want to play this tic-for-tac game?
That's what I was saying. See "Personally, I believe..." in my post you quoted. I'm just saying that the US/Europe and Russian/China isn't a war I want to see and that seems to be the way things are aligning over intervention in the Syrian conflict.
Post 08 Oct 2012, 23:39

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: