flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Is there an HTTP browser like FileZilla(Not FTP/webrowser)

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
typedef

typedef
Does anybody know of one. With capabilities to download and upload files easily without using FTP ?
Post 08 Sep 2011, 01:42
Madis731

Madis731
I think you are asking how to download malware source code from a HTTP site without clicking on each link.

I know the answer, but I cannot tell it to you Wink
Post 08 Sep 2011, 05:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
typedef

typedef
Madis731 wrote:
I think you are asking how to download malware source code from a HTTP site without clicking on each link.

I know the answer, but I cannot tell it to you Wink

I have a website which I CHMODed 777 and to upload files there I'am using FTP (Dreamweaver', FileFTP, and FileZilla) they are extremely slow. So I was just wondering if there was even such a thing.

Anyways, thanks.
Post 08 Sep 2011, 05:50
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
A real programmer would write their own downloader. A script kiddie would only know how to download an existing program. A wannabe script kiddie wouldn't even know how to find the program they wanted that would do the downloading for them.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong about some things. But for everyone reading this, where would you place yourself?
Post 08 Sep 2011, 06:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
typedef

typedef
revolution wrote:
A real programmer would write their own downloader. A script kiddie would only know how to download an existing program. A wannabe script kiddie wouldn't even know how to find the program they wanted that would do the downloading for them.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong about some things. But for everyone reading this, where would you place yourself?

A real programmer of course.

Look in the forums and tell me there aren't people asking about other software like text files processing programs.

I can code my own, but why not start looking around if there's already one out there.

Just because I ask for something doesn't mean I can't make it. Time and patience is all it takes. I hope you are joking with that because it pisses me off to hear such things when someone has a lot to do and all you think is that they are lazy.

Think again there, Mr Rev. Wink
Post 08 Sep 2011, 07:15
Madis731

Madis731
Isn't FTP usually faster than HTTP. If its slow, don't blame the protocol. Blame the connection speed.

In IE6 times I used the browser to access HTTP sites and IE would show me the folder view when visiting certain sites. I just can't recall if it had something to do with configuration of the browser or the server.
Post 08 Sep 2011, 11:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
typedef

typedef
i'll check with the server admin, and IE(on my pc)is even worse.
Post 08 Sep 2011, 11:15
Enko

Enko
Quote:

In IE6 times I used the browser to access HTTP sites and IE would show me the folder view when visiting certain sites. I just can't recall if it had something to do with configuration of the browser or the server.

I think you are refering to the embeded ftp browser of windows. I dont know if it is within explorer or iexplorer.

with the ftp browser of windows, you can acces sites like:
Code:
ftp://ftp.mysite.com:username@password
or
ftp://ftp.mysite.com@username:password (I don't remember)

with dreamweaver you can edit the site locally, then upload it.
crimson editor has some ftp function too (which i never used in both cases)
Post 08 Sep 2011, 20:42

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: