flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > global meltdown, coming soon to every countries.

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
domino starts.

Oct 05, 2011
Greece Shut Down by Nationwide Strike
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203388804576612261343333114.html
Quote:
ATHENS—Public services across Greece were shut down Wednesday in a nationwide strike over austerity measures the government has proposed to secure badly needed aid from the country's international creditors.

The 24-hour strike shut central and local government operations, including schools and courts, and hospitals, emergency health services and state-owned companies, such as the national power utility, were operating at reduced staff levels.

Transport services around Greece were disrupted as air traffic controllers walked off the job, forcing the cancelation of dozens of flights into and out of the country. Ferry services were also frozen and public transport in the capital, Athens, was affected by a partial walkout of the city's bus, rail and trolley workers.
Post 05 Oct 2011, 12:59
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UGDTtqklSo

Quote:

"If they can not address [the financial crisis] in a credible way I believe within perhaps 2 to 3 weeks we will have a meltdown in sovereign debt which will produce a meltdown across the European banking system. We are not just talking about a relatively small Belgian bank, we are talking about the largest banks in the world, the largest banks in Germany, the largest banks in France, that will spread to the United Kingdom, it will spread everywhere because the global financial system is so interconnected. All those banks are counterparties to every significant bank in the United States, and in Britain, and in Japan, and around the world. This would be a crisis that would be in my view more serious than the crisis in 2008.... What we don't know the state of credit default swaps held by banks against sovereign debt and against European banks, nor do we know the state of CDS held by British banks, nor are we certain of how certain the exposure of British banks is to the Ireland sovereign debt problems."
Post 07 Oct 2011, 12:49
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
The problem is not how we spend money, it is how we create it.
Post 07 Oct 2011, 13:10
asmhack

asmhack
Steve Jobs could save the world.. unfortunately he's dead.
Post 07 Oct 2011, 13:20
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

Steve Jobs could save the world.. unfortunately he's dead.

sigh, maybe, he got the capability to change lot of things.
but since he is so smart, i don't really think he is dead.

Steve Jobs building cryonics lab on his property? maybe yes.

i am no where smarter than steve jobs, but if given such amount of money, i will for sure build a cryonics lab somewhere to house myself.
Post 07 Oct 2011, 13:39

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: