flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > System76 laptops

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
TmX

TmX
http://www.system76.com/laptops/

Any opinions?
Probably this a good option for those who are looking for Linux powered laptops.
Post 07 Nov 2011, 16:12
edfed

edfed
glossy finish is definitelly not a good thing because of reflections. but otherwise, it seems to be very cool hardware.

i want the bonobo with mate finish screen.
Post 07 Nov 2011, 22:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Coty

Coty
They look cool, personally I like glossy finish as long as I'm using the computer indoors... I know that Asus and Dell sells some linux powered computers and I think HP does to... Normally you won't find them in stores though (I did see an asus eee 2 and 4GB with linux in Walmart once though), so you have to order online... also good to note that not all of there computers have Ubuntu options sadly... (although Dell even carry's (last I checked) DrDOS witch I always found odd...)
Post 07 Nov 2011, 23:29
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Enko

Enko
I don't know the manafacturer, and in laptops, the motherboard is extremly important because if its quality is bad, you get lots of trouble.

I have an Asus with glossy finish, indoors its normal, outside with lot of sun its starts to get anoying.
A friend of mine have an HP with glossy finish, and even indoors its a little bit anoying the reflection.

This kind of things its better to see them by yourself with your own eyes, lift it and feel the weight, type text and feel if the keyboard suits you, etc...
Post 08 Nov 2011, 03:31
malpolud

malpolud
Coty wrote:
I know that Asus and Dell sells some linux powered computers and I think HP does to... Normally you won't find them in stores though (I did see an asus eee 2 and 4GB with linux in Walmart once though), so you have to order online... also good to note that not all of there computers have Ubuntu options sadly... (although Dell even carry's (last I checked) DrDOS witch I always found odd...)

You can buy a notebook with windows pre-installed, delete it and install whatever you want, optionally ask for refund for windows oem license Wink
Post 09 Nov 2011, 07:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
emc

emc
Prices are very reasonable, performing hardware, simple design... system76 is cool Smile
Post 09 Nov 2011, 20:17

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: