flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > did you aware of this split second....

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
well, was pondering about this days ago.

it happened like this, the split second that you are trying to "think" or "call back" your memory.

eg, let say we want to recall back what we have yesterday or how we spend some amount of money.

so, this mean there is a distance between "I" and the "memory", i need some split seconds to recall those events.

are this mean we are just without "memory" all the time, every human are like the MYSQL server that running, but waiting for SQL statement.

so, in that split of second that "without" memory, who are you? or maybe we can find our-self in that split second?
Post 16 Sep 2011, 00:40
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I think the human brain supports concurrency. Thousands of overlapping "queries" being processed each second. I doubt there is only one central "server". It is a distributed system.
Post 16 Sep 2011, 01:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adroit

adroit
I like this concept.

I agree with revolution. "The human brain supports concurrency." You are able to breath, walk, think at the same time, correct? So possibly, you always have memory being recorded every second, but some just aren't as memorable as others, since most memorable memories are recorded when you are emotional about something or during an event. So, that recall moment is just a query, running concurrently while you are still recording. Take this for example: You are thinking back about how you spent your money. While you are recalling, your brain is recording that you are recalling where you spent your moment. So, later in the day, you are able to remember that you were trying to remember where you spent your money. Or something like that.
Post 16 Sep 2011, 16:47

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: